After a new watch

bluesj

I have had about six watches of creation watches (i have a bit of thing for collecting watches), have had a couple of citizen eco drives a couple of seikos and a hamilton, all have come within a couple of days of buying, all are still working and I have had no problems at all. I will order again when one takes my fancy.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

I second Seiko Customer Service, having used them for 3 kinetic sport diving/diver watches over the years.

Whilst you pay a likely higher price than perhaps an independent you have all the papers (pressure test etc.) if needed.

For other far older mechanical (as in auto/hand-wind) 40yrs+ watches I and a close friend have used Michael Swift on the Isle of Bute - both came back ticking sweetly! These were Fortis Marinemasters bought for <£20 in mid/late 70s.

L

Bit of a strange comment...not many of us can do much about Brexit uncertainty, the threat of global terrorism, the price of fuel and whether or not turkey is right to renew the death penalty. However lots of people have watches, and like trying to help people get value for money and something that will last!

Bluesj, although very interesting and I suspect confusing for you, doesn't it tell you a lot about what is happening in this world that your post has attracted so much interest when in reality it is a simple shopping choice and in the big scheme of things so very very unimportant?

Wow! Sorry we should all adopt a communism style system where we have one type of watch, car, house, transport etc etc etc as having any sort of choice is so unimportant.

Personally I think having choice in your own life is one of the most important things there is!

Bluesj, although very interesting and I suspect confusing for you, doesn't it tell you a lot about what is happening in this world that your post has attracted so much interest when in reality it is a simple shopping choice and in the big scheme of things so very very unimportant?

I sort of see what you are saying, its not the most important of things to be worrying about. On the other hand no one was forced to reply but many have been good enough to spend the time to help someone they don't know a little and give some useful info, if it happened more maybe some of the terrible things that are happening in the world wouldn't happen!

What it should tell you is (A) How little problems abroad really affect / interest us. (B) How much problems here really bother us. © How little we can do about said problems even if we wanted to.

Wow! Sorry we should all adopt a communism style system where we have one type of watch, car, house, transport etc etc etc as having any sort of choice is so unimportant.

Personally I think having choice in your own life is one of the most important things there is!

Tried suggesting that to she who must be obeyed and got a smack in the mouth. :-)

Looking at some of the sugested watches and the rather high price tags of some I was disappointed at the the length of the guarantee, most are two years at best. They can't think much of their products. Cheapish Citizen Eco Drives have five years warranty.

Edited by figgy

It just struck me how much interest there was in this fairly mundane item. We are in one of the most turbulent times of the last century and this was attracting more interest than weighty matters of world-wide concern. Only an observation by the way not a criticism. I have added my 10 peneth to the watch debate - Seiko! And John Lewis have very good prices now.

It just struck me how much interest there was in this fairly mundane item. We are in one of the most turbulent times of the last century and this was attracting more interest than weighty matters of world-wide concern. Only an observation by the way not a criticism. I have added my 10 peneth to the watch debate - Seiko! And John Lewis have very good prices now.

Although you say that, we the little folk don't see a massive day to day difference on a lot of these things.

There direct impact on us is minimal.

One of the biggest fear mongerers of Brexit who was telling us all how bad it would be for us has since lost billions from the stock dip as he was so exceedingly wealthy.

It's the big players who are effected by such like. Yet they tell us how bad it would be so we do as they tell us.

I agree with the Seiko as well. 007 is mechanically just a step down from the Rolex diver!

I'm now on my second Traser Commander. First one stopped working after 12 years and illumination had dulled to half of what it used to be. Not cheap at 300 quid but they last well

Send it back for a service.... The tracer lights can be replaced... I had mine done by a bloke in Dorset.....

I'll dig out his details if you are interested... He used to do any custom colours for the face when replacing the tracers

Actually speaking of communists, you can get pretty cool and cheap watches out of russia! the russian divers have quite a bit of a following! (check eBay)

I do have quite a few watches, from £10 to £5k. The one I wear most, by far, is from Steinhart: http://www.steinhartwatches.de/

For gardening and stuff, I wear a cheap Omega copy I bough on Aliexpress for <$50. It's actually more precise than the real one, and I really don't mind kicking it around!

Edited by buze

I have had three Seiko diving watches. None have lasted more than two years and whilst supposedly under warranty its not so easy to send it off and hope that there is no sand in the sensor or other contacts. Battery replacement is not cheap and I have found conflicts of the bubble algorithms with my computer as it is very pessimistic in its setting. The last one I have I use only as a watch.

Someone on here suggested Nite watches and having looked at these was quite impressed.

So you think there haven't been enough heartfelt opinions expressed here on the weighty issues affecting the world today? I suggest your observational skills might need some work. Maybe it's a bit of a relief to discuss something relatively trivial, so more people put forward a comment.

So you think there haven't been enough heartfelt opinions expressed here on the weighty issues affecting the world today? I suggest your observational skills might need some work. Maybe it's a bit of a relief to discuss something relatively trivial, so more people put forward a comment.

This is my take on it ^^^

We have had enough doom and gloom over the last few months on here that it's nice just to be able to get a bit of normality back in here.

Now let's get back to watches......

:shaun: