Hottest day of the year

la bala

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brings back happy memories of being inside the crater at Aden (Steamer Point) at 56 C discharging crude oil, the grease monkeys were a bit warm so reverted to 2 hours on 2 hours off, the real sailors kept to their 6 on 6 off - real men!

Still don't like anything over 20 C, give me a nice crisp clear Spring or Autumn UK day, I can always put on clothes, but can only shed down to skin! :lol:

lol I`ll believe you, thousands wouldn`t.

Couldn`t resist though, given the nature of your post. :D

All a bit of fun lol!

Hope it cools off a bit now. Been in a caravan in Weymouth for work, like a hot box. Not bad getting paid to take people on holiday though :)

Is that part of your new job description? Is it a solo task or do you wait for a crowd to gather?

a crowd? I wish! I work solo matey! Used to be four of us! Now we work solo and the work is very heavy. Hence the heat making it dreadful. No air con, tin roof, heat just builds up like an oven. It gets into the 40s durin the hot weather, and minus 6 over winter!

Barbecued venison and ribeye steak for lunch, washed down with well chilled lager. and followed by home-grown strawberries and cream

Grandchildren splashing in the paddling pool

I might have to stir myself and open another lager

Terrible this weather

Barbecued venison and ribeye steak for lunch, washed down with well chilled lager. and followed by home-grown strawberries and cream

Grandchildren splashing in the paddling pool

I might have to stir myself and open another lager

Terrible this weather

You could fall out with some people... :lol::lol:

lucky for me i am off til saturday. my wife gets the train home from central liverpool each eve and said yesterday people were nearly fainting on the train due to the heat and sheer volume of bodies, said it felt like a million degrees. we are just not used to extreme fluctuations in temperatures. got beers cooled in the fridge for when she gets home, nice lager and lime.

Edited by 7daysinaweek

I cancelled my Holliday to turkey was due to fly last sat , went to centre parks in long leat up graded villa well impressed , just got back from paint ball jeeeez lot easier when I was a army boy in the 80s lads loved it though , just had a beer and I don't drink mmm

Well according to the BBC weather we have a yellow warning of rain and thunder storms for 16:00 hours, well looking out the window its sunny and hot, there's are a few fluffy white clouds about but no sign of rain, anyone getting these thunder storms?

Well according to the BBC weather we have a yellow warning of rain and thunder storms for 16:00 hours, well looking out the window its sunny and hot, there's are a few fluffy white clouds about but no sign of rain, anyone getting these thunder storms?

It darkened over and then bounced it down for a few minutes this afternoon but it`s bright and sunny again now.

My temperature readout on the dash yesterday was saying 36.5 and that was late afternoon. I've had the day off work today as i was going to finish sealing the blocks they never did when they laid them but the product says not to if over 30 so just chilling waiting for it to drop a few degrees.

Plus I want to get my ruddy pond fibreglassed and now they forecast rain. It's been 4 years since i gave up on the butyl liner and it hasn't been dry enough for long enough for me to do it. I need 4 days of dry weather. Unbelievable.

Edited by Doc Holliday

There is a huge violent thunder storm going just to East of here (newmarket) the thunder has literally been one continous rumble for 10mins now!

Bloody hell just looked on lightening tracker and it stretches from Kettering to nearly Bury St edmunds

Edited by kennett

If anything , today was hotter than yesterday , today the breeze was off the land and yesterday the breeze was off the sea , when I can home around 6 o clock it was 28 in the motor , yesterday it was 25 , the pigeons I got today are all ready half cooked so I stuck em in a ole fridge to cool them off before they go in the freezer later on tonight.

It's funny how warm weather affects people as well. I lost count of the amount of people out for a run, as the weather is nice, these are people that obviously have not run once in the last 12 months. Why would you decide to give it a bash when it's 34 degrees is beyond me

The 3 guys on superbikes who passed me today on the motorway at well well over 70, in shorts t shirt and I am convinced one had flip flops on - remember falling off your pushbike as a kid in shorts and how much that hurt!! Never mind it must be a bit chilly in shorts and t shirt at 70mph even if it is this warm.

I spent 6 months going round Australia on a CBR1000 in shorts, singlet and thongs, no gravel rash except when I found myself in a swarm of locusts.

#don'tfalloff!