What are you doing this afternoon

Adge Cutler

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hour night shift followed by a 7 hour drive (by the girlfriend) up to Lossiemouth and Inverness visiting family...

Few visits to local whiskey distilleries and on the look out for some good local food..so if anyone has any recommendations let me know..

I can recommend "The Snow Goose "on A96 as you approach Inverness, really good food & service, travel safe.

We're having our bathroom renovated and today is the only day of the week when I'm not helping / hindering / labouring / getting in the way of our friend who is doing the work. I'd had a couple of enquiries for mole trapping jobs so I treated Little Wife to a trip out as a Moler's Moll. We took the old dog too as she doesn't get out much these days.

Had a lovely day out touring the countryside through three Departments in beautiful autumn sunshine. The jobs were no problem; one regular annual customer where only need to put three or four traps out. The lady of the house gave my wife a couple of kilos of figs for chutney. I did two calls on my regular monthly contract jobs just to check the traps and another quick job where I needed to change a trap site. Then we stopped off for a picnic at the side of a lake and on the way back decided on the spur of the moment to stop off along the River Charente and take the dog for a longer walk along the riverside path. She loves it down there. The path is full of rabbit and squirrel scent and it makes her feel young again.

Spent all day blowing and picking up leaves. Did the same last Sunday. This is our first autumn in this house and I think every tree around dumps the leaves in the front and back gardens.

Tell me about it! I I've dodged gardening for over fifty years and now its non-stop grass cutting, pruning, hedge cutting, digging, ripping out hedgerows.............

I've got a whole trailer load of small pine cones from one spruce tree to take to the dechetterie and the prunings from the others when I trim them in winter is normally five to six trailer loads plus half a day or so pushing twigs down the shredder. Little Wife can fill the trailer with green garden waste unsuitable for composting within ten minutes of me emptying it all through the summer. We put all the soft stuff in a compost clamp and all the leaves go in another one, but I still have two or three trips a month to the tip. It's relentless! :/

Any interesting avian visitors of late. ?

No not recently, night shift and i have not seen day light since i got here. But there was that funny looking dunnock...........

Seriously though if conditions are right, a low cloud base and plenty of drizzle, then there can be some good falls but they tended to be more on the UK side of the puddle.

13 hour night shift followed by a 7 hour drive (by the girlfriend) up to Lossiemouth and Inverness visiting family...

Few visits to local whiskey distilleries and on the look out for some good local food..so if anyone has any recommendations let me know..

Plenty of cracking places to eat! Give me a PM and I'll point you in good directions