Same sex marriage

kyska

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask chubby brown to write a speech for you. It will be something to remember.

Go with your gut you know the people we don't so we would Air on the side of caution but if I was close to the couple why say nothing about like it's something taboo and dirty not to be spoken about in polite company.

Unless you are something of a natural comedian then I recommend you avoid jokes. How many of us have attended weddings where the best man's attempt at stand up has been nothing more than a cringingly embarrassing waste of space.

Just refer-to them as the happy couple irrespective of their gender,its a wedding between two people.Anyone attending that wedding will not need convincing or converting to the fact that its a same sex marriage.Those ignorant of it will/should not be there anyways.

Edited by Davyo

I have several Gay friends who I get on with them and there partners really well but when I watch TV it annoys me so much that they have gone from not having that many gay people to they are everywhere it makes me think that we are being brain washed in to excepting half the population is gay.

if you watch any of the music programs on TV it seems that most of the male singers are just so camp even if they are not gay they seem to think that they have to act and cry like little girls to get on ok I am old but I do not like to see men acting like that its ok in films or on the stage but not in real life .

Edited by four-wheel-drive

years ago, I worked in a place and one of the warehouseman had spent his life in the merchant navy, he said that on many occasions, a very small percentage of married men would 'turn' on the voyage, and end up having relations with each other, he felt that they did it because a lady wasn't available.

When they returned home, they were back with their wives, point being, I firmly believe being gay is a choice, but a view like mine is the last thing the gay movement wants to hear.

regarding the speech, you are at a legal ceremony, gay people get married, I don't understand it, but its a fact, so there is no point in even mentioning it. :good:

years ago, I worked in a place and one of the warehouseman had spent his life in the merchant navy, he said that on many occasions, a very small percentage of married men would 'turn' on the voyage, and end up having relations with each other, he felt that they did it because a lady wasn't available.

When they returned home, they were back with their wives, point being, I firmly believe being gay is a choice, but a view like mine is the last thing the gay movement wants to hear.

regarding the speech, you are at a legal ceremony, gay people get married, I don't understand it, but its a fact, so there is no point in even mentioning it. :good:

its called been desperate, been gay is not a choice, no more than some people prefer blonds some red heads some like the legs of a woman some like boobs,

The only advice I have is keep it short, if a speech is longer than 3 minutes you better be professional speaker quality, I went to a wedding where the father of bride's speech went on for 40 painful minutes and was more like a biography than a send off

wasn't in one of the halls at Manchester uni by any chance was it?

Back in Drake's time, everyone had a "ship wife". Sometimes but not always a sexual relationship. Just a "partner" whilst away all those years.

As for your comment about being gay as a choice, i have to disagree.

My sister was married for 12 years, 3 kids but could not ignore her true feelings and left my BIL for another woman. It was only after this happened that my mum told me that it wasn't a surprise and that she was convinced it was only a matter of time. Remember, even only 20 years ago it was tough to "come out"

A good shooting pal told me his son was gay, i had no idea and he confirmed that in his belief you have no control over which way the person will turn out, or as he called it "which way the switch flicks"

That said, i don't believe in positive discrimination either, tall, short, any skin colour, religion or any gender or sexual persuasion, I don't care as long as you are a decent person and a good friend/colleague.

If you are in the forces and the guy on the front line is gay, are his bullets less effective? is he less loyal?

********* appear in all walks of life.

I disagree with the comment about homosexuality being a choice. In order for that to be the case, there could be no predisposition to being gay or straight - it would all just be a choice.

My reasoning being that I was born and remain predisposed to be heterosexual. For it to be a straight up choice you would have to be drawn to both homosexuality and heterosexuality and actively choosing to be one, the other or bisexual.

Back in Drake's time, everyone had a "ship wife". Sometimes but not always a sexual relationship. Just a "partner" whilst away all those years.

As for your comment about being gay as a choice, i have to disagree.

My sister was married for 12 years, 3 kids but could not ignore her true feelings and left my BIL for another woman. It was only after this happened that my mum told me that it wasn't a surprise and that she was convinced it was only a matter of time. Remember, even only 20 years ago it was tough to "come out"

A good shooting pal told me his son was gay, i had no idea and he confirmed that in his belief you have no control over which way the person will turn out, or as he called it "which way the switch flicks"

That said, i don't believe in positive discrimination either, tall, short, any skin colour, religion or any gender or sexual persuasion, I don't care as long as you are a decent person and a good friend/colleague.

If you are in the forces and the guy on the front line is gay, are his bullets less effective? is he less loyal?

Aholes appear in all walks of life.

you have your views, I have mine, I will never change them, as that would be succumbing to propaganda and social engineering.

I respect your view, and regarding positive discrimination, its a disgusting invention. Its offensive beyond belief, but most are so sheep like they cant or don't want to see it.

I also go through my life, bothering nobody, I expect the same back from society, but rarely get it.

Edited by wandringstar