I'm Not Sure She Read It . . .

Danger-Mouse

So, last night this video popped up in my Youtube suggestions.

So having never heard of Catherine Bearder I looked her up. As I did I found her email so as I was somewhat bored, and tbh had had a couple of beers I decided to send her an email.

I've just received a reply . . .

Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for your email and watching my speech to the European Parliament yesterday.

As I am a passionate pro-European, I am nothing short of devastated by the referendum result. However, the Lib Dems – as well as other pro-Europeans - can take courage from the fact that millions of people up and down the country share our view that Britain is stronger when it is in Europe, open, tolerant and optimistic.

As you may know, we Lib Dems believe that once the negotiated deal is on the table - the very final say must be given back to the people. For as long as I remain an MEP, I will continue to make this case and stand up for the 48% of voters who wished to remain European.

Yours sincerely,

Catherine Bearder

All well and good until you read the email I sent . . .

Hi Catherine,

I just saw your speech at the EU Parliament and I wanted to congratulate you for saying what you did.

Because it makes me truly believe that voting out was absolutely 100% the correct decision. Your speech clearly demonstrated that the EU have become an elite who have no interest whatsoever in listening to the voices of the people they allegedly represent. You talk about the lies told by the Vote Leave side, but strangely make no reference to the campaign of lies and fear conducted by the Remain campaign.

You are obviously tirelessly campaigning to overturn the democratic decision made by the population of the UK. Congratulations! Because wanting to ignore referenda results is about as EUropean as you can get (and no, EUropean is not a mis-type).

I have a suggestion for you and your party leader Mr Tim Farron. Why don't you change your party name to "The Liberal Elite Party"? Because the word "democrats" has no place whatsoever in the name of a party that refuses to accept the result of a democratic vote.

I, and many others, are sick of people like you telling us we were mislead, that we didn't know what we were voting for, because we did know! We were not mislead, and we're not stupid. We accept that in the near future things might be a little rough but we have faith in our country and we feel that in the long run we have set Britain on a course where it can be Great again. Where we will have the opportunity to rule ourselves as a sovereign nation without the interference of the anti democratic EU Commission. Where we can take our place once again on the world stage as a great, truly democratic, trading nation.

Thanks for reading . . .

Yours (very) sincerely

So either it's a standard reply or she never read past the first line.

This article popped up in my research . . . it says a lot about her

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2643046/sole-lib-dem-mep-and-arch-remoaner-claimed-expenses-for-personal-legal-advice-after-nazi-jibe-at-colleague-and-for-charity-donation-she-agreed-in-compensation/

So having never heard of Catherine Bearder I looked her up. As I did I found her email so as I was somewhat bored, and tbh had had a couple of beers I decided to send her an email.

Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for your email and watching my speech to the European Parliament yesterday.

As I am a passionate pro-European, I am nothing short of devastated by the referendum result. However, the Lib Dems – as well as other pro-Europeans - can take courage from the fact that millions of people up and down the country share our view that Britain is stronger when it is in Europe, open, tolerant and optimistic.

As you may know, we Lib Dems believe that once the negotiated deal is on the table - the very final say must be given back to the people. For as long as I remain an MEP, I will continue to make this case and stand up for the 48% of voters who wished to remain European.

Yours sincerely,

Catherine Bearder

Hi Catherine,

I just saw your speech at the EU Parliament and I wanted to congratulate you for saying what you did.

Because it makes me truly believe that voting out was absolutely 100% the correct decision. Your speech clearly demonstrated that the EU have become an elite who have no interest whatsoever in listening to the voices of the people they allegedly represent. You talk about the lies told by the Vote Leave side, but strangely make no reference to the campaign of lies and fear conducted by the Remain campaign.

You are obviously tirelessly campaigning to overturn the democratic decision made by the population of the UK. Congratulations! Because wanting to ignore referenda results is about as EUropean as you can get (and no, EUropean is not a mis-type).

I have a suggestion for you and your party leader Mr Tim Farron. Why don't you change your party name to "The Liberal Elite Party"? Because the word "democrats" has no place whatsoever in the name of a party that refuses to accept the result of a democratic vote.

I, and many others, are sick of people like you telling us we were mislead, that we didn't know what we were voting for, because we did know! We were not mislead, and we're not stupid. We accept that in the near future things might be a little rough but we have faith in our country and we feel that in the long run we have set Britain on a course where it can be Great again. Where we will have the opportunity to rule ourselves as a sovereign nation without the interference of the anti democratic EU Commission. Where we can take our place once again on the world stage as a great, truly democratic, trading nation.

Thanks for reading . . .

Yours (very) sincerely

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2643046/sole-lib-dem-mep-and-arch-remoaner-claimed-expenses-for-personal-legal-advice-after-nazi-jibe-at-colleague-and-for-charity-donation-she-agreed-in-compensation/

She is passionate about collecting her wages and expenses.

TINY comment...

Never include ANY positive wording in any letters to politicians.

Learned this during the campaign to keep self loading rifles.

Such positively worded opening sentences will see ALL of the letter classed as being supportive of the party.

You're correct though, they'll NOT have read it...or read past the first line.

Maybe we should all follow suit & drop her a quick note suggestion early retirement and/or a tax-payer funded stay at a Dignitas establishment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMSB23vFSQw

Dear Mr xxxx,

As I am a passionate pro-European, I am nothing short of devastated by the referendum result. However, the Lib Dems as well as other pro-Europeans - can take courage from the fact that millions of people up and down the country share our view that Britain is stronger when it is in Europe, open, tolerant and optimistic.

Yours sincerely,

Catherine Bearder

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for reading . . .

Yours (very) sincerely

Wish we had a like button ..👍🏻

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMSB23vFSQw

Dear Mr xxxx,

As I am a passionate pro-European, I am nothing short of devastated by the referendum result. However, the Lib Dems as well as other pro-Europeans - can take courage from the fact that millions of people up and down the country share our view that Britain is stronger when it is in Europe, open, tolerant and optimistic.

Yours sincerely,

Catherine Bearder

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for reading . . .

Yours (very) sincerely

Wish we had a like button ..👍🏻 Edited by moose man

And another well done from me, nice to see someone put into action their beliefs, I think too many people these days think there's no point taking action to achieve something as they feel it won't make a difference, if there were more people like you, that wouldn't be the case, great stuff 👍

What keeps crossing my mind is,,,,if the remainers had won,,would there be an outcry from the outers to have ANOTHER Referendom,,Just a thought..

No doubt it would be just the same, 2% is an incredibly fine margin for such a decision, especially when those set to live with the eventual decision stood so firmly against leave.

I voted leave but am uncomfortable with such a profound call being made on so tight a margin.

No doubt it would be just the same, 2% is an incredibly fine margin for such a decision, especially when those set to live with the eventual decision stood so firmly against leave.

I voted leave but am uncomfortable with such a profound call being made on so tight a margin.

I don't buy it, the amount of feet stamping within the establishment against a democratic decision, close margin or not would not have happened had remain won, if the electorate had voted the 'right' way, anyone saying we should still leave would have been shut down and told we had a vote and that was the end of it, referendums not neverendums remember!

Also imo the only reason it was so tight was due to the huge number of lies about the doom that would instantly engulf the uk if we voted out, if the vote was held again tomorrow I believe millions more would vote leave as they would no longer be in fear of life as we knew it ending.

Must say DM that is an impressive email after a few beers, are you sure they weren't shandy bass? Bang on the money though

Lidl Festbier, 5.5% ABV . . . I'm not a southerner you know. :D

Inspired. Just pinged off an email myself (though nowhere near as good). It makes my blood boil to see these people try to talk down democracy, and sit around cheering each other on.

Nice one treetree. Let's see if you receive an indentical reply.. Keep us updated please.

Also imo the only reason it was so tight was due to the huge number of lies about the doom that would instantly engulf the uk if we voted out, if the vote was held again tomorrow I believe millions more would vote leave as they would no longer be in fear of life as we knew it ending.

I agree, I think the margin would be much greater in favour of Brexit.