Sparrow hawk

WinchesterDave

• 2 weeks later...

My relationship with Sparrow Hawks is a strange one. I really do not like what they do,taking so many tweety birds but I do admire how they do it.

Yep, they are one of the most agile and striking birds of prey, the reason I class them worse than Magpies is they are relentless all year round.

A couple of years ago we had some blackbirds nesting in a confer at the bottom of the garden, a female sparrow hawk took the female blackbird off the lawn as she was eating some bread, the male blackbird stopped feeding the chicks which were about to leave the nest, about two days later three young blackbirds were on the lawn calling for food, there was not much I could do as the female sparrow hawk came back and took all three within two days.

I've lost count of the number of birds killed in our garden and I make no apologies for disliking this bird intensely, I know some will say its just nature but if that's the case then why kill Magpies?

Sorry for going on a bit and high jacking the thread... :blush:

fantastic clear photo what camera and lense did you use not a lover of the bird as every bird that nest in our garden gets killed by them but the clarity and quality of the photos are stunning

Thanks for veiwing :)

My camera is the Canon EOS 7D mark 2 and my lens is the Sigma 150-600mm OS HSM Contemporary :good:

Dave