I just don't get some people

Archie-fox

Morning all,

So I've just returned from walking my fox terrier around a local beauty spot, as we turned a corner I saw 4 dogs tearing about ( 2 Dobermans and 2 collies) now my fox terrier is a bit grumpy and can growl and bark at other dogs so he is kept on a lead at all times, as we got close one of the collies ran at Archie barking and trying to bite him, I kicked the collie away and said to the owner she should have that dog on a lead if it acts like that towards other dogs.. her comment to me was " he's only done that because your dogs on a lead and if it could defend itself it wouldn't have gone for it".... I was just gobsmacked, what sort of commment is that?? I just shook my head in amazement and carried on our walk. Never in my life have I heard anything as pathetic in my life as blaming me for having my dog on a tight lead..I'm still shocked at her reply!!! Some people!!!

You may not agree or like what i am about to say but my three Chessies and my partners two flatcoats have been attacked by jack russels, borders and staffies to the point of having their faces torn and if i had my way ALL terriers should be muzzled in public.

Think you've missed the point red dot his dog is/was on the lead, I have had dogs growl at mine before because there on the lead and I'm walking past but if your dog is on the lead and there's tries having a go it can't be your fault. You know your right if you boot it and don't get grief.

Think you've missed the point red dot his dog is/was on the lead, I have had dogs growl at mine before because there on the lead and I'm walking past but if your dog is on the lead and there's tries having a go it can't be your fault. You know your right if you boot it and don't get grief.

That's exact it, mine was on a tight lead and collie just steamed in... it was a really savage collie really aggressive..but to be told if mine could fight back the collie wouldn't have attacked is just crazy!!!

Pathetic response and no excuse.......... she couldn't control the dogs, so they should at least have been on a lead.....report it to the police! Get an incident number........this woman's dogs may attack another dog in the control of an old person or a child, with a more tragic outcome!

I wonder what she would have said if you then let Archie off the lead so they could fight out! Stupid woman!

I know, my dog is 10 and I'm the first to admit he's grumpy and growls a lot but he's not a fighter, he's dead soft but like any dog if he's in the rite mind he can be nasty like any terrier can be...but to be chastised for having my dog on a lead is a first for me..it's time to take a walking stick out now as suggested..

Archie. I have a fox terrier and had the same thing with 2 collies a few years ago.

He was on a lead and i was backed against a stream.

Idiot woman wouldnt control the collies and said it was my fault...so i hoofed one into the stream.

I always shout a warning to owners. Most are ok but some are just morons.

Morning all,

So I've just returned from walking my fox terrier around a local beauty spot, as we turned a corner I saw 4 dogs tearing about ( 2 Dobermans and 2 collies) now my fox terrier is a bit grumpy and can growl and bark at other dogs so he is kept on a lead at all times, as we got close one of the collies ran at Archie barking and trying to bite him, I kicked the collie away and said to the owner she should have that dog on a lead if it acts like that towards other dogs.. her comment to me was " he's only done that because your dogs on a lead and if it could defend itself it wouldn't have gone for it".... I was just gobsmacked, what sort of commment is that?? I just shook my head in amazement and carried on our walk. Never in my life have I heard anything as pathetic in my life as blaming me for having my dog on a tight lead..I'm still shocked at her reply!!! Some people!!!

To my way of thinking if your pore dog has to be on a lead at all times and is not allowed to run free then you may as well have it put down that is no life for man or beast I have found over my 70 odd years of having mostly small dogs that most if not all will go for other dogs when they are on a lead let them run free and as long as the other dogs are not to aggressive they will come to no harm.

Having said that people who for whatever reason feel the need to have a big dog need to keep them under control as they can and do great harm to small dogs my little JR was walking along beside me off his lead and for no reason at all was attacked last year by a big greyhound type dog leaving him with with a 6" long gash on his neck it took him months to recover.

It cost the other dogs owner well over £350 she now lets her dog off its lead but puts a muzzle on it so that it cannot bit another dog I am happy she is happy and the dog is getting the run that it should have to keep it fit.

He is off his lead in certain areas but I keep him on a lead when I know we will encounter other dogs, my dad has a 4 acre field next to the house that is private and secure so Archie is always running free in that field...he's just on a lead when we go out.

And as for putting him down because I walk him in public with a lead on?? What's that about?

Edited by Archie-fox

To my way of thinking if your pore dog has to be on a lead at all times and is not allowed to run free then you may as well have it put down that is no life for man or beast.

I think spending a day inside your head would be the most terrifying thing I could imagine 😂

To my way of thinking if your pore dog has to be on a lead at all times and is not allowed to run free then you may as well have it put down that is no life for man or beast I have found over my 70 odd years of having mostly small dogs that most if not all will go for other dogs when they are on a lead let them run free and as long as the other dogs are not to aggressive they will come to no harm.

Having said that people who for whatever reason feel the need to have a big dog need to keep them under control as they can and do great harm to small dogs my little JR was walking along beside me off his lead and for no reason at all was attacked last year by a big greyhound type dog leaving him with with a 6" long gash on his neck it took him months to recover.

It cost the other dogs owner well over £350 she now lets her dog off its lead but puts a muzzle on it so that it cannot bit another dog I am happy she is happy and the dog is getting the run that it should have to keep it fit.

Have you been sniffing solvents ??????

Ive heard some utter ******** on this forum but that has to be the best. Put a dog down because it can't run free????. Whatever next.

It does my head in! Apart from being illegal now (your dog must be under control at all times and if you can't recall it/control it well by voice it should be on a lead), its just shear ignorance. I've lost count of the numpties on my walk that just let their dog bound over full speed into my dogs face and jump all over her and then give ME a dirty look when she snaps back at them!! I try to give them as wide a birth as possible and you can normally tell they're idiots from a mile away, off-lead, no collar usually and my personal favourite, them not even having lead on their person let alone using one!? <_< Guaranteed the dog won't be chipped and they won't pick up after it either :rolleyes:

Why not just muzzle all dogs when out in public ( other than when they're working) and then it wouldn't be a problem? No fighting as you've just experienced; no kiddies with ripped off faces or worse. It's so ridiculously simple.

I really like this post, its been my view for a long time, also make the owners put a nappy on them.

You may not agree or like what i am about to say but my three Chessies and my partners two flatcoats have been attacked by jack russels, borders and staffies to the point of having their faces torn and if i had my way ALL terriers should be muzzled in public.

Very unfair on terriers, I've two English bull terriers, both pets as therapy dogs and never shown any aggression. They have been bitten by other dogs breeds including black labrador, dalmatian, collie and setter.