Explosion in Manchester

WinchesterDave

There's lots of questions and lots of answers being shouted about at the moment - I'm not going to say anything about those because everyone has their own opinion as to who, what, why and how and that's up to them and their conscience.

I will just say one thing however: I am confused.

I am confused as to why these people think they can "win".

Britain and it's people have stood firm for nearly a thousand years, proud and undefeated. What on earth makes them think they, with their two-bit crackpot medieval religion and their "martyrs" - too cowardly to look a British soldier in the face - and their bombs and their guns are going to be the ones to change that!?

Rule Britannia!

The ravens will sleep soundly tonight.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The security should and must start at source. I see in todays paper that the tarts who went out to Syria and married these creatures now want to come back to the UK with the kids they have had. They should be prevented from doing so, but the European Courts will tell us we cannot stop them. Radicalised youths have been returning here for years and because we handed power to the numpties in Brussels we could not stop them. I guarantee that this bomber was known. They seem to have found two houses he was connected with very quickly. Slam the door shut now. We are at war.

Operation Temperer apparently in effect! Troops being deployed to the streets, essentially martial law I think? Although facts are few at the moment!

No that is not what this is all about. Limited use of the military in a support role to assist the police. It is not martial law. The terrorists will not prevail because this attack is an admission that they are unable to face us on equal terms. Militarily or on any level. just messers and wasters. That's all they are. Misguided rubbish.

Do you mean someone was NOT doing their job properly?

With the best will in the world there is no amount of security, checks and intelligence that can guard against terrorist attacks when sleeper cells are in every country in Europe, probably across the world. This bomber appears to be another "homegrown" terrorist, part of a community that is already well established here, accepted as part of our community yet turning against the country that gave his family refuge and a home against terrorism in the first place.

Personally I see this as similar to the crusades but in reverse. Eventually the Western/civilised world has to fight back in a similar fashion but using technology, better arms and far more destructive methods or accept that the twisted followers of Islam will carry on and eventually bring sharia law, fear and barbarism to every part of our lives, or that of our children. I abhorr violence of any kind but surely it's reaching the point where the only way to fight back is to hit them before they hit you.

Sadly, innocents will always be collateral victims, that is the way of any war, but it doesn't need to be one sided.

So, a 22 year old man of immigrant parents saved from terrorism in their own country slaughters 22 and wounds another 59 in the country that gave them sanctuary and safety. What more proof do we need of a twisted, sick idealogy that needs removing or at least pushing back to the barren, backward, stoneage countries of the East.

I notice on the news there was great support from the Sikh community, I witnessed the same a few years ago during the floods in Somerset, Sikhs came to help and offer support. From the Muslim community? Nothing.

Its about time our leaders REALLY woke up and do something to protect our people and our way of life, the alternative is an eventual backlash that will come from the grass roots and be ugly in the extreme.

Of course, an attack on the streets like Brussels, Munich wetsminister etc or on public transport is extremely unlikely/impossible to stop unless thwarted at the planning stage by counter terrorism. In a venue with entrances and exits then surely if security is hot, it should be very hard to get a rucksack or whatever it was with schrapnel in it through it.

speaking as someone from Manchester and who sadly knows some poor people caught up in this cowardly act aimed at children,I am of the opinion we,as a country should not light candles and hope our politicians through diplomacy come to some arrangement with these bxxxxxds,If one of my children were involved.i would want revenge/justice.Does the school bully not think twice about carrying out the same actions if given a beating,Come on Mrs May send some planes in and show them we wont stand for it.

send some planes in where?

the problem is within, its always been within, people may delude themselves, but its all here, manifesting daily, but you wont beat it by flying thousands of miles to Syria, or did you not know that?

The security should and must start at source. I see in todays paper that the tarts who went out to Syria and married these creatures now want to come back to the UK with the kids they have had. They should be prevented from doing so, but the European Courts will tell us we cannot stop them. Radicalised youths have been returning here for years and because we handed power to the numpties in Brussels we could not stop them. I guarantee that this bomber was known. They seem to have found two houses he was connected with very quickly. Slam the door shut now. We are at war.

It's too late to slam the door, thousands of potential terrorists are already here thanks to weak politicians, the EU policies (Thanks Angela Merkel!) and complete apathy from our own leaders.

Common sense told ordinary people of potential problems years ago, divided communities are nothing new, religious and cultural enclaves breeding violence have been common elsewhere but now we have it in Britain,

Enoch Powell was right all those years ago, sadly no one listened.

Well If the parents entered the building the yes they should of been! Cannot afford to be relaxed. If it doesn't work like you say then even if it's as stitched up as possible then at least make it hard for them and could possibly put the off.

What do you mean by wiped out and removed?

Of course, an attack on the streets like Brussels, Munich wetsminister etc or on public transport is extremely unlikely/impossible to stop unless thwarted at the planning stage by counter terrorism. In a venue with entrances and exits then surely if security is hot, it should be very hard to get a rucksack or whatever it was with schrapnel in it through it.

The attack was outside the venue. How can you protect against that?

Manchester-Location.png

And there lies the problem, gutless leaders who are incapable of doing something effective for the public good.

In fairness, if any leader is likely to do something a little more bold, it's be May. Edited by BrowningB525

Well If the parents entered the building the yes they should of been! Cannot afford to be relaxed. If it doesn't work like you say then even if it's as stitched up as possible then at least make it hard for them and could possibly put the off.

What do you mean by wiped out and removed?

The attack was outside the arena.

Come on Mrs May send some planes in and show them we wont stand for it.

And where would you send the planes to?

Some people just aren't listening. Security has no effect other than to move the bomber to another location.

No bomber is going to risk being stopped by security; he never encountered security; he didn't need to.

There is no defence against a suicide bomber or a car bomb, other than forewarning through intelligence.

And where would you send the planes to?

Some people just aren't listening. Security has no effect other than to move the bomber to another location.

No bomber is going to risk being stopped by security; he never encountered security; he didn't need to.

There is no defence against a suicide bomber or a car bomb, other than forewarning through intelligence.

To be honest I thought it was detonated within the foyer. The Mrs mislead me to think it was. As I said, it is impossible to defend against an attack on the streets etc unless thwarted at planning stage. Frightening.

I think the media really need to tone down their coverage of the terror incidents as it just fuels the terrorists. It's what they want. I mean showing blood stained clothes, people's frightened faces not long after I happens and the words they use to describe it is just playing into their hands. They need to be more respectful of the victims.

. The disease needs to be stopped at source, wiped out, removed. That won't happen until people wake up to the reality of Islam and extremism.

Someone what do you suggest we do to wipe out the disease. Perhaps the barbaric way the Serbs handled their Muslim problem may appeal to you.

I almost never watch Good Morning Britain but try and catch the interview with the English former extremist and Yasmin Brown. We are not willing to tackle the causes I said and one of those causes is the distinction between most of Islam (and most certainly Shia) and the more grotesque forms of it in the form of Wahabism. Why ? Because the West likes its arms sales more than our lives and it also likes the geopolitics of opposing peaceful countries such as Iran and Syria in preference of Saudi Arabia which is the root of the Isis ideology as well as some of its funding.

Trump sold you all down the river when he stood there and lied on international TV about SA and your media allowed it all to happen, did you know SA is head of Human Rights Council ? :| Did you know Trump's daughter praised them for their women's rights progress and received $100m donation to her US association ? How farcical is that, follow the money as always. Yemen has been destroyed by SA using Western supplied bombs but it isn't reported on on TV, examples of such injustice litter recent history, this is what fuels hatred and a few will be radicalised beyond help.

This from one of my FB feeds :

It's pretty damn ironic that the Manchester incident will now have people flocking to vote for a political party who shamelessly supports Saudi Arabia, one of the biggest sponsors of Wahhabi-Islamic terrorism including al Qaeda and ISIS.

Cause and affect. If you willingly keep ignoring the causes the affects follow like night follows day.

I see that the PM has said the terror threat level is at 'critical', hearing how many plots have been thwarted I would say its always been critical.

All this talk about how we will never be beaten, well we have been, the west is a shadow of what it once was, armed troops on the streets, billions spent on 'intelligence' its a disaster.

To be honest I thought it was detonated within the foyer. The Mrs mislead me to think it was. As I said, it is impossible to defend against an attack on the streets etc unless thwarted at planning stage. Frightening.

I think the media really need to tone down their coverage of the terror incidents as it just fuels the terrorists. It's what they want. I mean showing blood stained clothes, people's frightened faces not long after I happens and the words they use to describe it is just playing into their hands. They need to be more respectful of the victims.

Fair enough. Regarding the rest of your post i think you could be right; the trouble is is that the media are in the job of selling newspapers, thats what they do. Everything else is secondary to that. I do however, feel such images can go a long way into fuelling a reaction, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

They were saying on breakfast TV this morning there are 3000 people on the watch list and this man was one of them. Nearly all of them have come here as some sort of refugee, first or second generation

We ought to have something equivalent to the US Patriot Act, we could call it the "On the watch list Act " Anybody who's activity is enough to get them put on a watch list should get their right to remain in this country revoked automatically.

Prisoners get released from prison on licence, why not put immigrants to this country on the same footing.

Years ago a person I used to work with was deported from Canada for working without a permit. The immigration officials picked him up and he was on a plane out the same day. No messing about, their country their rules

Fair enough. Regarding the rest of your post i think you could be right; the trouble is is that the media are in the job of selling newspapers, thats what they do. Everything else is secondary to that. I do however, feel such images can go a long way into fuelling a reaction, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

Yes seeking papers and getting tv coverage is their game but it's a shame they couldn't tone it down just for this. It doesn't make me want to buy their paper or watch their channel if they have the most dramatic and horrific coverage.

Yeah I can see what you mean about creating a reaction but it's what the reaction would be is what I would like to see.

The Foyer if i remember correctly, has a shared access with Manchester Victoria train station and a McDononalds ( please correct me if i'm wrong) so has very easy public access.

Your right, so people coming and going from all directions

We ought to have something equivalent to the US Patriot Act, we could call it the "On the watch list Act " Anybody who's activity is enough to get them put on a watch list should get their right to remain in this country revoked automatically.

Not a bad thought and probably not even impossible to administer but it begs the obvious question, where to send a person born in the UK back to, also it still fails to address the root cause of terrorism. Terrorism begets terrorism, the more you bomb their countries and try and replace their leaders with ones you happen to like more :| the more some of the smoke will blow back.

I hate the fact that it's always reported that MI5 knew the perpetrator. I.e today's news stating they knew him as he'd been in a Libyan Terrorist training place... WHY LET

HIM BACK IN IF YOU KNEW THAT!

Also, if says his dad's a airport worker but they just fled back to Libya... Wonder how much info he's passing on to his mates out there about our airports?!

Not a bad thought and probably not even impossible to administer but it begs the obvious question, where to send a person born in the UK back to, also it still fails to address the root cause of terrorism. Terrorism begets terrorism, the more you bomb their countries and try and replace their leaders with ones you happen to like more :| the more some of the smoke will blow back.

I believe that's absolutely correct..to an extent.

The trouble for me is it assumes the only reason for terrorist attacks are due to the "intervention"

Their stated aim is to rule the world under their particular ideological interpretation of Islam.

The attacks will not stop until Sharia holds sway in the west...period.