Green Party

oxfordfowler

As requested by the BASC I e mailed all of the local candidates - this is the reply from the Greens.

I think it fair to say that the Greens will never get a vote from myself, family of friends.

Dear Mr C

I am responding to your enquiry as a member of the team supporting
Claire Lasko, the Green Party candidate in Witney.

The answer to both of your questions is 'no'. The Green Party is
fundamentally opposed to all blood sports. We oppose the killing of, or
infliction of pain or suffering upon, animals in the name of sport or
leisure, and will work to end all such practices.

Yours sincerely

Celia Kerslake (Charlbury)

My nephew will have his first voting experience in this upcoming General Election.

"Going to vote Lib Dem"

"Why"

"Free tuition fees and legalised cannabis. What's not to like"?

I failed to find the correct answer....

PS. Do you think Ms Kerslake wears leather shoes?

Edited by Eyefor

well.........unlike some of the parties...you got a nice clear cut answer back....which is quite refreshing..

I agree, a straight answer which is far better than the lies and prevarications you get from most of the political elite. I wonder if they have qualifications in professional lying?

My nephew will have his first voting experience in this upcoming General Election.

"Going to vote Lib Dem"

"Why"

I think you really need to have a word with the youngster and get him to WAKE UP!

"Going to vote Lib Dem"

"Why"

Cuts to education and free study, we wont have colleges or uni's soon..

Magic money to fund it I guess...

But then he will be so relaxed on the legal drugs he wont care :good:

Yep, definitely, tell him to vote conservative so he can't afford tuition instead

You don't pay for tuition at the time. But you do pay an additional 9% tax on earnings over 21k either until the loan is paid or written off after 30 years.

Scrapping tuition fees gives money to high earners (who'd pay their loan back in full).

To my way of thinking all education should be free it was when I was young I am afraid I just do not get it when people finish with a degree for the most part they go on to get a good well paid job and thus pay more income tax so we get the money back.

As for the greens letter it was what it says on the box if you want to to be free to kill stuff for fun you just vote conservative all that they care about is getting as much money as they can yet again what it says on the box.

As for the greens letter it was what it says on the box if you want to to be free to kill stuff for fun you just vote conservative all that they care about is getting as much money as they can yet again what it says on the box.

and if you want a total ban on guns and the government to take all your money - vote leibour

Edited by Yellow Bear

what response was you expecting from the green party then?

I think a lot of people who shoot are against other blood sports, like bull fighting.

and if you want a total ban on guns and the government to take all your money - vote leibour

but the labour party were in power for 13 years and dident touch guns, john major, a tory, banned handguns.

To my way of thinking all education should be free it was when I was young I am afraid I just do not get it when people finish with a degree for the most part they go on to get a good well paid job and thus pay more income tax so we get the money back.

That worked when 5% went to uni and most of them got well paying jobs.

When 50% go to uni but only 5% get well paying jobs it falls apart.

I think a lot of people who shoot are against other blood sports, like bull fighting.

but the labour party were in power for 13 years and dident touch guns, john major, a tory, banned handguns.

but they did ban hunting with dogs and shooting in any form (all toffs) was next in line if you check on the activists agenda. Knowing your dislike of dogs it does not surprise me that making it technically illegal for a dog to chase a rabbit if someone had an axe to grind would not impact on you.

Someone has to pay for it, there is no such thing as free!

A person/family in debt, is compliant....most of the political parties when in power will rack up debt on our behalf!...........it enables them to control us! if the country is in debt, you are in debt........ they will rob you of everything you hold dear including your wealth, freedoms and rights, in order to keep you in line and exert that control!

They will all rob you...but anyone who plans to take away my right to do as I please within the law, like shooting! Will never get my vote!

It's like a Turkey voting for Christmas!

To be fair I sent the same e mail to all of the local candidates and so far only the Greens have bothered to reply. I have replied to the e mail and thanked them for the prompt reply and pointed out that I will not be voting for them.

And yes I got exactly the reply I expected "Greens" bit of a clue in the name there I guess.

And now the PW massive have turned a tongue in cheek post into a full ranging political debate/comment fest - which was as predicable as the reply from the Greens.

Can't wait to hear back from the other candidates. Watch this space.

One reply from the Tory candidate

Thank you for your e-mail.
Thank you for forwarding on the link to the report which I found very interesting and useful. I was particularly struck by the economic activity generated by shooting and the numbers of jobs that are either directly or indirectly supported by the industry.
I am a supporter of shooting and if elected Member of Parliament for North East Derbyshire on 8th June I would support the field sports industry and the right to shoot.
I hope that is helpful. On 8th June, your vote will really count in our area; North East Derbyshire is one of the most marginal constituencies in the country with only a few thousand votes separating Labour and Conservative. I would be very grateful for your support if you decide to vote in May.

That isn't true, it was Tony Blair that banned handguns.