Recommendation WEEDKILLER

Davyo

What are you trying to get rid of. Salt will kill weeds coming up between slabs or blocks.

Thought about trying to get some road salt and brush it over the blocks.Will give this stuff of eBay a go when it comes.Ive cleaned the blocks with one if those weeding tools but it just knocks the tops off they will come back in a couple if weeks.Would be happy if I can get some stuff to just pay 2 or 3 times a year.

Yes it will, the active in gallop is glyphosate, which kills everything. It will kill them forever, but future plantings will not be affected as it is not persistent once it comes into contact with the soil. You will be lucky to kill mares tail, it has survived since dinosaurs were wandering about!

Sorry ti hijack,If applying gallop on a veg patch with horsetail will it kill all veg too?and if so for how long? My patch is getting overgrown by it and pulling it out at the roots is not an option once all my veggies are growing.

As mares tail has a waxy surface the liquid weedkiller will slide off. The trick is to use another agent such as wallpaper paste or cornflour to fix the weedkiller on the fronds. So mix the weedkiller with that to make a stiffish paste. Wear gloves when applying. Then place a board behind each frond and apply the mixture with a 1 inch paintbrush. Labour intensive I know if you have a lot but that way you are ensured of coverage without overspray and the guaranteed fixing of the solution to the weed. This is particularly necessary if in a vegetable plot. It may reappear as it is a tough weed from the dawn of time but eventually you will crack it.

I'd agree with the above for ur vege plot, or atleast applying with a paint brush (never heard of mixing it in a paste before). If u drip any on ur vege's leaves it will kill it

Some farms used to have weed wipe's for killling rashes, thistles, ntles above grassland but not killing the grass, u just drove over them and anyhthing tall would get 'wiped' with the weed killer (was like a big long 10ft sponge which didn't drip)