Is this true?

Scully

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it, getting them out again could be a problem.

Hence why nobody wants to hand over their properties to them.

As sad as it is, if you had a million pound property, would you house a load of social housing tenants for free?

You'd have to be stupid.

Still the hippies on FB are crying that Corbyn should 'acquire' nearby empty properties.

On twitter when asked why this hasn't happened one MP (apologise I can't find it again now) replied " because that would be illegal in both British and International Law".

Hence why nobody wants to hand over their properties to them.

As sad as it is, if you had a million pound property, would you house a load of social housing tenants for free?

You'd have to be stupid.

Still the hippies on FB are crying that Corbyn should 'acquire' nearby empty properties.

On twitter when asked why this hasn't happened one MP (apologise I can't find it again now) replied " because that would be illegal in both British and International Law".

A shed is a million pound property in that area

Are those displaced by the fire sleeping in shop doorways? No they are not. They will be rehoused, of course they will.

Corbyn is just stirring up trouble, as usual.

He hasn't mentioned that so many false claimants are coming forward in the hope of getting hand outs its hampering things

Edited by Vince Green

I dont agree that people's homes should be seized or anything else for that matter but the properties referred to are not homes and never have been. Rich Chinese and Russians are presented with these properties off plan and wined and dined at seminars and encouraged to put their money in on the guarantee that it will go up in value, most of them have no interest in living there, have probably never set foot in the UK or ever paid any tax here and never will, we aren't talking about a handful of old terraces here but billions of pounds worth of new high money apartments sitting empty purely as investments. So aside from "not allowing comrade corbyn to snatch properties" from people who have never even been here or paid a penny Into our system what would the pw massive suggest is done about housing all the victims of this disaster who have lost everything and are out on the street? It's so easy to sit in judgement and dismiss other people's ideas but not so easy to come up with a different option. Try for a moment to imagine yourself in their shoes how would you feel?

So aside from "not allowing comrade corbyn to snatch properties" from people who have never even been here or paid a penny Into our system what would the pw massive suggest is done about housing all the victims of this disaster who have lost everything and are out on the street?

Is that not for the government and local council to sort out. What about spending some of the money they spend on foreign aid on people that need it at home.

I dont agree that people's homes should be seized or anything else for that matter but the properties referred to are not homes and never have been. Rich Chinese and Russians are presented with these properties off plan and wined and dined at seminars and encouraged to put their money in on the guarantee that it will go up in value, most of them have no interest in living there, have probably never set foot in the UK or ever paid any tax here and never will, we aren't talking about a handful of old terraces here but billions of pounds worth of new high money apartments sitting empty purely as investments. So aside from "not allowing comrade corbyn to snatch properties" from people who have never even been here or paid a penny Into our system what would the pw massive suggest is done about housing all the victims of this disaster who have lost everything and are out on the street? It's so easy to sit in judgement and dismiss other people's ideas but not so easy to come up with a different option. Try for a moment to imagine yourself in their shoes how would you feel?

None of these people will be sleeping on the street, the council, sorry I mean taxpayer, will be looking after them very well.

Whilst I have every sympathy for them, they will all end up rehoused and compensated.

If my home burnt down I wouldn't be getting the help they will.

This is the difference between capitalism and communism, would you rather live in the U.K. Or in Communist China or the old East Germany?

As regards housing shortages...........what do PW feel are the contributory factors? How many foreign migrants both legal and illegal are living in the U.K.?........They all need houses........if they are given housing.........someone else ain't gonna get one!.......is this not one reason why this country voted for Brexit?......the only way to ensure availability of housing is by controlling demand!

None of these people will be sleeping on the street, the council, sorry I mean taxpayer, will be looking after them very well.

Whilst I have every sympathy for them, they will all end up rehoused and compensated.

If my home burnt down I wouldn't be getting the help they will.

This is the whole point! Individual deaths attract no attention. Numerous houses burn down every year. People murdered by intruders in their homes are a 15 minute story. Thousands die on the roads every year. An individual, or even group, of fishermen/women drown. Nothing... No fund-raising event, no public outcry. But a terrorist attack, a ferry capsizing, a plane crashing, and it's the number of people affected in one incident that sparks the reaction. The effect on the individual's families is just as great, but they have to manage on their own. I'm not wanting to come over as heartless, the fire is an absolute tragedy; but if it had been that many individual homes burned down over the course of a year, we would not have heard about it.

Mike

I'd be heartbroken but I'd get off my backside and graft to get myself back on my feet. Exactly what I've done so far. I wouldnt expect the government to pay me benefits,house me and feed me. Why do so many people think this country owes them a living?

what gets my goat is the all out war on putting May into a bad light by ALL THE MEDIA OUTLETS..........it is just so openly biased now.........as i said before it is the media who will choose the govt and direction of this country................

the next thing to happen will be "they" will be castigating her because she hasnt visited a motorway pile-up..and done huggy huggy.......all this total and utter carp ..that is being spouted off by the grenfell unfortunates...is really starting to harden me and my attitude to them....and it is the media and the grenfell that is doing it to me..

what gets my goat is the all out war on putting May into a bad light by ALL THE MEDIA OUTLETS..........it is just so openly biased now.........as i said before it is the media who will choose the govt and direction of this country................

the next thing to happen will be "they" will be castigating her because she hasnt visited a motorway pile-up..and done huggy huggy.......all this total and utter carp ..that is being spouted off by the grenfell unfortunates...is really starting to harden me and my attitude to them....and it is the media and the grenfell that is doing it to me..

Too true. There was a whole hour on LBC this evening berating MAY and virtually demanding she take the blame. Anything she did or didn't do was wrong and any sense spoken against this view was hastily cut short.

The media luvies don't live in the real world and are far from average person in small towns outside of London.

And using this Tragic accident as a backdrop to push their political bitterness to the election result is quite sickening.

The thing that gets my goat is this ,the taxi driver whose fridge caught fire ,WHY didnt he ring the fire brigade soon as and get an extinguisher from the landing and put it out .He had time to fill bags with his stuff and knock the neighbours up who agreed yes your fridge is on fire and also legged it without any attempt to put it OUT .If he had this little brainwave the rest would not have happened .

The thing that gets my goat is this ,the taxi driver whose fridge caught fire ,WHY didnt he ring the fire brigade soon as and get an extinguisher from the landing and put it out .He had time to fill bags with his stuff and knock the neighbours up who agreed yes your fridge is on fire and also legged it without any attempt to put it OUT .If he had this little brainwave the rest would not have happened .

The thing is its likely he may have not been legally staying in the flat, he wasn't a taxi driver he was an Uber driver and there is a world of difference. A lot of them are illegals, He has fled so probably fear of police / immigration is the reason why he didn't phone 999

Edited by Vince Green

Is than not just hearsay.

This is the difference between capitalism and communism, would you rather live in the U.K. Or in Communist China or the old East Germany?

As regards housing shortages...........what do PW feel are the contributory factors? How many foreign migrants both legal and illegal are living in the U.K.?........They all need houses........if they are given housing.........someone else ain't gonna get one!.......is this not one reason why this country voted for Brexit?......the only way to ensure availability of housing is by controlling demand!

Nail. Head.

Too true. There was a whole hour on LBC this evening berating MAY and virtually demanding she take the blame. Anything she did or didn't do was wrong and any sense spoken against this view was hastily cut short.

The media luvies don't live in the real world and are far from average person in small towns outside of London.

And using this Tragic accident as a backdrop to push their political bitterness to the election result is quite sickening.

I was listening to Majeed Nawaz on LBC this afternoon and it was just a sustained rant against May and how she has to resign. Every caller was saying "yes Majeed I agree she has to go" so no cherry picking callers going on there, Oh no, perish the thought, not even an attempt at impartiality

The thing is Majeed Nawaz is a failed Lib Dem Candidate and a staunch remainer, so how can that be impartial? I felt like phoning in and saying the bodies are still lying in the building and you are talking like this? show some respect.

Would my call have gone to air? I doubt it. LBC used to be very balanced and impartial but they sacked Katie Hopkins (very controversial but not often wrong) and they tolerate James O Brian who is a shock jock and winds people up deliberately for the ratings

I loved Katie Hopkins show she was so "tell it how it is" that's why she had to go. I wish they had the round objects to keep her and risked the consequences. Katie Hopkins was worth ten James O' Blands

Edited by Vince Green

The media have the platform most ordinary people don't have the luxury of. And social meditis just the chance to show off or join the mass hysteria.

As with the European referendum, the election was the silent majority who spoke. Dare you mention anything against the popular (trendy social media view) you were berated. So most said nothing and just voted. But as this wasn't the perceived view There was shock and awe

From the social media circles.

It will only get worse during the brexit discussion, as people want instant news and demanding to know through the phone media pumped into them.

A 2 year negotiation will drive people mad.

It's just sad that tragedy drives this debate.

The thing that gets my goat is this ,the taxi driver whose fridge caught fire ,WHY didnt he ring the fire brigade soon as and get an extinguisher from the landing and put it out .He had time to fill bags with his stuff and knock the neighbours up who agreed yes your fridge is on fire and also legged it without any attempt to put it OUT .If he had this little brainwave the rest would not have happened

I'm assuming as a member of our modern society he felt it was the government's responsibility to put the fire out in his kitchen and acted accordingly.

It is highly likely that there were no communal fire extinguishers (usually discharged for a laugh or heaved from the top floor for the same reason).

The whole tragedy is clearly TM's fault and would have been avoided if we had only seen sense and voted for JC and Remain

The thing that gets my goat is this ,the taxi driver whose fridge caught fire ,WHY didnt he ring the fire brigade soon as and get an extinguisher from the landing and put it out .He had time to fill bags with his stuff and knock the neighbours up who agreed yes your fridge is on fire and also legged it without any attempt to put it OUT .If he had this little brainwave the rest would not have happened

I'm assuming as a member of our modern society he felt it was the government's responsibility to put the fire out in his kitchen and acted accordingly.

Again, what evidence is there that's what happened and its not just hearsay. ?