grabbers vs bfg

tweedledee

Ive had the grabber at2 which i rated highly, the later grabber AT which seemed to pick up stones like nothing else, and ive just bought some of the new at3's which seem good on road and pick up much less stones.

Without a doubt the BFGoodrich have the tougher sidewalls and legendary wear rates, and if you plan to keep your vehicle for quite a few years are the way to go.

My vehicle only does 6,000 per year and ill probably change it before i would get the wear out fo the BF Goodrich to warrant buying them. There was £200 difference in the set of generals and a set of bfg's for my truck.

I had BFG on my old Jeep... awesome rubber.. couldn't afford a full set for my touareg so went for the Grabber AT... worst tyres I have ever had on a vehicle.. the road noise is so bad I had an advisory back when it was serviced to say I had a wheel bearing going down... no... it's the tyres... tyre fitter struggled to balance them in the first place but since then they have been back in for balancing almost once a month!!!!!

Avoid, they are shocking!!!

Goodrich every time

I've tried most

Regular 45k out of a set end still a bit of tread on them

Speed rated for motorway use unlike some

The noise is better on the newer make

Knocked out a set of kumo mt in less than 10 k

you can still get stuck though

Had them on Mazda ranger and l200

Chose wisely

All the best

Of

Try Michell dever tyres !

Had all the above before on Defenders and Freelanders.

Just be aware that the ride on BFG can be firmer, Grabber AT were good but i found that for mainly road, track and some muddy stuff the Cooper AT3's were the best option, I'm am also a fan of the Michelin Lattitude Cross I have on one of my Freelanders, good for motorway and muddy fields.

As an old 'keeper told me...."yae dinnae go tae the hill wi' yer slippers laddie".

I have grabbers and I don't go 'tar the hill' as I live in Nottinghamshire.

However, my grabber glad ranger pulls tons of sheep and trailers in all weathers, no problems.

BFG are better in every way. Longer lasting and better road grip. Grabbers are famously thin on the sidewall.

The BFG ATs that I had on my old Jeep after about eight years the sides was covered with cracks as the rubber is so hard they are probably safe but I have to admit that it put me off them. This is only a problem if you do not do lots of miles each year.

I had a set of AT Grabbers put on my jeep when I got it last year it had Michalin road tyres on it when I got it good tyres for driving on the road but what is the point in having a 4x4 and putting road tyres on it.

I have to admit that I have not been off road much since I got the grabbers but when I have gone off road they seem to be good in the mud on wet fields perhaps I should add with stupid 17" rims getting decent AT tyres was not simple what was up with the old 16" ones plenty of choice there.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Had Grabbers, OK but 30k tops :unhappy: Last set of BFG AT's were changed @ 70k & I use them hard on & off road :good: Don't think the latest BFG AT's will achieve that as different compound but time will tell :ninja: I WILL replace with BFG AT's ps. They are quiter than Duelers that are standard fitment :sad1:

grabber at3 good tyre but too thin on side walls and blow out due to side wall nips on rocks kerbs are common place with them what an all terrain tyre doesnt need but are made to suite the poncy 4x4 with low profile tyres very small side walls look at the yokohama at -s range had them on my patrol and mt range on my hilux very impressed with them

If are looking for something a bit cheaper i fitted Falken Wildpeaks to my Kia Sorento and they were great tyres for the money both on and off road. I didnt do serious off roading with my kia but would regularly tow a heavy TA caravan across muddy steam rally fields and never got stuck.

• 4 weeks later...