No need for Packham/Merged threads

ElvisThePelvis

The reason I dislike him is because he is prepared to use any and all means, including his publicly funded "celebrity" as a soapbox to then deliberately mislead a largely ignorant public into joining an anti fieldsports crusade...his illness may explain, but is no excuse for his dishonest, extremist conduct.

+1.

He's got a book out about having Asbergers.

Doesn't that make your pee smell funny?

As someone who shoots and also has Asperger's this is offensive, even if it was intended as a weak attempt at humour. It merely demonstrates your own ignorance of Asperger's/ASD, just as Packham ably demonstrates his of field sports, not to mention his bias against them.

People are free to like or dislike shooting.

My issue is that he lies about the shooting community. He has used Twitter to make statements that are patently untrue. When challenged, he quietly backs down, but the damage to shooting has already happened.

Whether he has a mental illness or is/also just a tool is irrelevant to me - it's not a defence to lying.

+1. He (Packham) holds these views because he is an ill informed idiot, something which is NOT caused by him being on the Autistic spectrum. The two are entirely separate.

As someone who shoots and also has Asperger's this is offensive, even if it was intended as a weak attempt at humour. It merely demonstrates your own ignorance of Asperger's/ASD, just as Packham ably demonstrates his of field sports, not to mention his bias against them.

+1. He (Packham) holds these views because he is an ill informed idiot, something which is NOT caused by him being on the Autistic spectrum. The two are entirely separate.

The man cannot be described in any way as an ill informed idiot.

I'd avoid the Twitter, Facebook and the internet generally if you find that offensive.

I believe this to be incorrect! His 'end justifies the means' type of anti fieldsports, animal obsession is neither proportional nor normal, it's pathological!

I'd avoid the Twitter, Facebook and the internet generally if you find that offensive.

I do avoid F/B and Twitter for the most part, because there are so many ignorant people out there happy to poke fun at some disabilities without the faintest idea of how it emotionally affects the person. I presume people on here would never poke fun at a disabled person in a wheelchair? So why do so at a hidden disability?

I do avoid F/B and Twitter for the most part, because there are so many ignorant people out there happy to poke fun at some disabilities without the faintest idea of how it emotionally affects the person. I presume people on here would never poke fun at a disabled person in a wheelchair? So why do so at a hidden disability?

Post removed

Edited by Graham M

It is not a question of poking fun at someone with a disability, hidden or not! For anyone to use social media in a calculated way in order to deliberately misinform and mislead the public into supporting an extremist agenda, to spew out damaging, dishonest and unjust criticism of people such as farmers, landowners, shooters etc, for similar reasons, to use 'fame' gained from media exposure paid for mainly from public licence revenue, in order to persue a personal vendetta against those members of the public who are involved in perfectly legal country pursuits...all because that individual doesn't agree with them/it!.........is conduct more akin to terrorism than that of a normal, well adjusted, rational human being, and such conduct can neither be ignored or excused because of a "hidden disability"

Dunno - all are fair game if you ask me.

I watched some of it. I phoned my friend and told him to expect an extra sab out hunting on the weekend as theyre filming minutes away from the kennels.

What I couldnt understand is why as supposed wildlife experts their knowledge of wildlife behaviour was vague at times. Like the woman who built that big artificial earth for badgers or the urban fox experiment. I wonder will the fox work out how to pull this string and drag a piece of chicken out of this box? Having shot, hunted and watched a few I can tell you autumn watch experts yes old Charles will get his chicken! Hed probably read the Financial Times and play the clarinet if it got him a free meal. Its the same story with badger behaviour, scientists say they tagged a load on a farm and they wouldnt forage where the cows are grazing. Im sorry mr scientist but youre wrong theyre regularly amongst the cows! If these people actually got out into the countryside and saw these animals and how they behave you could appreciate their view on things.

That turned into a bit of a rant it wasnt supposed too 😂