Letters from GPs.

racing snake

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly that is now the norm in Scotland, and many doctors/surgeries are refusing point blank on contecensous? grounds not to fill the forms in.

For some reason in Eng/wales polis follow the guidelines which assumes if they have not heard from the dr's in 7 days they presume its all OK and give u ur tickets anyway, (so u can follow basc advice and not pay)

In Scotland they don't follow home office guidance and presume it's not OK and refuse ur tickets until they get a doctors letter.

So u have to pay wot ever fee the doctors/surgery feel like charging, if they're even willing to do it at all

I'm lucky mine was only £25

Sadly I have said on several occasions on varies posts on this subject that it would get seriously out of control.

Doctors are a business and just like any other business if they have a cash cow they will milk it.

What's even worst is the shooting organisations agreed to it on the understanding we would get a ten year licence and pigs will fly.

Edited by rbrowning2

Sadly that is now the norm in Scotland, and many doctors/surgeries are refusing point blank on contecensous? grounds not to fill the forms in.

For some reason in Eng/wales polis follow the guidelines which assumes if they have not heard from the dr's in 7 days they presume its all OK and give u ur tickets anyway, (so u can follow basc advice and not pay)

In Scotland they don't follow home office guidance and presume it's not OK and refuse ur tickets until they get a doctors letter.

So u have to pay wot ever fee the doctors/surgery feel like charging, if they're even willing to do it at all

I'm lucky mine was only £25

Arent BASC Scotland doing anything about it?

I think what will eventually happen is the police have a deal with the doctors and the cost will get added to the licence fee.

At the end of the day NHS doctors already have enough work to do, so I cant see how we can begrudge them charging something. That said, the price should be fixed because at the moment it seems they can charge what they want.

Cos

I assume the form is the same down south, all the doctos have to do is tick 2 boxes and agree to put a marker on ur files (which again could be reguarded as dodgy if anyone can look at it)

Must admit I wouldn't object to a small fee (and would say 25-50 is about right) but some doctors are wanting over 100 and worse still have heard of dr's and surgeries point blank refusing because they don't like guns.

I bet they still treat many other minorities even thou they may not approve of their lifestyles/religion. Really they should be reported to the GMC and basc/sga/sacs should be standing up for their members.

At moment some SGC/FAC holders are being held to ransom throu no fault of their own

If ur into conspiracies it does make u wonder if holyrood/snp has had a word with chief constable, far easier now being 1 force 1 cc, and would fit with there constant targeting of rural folk/field sports

Because the letter the police send out re your renewal ,has the form ,for the doctors to fill in.

when my doctors letter came he wanted £20,i phoned the police H/Q up.and they said dont pay it,and i said to him so if you dont here from my doctor after 3 weeks i get my renewal. and he said yes,and i got it,so its a GP rip off.

when my doctors letter came he wanted £20,i phoned the police H/Q up.and they said dont pay it,and i said to him so if you dont here from my doctor after 3 weeks i get my renewal. and he said yes,and i got it,so its a GP rip off.

But the big difference is in eng there following home office advice and issuing the tickets,

In Scotland there not so u have no choice.

No doctors letter they won't even begin to process ur licences so u have no option but to pay, if they will sign the letter at all.

Something needs to be done and it should never been allowed to get this far.