Getting tough on knife crime ?

Rewulf

7 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

This is an absolute disgrace, these magistrates should be struck off and he should be dealt with by the crown court, in front of a jury of his peers

I think something needs to be done, to clarify the position. 

You can't carry a knife, or any other weapon on the streets of this country for self defence. 

I don't care how fearful you are. The whole Brexit argument is just something he thought up to try and wriggle out of it. And to his surprise, it worked. 

Now others will think it will for them too. 

1 minute ago, old man said:

Can't blame the bloke, blame the system?

I blame them both.
Hes committed a crime, for whatever reason, but he knows its illegal to carry a knife for defence, just the same as it is in his own country.

Hes caught, and has played the race/foreigner/victim card as his only defence.
Using the media fascination with Brexit, and completely made up stats about the rise in attacks on foreign nationals since the referendum.

The 'right on' PC magistrates have sucked it up and done their liberal good deed for the day by giving the poor frightened French boy a C.D.

Forget about his crime, its the perceived crime of racial discrimination, and fear of violence (That never happened) due to his nationality, thats more important here :no:

Surprised they didnt give him some beer money out of public funds too.

A butterfly knife is a prohibited weapon so another thing he could have and should have been done for. Don't we have enough criminals here already without importing them?

He's probably out and about tonight tooled up and laughing at how weak our courts are.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I think something needs to be done, to clarify the position. 

You can't carry a knife, or any other weapon on the streets of this country for self defence. 

I don't care how fearful you are. The whole Brexit argument is just something he thought up to try and wriggle out of it. And to his surprise, it worked. 

Now others will think it will for them too. 

There is a documented case from around two or three years ago I think, which I heard reported on the radio, where a young bloke stabbed to death an assailant who had attacked him with a knife. Gang related if I recall, but he didn’t go to jail as it transpired his attacker had made it common knowledge what his intentions were towards the young bloke, who insisted he had then decided to carry a knife with him for his defence. 

I cant recall what the further outcome was. 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

There is a documented case from around two or three years ago I think, which I heard reported on the radio, where a young bloke stabbed to death an assailant who had attacked him with a knife. Gang related if I recall, but he didn’t go to jail as it transpired his attacker had made it common knowledge what his intentions were towards the young bloke, who insisted he had then decided to carry a knife with him for his defence. 

I cant recall what the further outcome was. 

It is slightly different, because he was attacked, and used 'reasonable ' force to defend his life.
There is a precedent in common law for this, which has been clarified and shaken up somewhat since the Tony Martin case.

However, if he had been stopped and searched whilst carrying the knife, prior to being attacked, he would have been dealt with accordingly, and I dont believe his defence of 'Theres a man out their who wants to kill me' would have helped him at all.
Its an interesting point though.
The whole question of self defence in the UK is a strange one, there are many instances of assailants being shot, stabbed ,clubbed, I believe one was shot with an arrow once!
But all the weapons used were 'to hand' in their legal uses (I was cleaning my shotgun when ... :rolleyes:) so no charges bought against the law abiding people 'defending'
But keep such sporting equipment at the ready, and its a different ball game.

13 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It is slightly different, because he was attacked, and used 'reasonable ' force to defend his life.
There is a precedent in common law for this, which has been clarified and shaken up somewhat since the Tony Martin case.

However, if he had been stopped and searched whilst carrying the knife, prior to being attacked, he would have been dealt with accordingly, and I dont believe his defence of 'Theres a man out their who wants to kill me' would have helped him at all.
Its an interesting point though.
The whole question of self defence in the UK is a strange one, there are many instances of assailants being shot, stabbed ,clubbed, I believe one was shot with an arrow once!
But all the weapons used were 'to hand' in their legal uses (I was cleaning my shotgun when ... :rolleyes:) so no charges bought against the law abiding people 'defending'
But keep such sporting equipment at the ready, and its a different ball game.

Yes. Totally agree. And to boot, the law is an ***. 

I despair, I use some serious knifes (10"+ blades) in connection with my business generally, and directly in connection with my business for the Police, but if I took them to the night club or shops they would throw the book at me!

Edited by Dekers