Lost permission and FAC renewal

bramsafc

I am no expert on the law but from what I have read the Land/Club permission letter is not statuary, all it says is “good reason” Chief

Officers are able to exercise discretion over what constitutes a good reason, judging each case on its own merits, I would contact your licensing authority and tell them your predicament and that you are actively seeking new permissions, its possible they will look on you in a favorable light,

The other option is to register your guns with a RFD, obviously there will be costs involved with this option.

shame to hear this mate. if i were in your position i would go knocking on doors looking for land to shoot on. you maybe surprised how much land there is that needs decent people to cover it. to be fair i think there are a large percentage on here that have land to shoot but rarely do just to keep guns

42 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

It is best to check with area FEO as to whether said land has been inspected and if so for what calibre. I would not trust 'someone else' giving me the correct information.

It is has simple as giving them a ring and asking for the information.

BUT, some departments do not keep records of cleared ground ...I  know, I know !!!  I couldn't believe it either.   

23 hours ago, Walker570 said:

BUT, some departments do not keep records of cleared ground ...I  know, I know !!!  I couldn't believe it either.   

I have had no experience of that, yet. Does that mean any enquiries would need a visit to the land to check?

Edited by Good shot?

Where abouts are you? I can give you probationary membership of a club that shoots at Bisley right now. But its not a shoe in, you have to come and attend the shoots and tick all the relevant boxes but if you are an existing FAC that shouldn't be hard.

Or I could introduce you to a full bore club in Mid Wales if that is easier, where you could get probationary status overnight but again you have to do the attendances.  In my experience joining a club is the best way to network with people. In mid Wales some of the foxers have dozens of farms they can shoot on any time they want. 

Edited by Vince Green

5 hours ago, Good shot? said:

It is only that the land needs to  passed by the authorities up to a given calibre, after that no limit on numbers of people given permission to use it, that is up to the landowner.

My local RFD did ask me that question a few years ago and mentioned that there were quiet a few FAC’s for the land. 

I solve that problem  now with no new FAC’s and inform the RFD when FAC owners leave the land. 

It’s surprising how many people want to join a syndicate just to access firearms. 

12 hours ago, tharsus said:

Mayfair is no good for centre fire though, Three counties might be a better choice.

Horses for courses, three counties no good for rf so it depends what guns he has and how far he wants to travel to shoot a bit of paper.

Edited by Luckyshot

If you have just had a renewal, I would book a paid stalk or 2 and get one with finding some new permissions. (Ever fancied CWD / munty? Book it in 2019 to give yourself some time ;) )

Sort that out, new permissions and then present your FEO with the changes as a done deal.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 07:20, bruno22rf said:

As you have held your cert for so long I'm guessing that you have an "open" cert? In which case surely you can simply say that, until you gain your own perm again, you shoot over a variety of friends land as and when invited? Or am I missing something? 

Very simple no land no ticket sorry.

9 hours ago, bramsafc said:

Great news just got off the phone to a farmer and he’s ok with me putting his land down on my cert....Just need to find more permission now 

Good news. I was in the exact same position as you very recently. Some good mates on here helped me out :good:

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

How is HS2 affecting you at the moment?

Farms sold, what hasn’t been sold has surveys and work started . 

The farms have been sold 2 years .

bore holing has been going on for 2-3 years.

im lucky my mate sold my best bit but my other mate has rented it off hs2 for a while but the mess is crazy they make.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can use centerfire at gun clubs you just have to use reducwd load carrridges

If i lost my farming permission .i would only have to give up one of my rifles  my .17 hmr as it is tbe only rifle cal which i own that you cannot use in an indoor range my center fires i can still use including 308 as there is target competitions that i can use them in.

I have always been a member of a club and have looked after one farm just in case ...and the club gives you some good warm shootiñg in the winter or for setting up a .22lr and good chat with some fine shooters and hunters for great tips