How far....

ips

For wood pigeons I'd have to travel about an hour east. We have very little in the way of arable crops locally so what wood pigeon we have are in balance and relatively scarce. They aren't a pest.

We've a couple of small flocks of rock dove, properly marked and relatively non hybridised. They not a nuisance to anyone and like our woodies relatively rare, rare also in the respect that there are few unadulterated populations remaining UK wide.

The avian pest species here would be geese hooded crows and some sheep interests would add ravens and sea eagles.  

34 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Shot most out of my living room window this week.

I had to warn the missus the shotgun was probably going to be louder than the 22mag I shot a rabbit with. :D She wasn't impressed.

? A mate snipes rabbits and corvids from his bedroom window with his .17HMR. He does let his OH know beforehand however. 

56 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

I had to warn the missus the shotgun was probably going to be louder than the 22mag I shot a rabbit with.  She wasn't impressed.

I used to shoot foxes from my back kitchen door, I used to bait area and just wait for them to cut thru the hedge then I would use my wmr head shoot at 40/50 feet..

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:12, Old farrier said:

If you want to shoot decent bags of pigeons you have to put in some time and miles 

try reading some of PC posts he probably does up to 200 miles to get some 

You don't always have to put in too much time or miles, but it can help.

On 15/04/2018 at 12:49, 39TDS said:

I had to warn the missus the shotgun was probably going to be louder than the 22mag I shot a rabbit with.  She wasn't impressed.

Had 2 rabbits, 4 pigeons and a crow out of the window in the last few days with the HMR. 

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I live/work on a 700 acre arable farm and have sole permission for vermin control.