Jump to content
sako751sg

Very windy mixed bag.

    Recommended Posts

    Cant beat a good wind for a long walk with the gun so held away pretty early for a whole day to try and get a good mixed bag.

    Turned out to be very tricky shooting with some easy misses although the birds would have been motoring and probably behind on them.Havent shot a grey partridge on my places since winter 2009,but took a R&L out of a covey of 15.Have seen at least 5 good covey this winter and just goes to show how a decent summer can make a fair difference.

    Ended the day with a pond and managed 3 Mallard and 3 Teal,again hard going with a mix of darkness and wind making it very difficult.

    Wee Jakes flat out for the count and dont think ill be far behind him.Unbelievable the work a dog can do and even at the end was still so keen to please.Old fella still not fit enough with his shoulder but hopefully get out at least once before the season closes.

    gtVq71f.jpg

     

    QVf2J8a.jpg

     

    Zky2ZwK.jpg

     

    exU86gA.jpg

     

    Y4O1PXq.jpg

     

    9zzX5r9.jpg

     

    gX8suAj.jpg

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Fantastic day well done team put your feet up tonight 🙂 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Everyone to there own, but if I asked what is my ideal day out with a gun it would be the type of day you have just reported on sako, I just love walking around all the likely places with just my dog and maybe the odd friend , excellent bag and a very well contented dog and not forgetting the owner .

    Hope your dad is soon well enough to spend sometime with you and your lad in your stunning countryside . 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted (edited)

    As MM says..... Not sure how your day could be improved on.. 

    Edited by islandgun

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Those are the best days you can have, you work hard for them and your dog works well for you. Miss a few and take some home, great day enjoyed the post thanks, hope your dad gets out with you soon.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    13 hours ago, prem1234 said:

    A great mixed bag.....well done to you and Jake !!!

    Cheers fella.

    13 hours ago, Walker570 said:

    Super day, super dog and super countryside

    Agreed bud.

    13 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

    great pics. you and the dog certainly put some work in for that lot:good:

    Would be lost without them thats for sure.

    13 hours ago, oowee said:

    Fantastic day well done team put your feet up tonight 🙂 

    Top day for sure and credit goes to the wee lad.

    13 hours ago, marsh man said:

    Everyone to there own, but if I asked what is my ideal day out with a gun it would be the type of day you have just reported on sako, I just love walking around all the likely places with just my dog and maybe the odd friend , excellent bag and a very well contented dog and not forgetting the owner .

    Hope your dad is soon well enough to spend sometime with you and your lad in your stunning countryside . 

    Same here MM,hard to beat for sure.Old fella hopefully gets sorted soon,not the same without him thats for sure.

    12 hours ago, islandgun said:

    As MM says..... Not sure how your day could be improved on.. 

    Spot on fella.My kind of day out and hard to beat imo.

    12 hours ago, figgy said:

    Those are the best days you can have, you work hard for them and your dog works well for you. Miss a few and take some home, great day enjoyed the post thanks, hope your dad gets out with you soon.

    Cheers Figgy.

    True words,hard work but well worth it.Hopefully hes fighting fit soon although 3 injections into the joint hasnt improved things yet.

    12 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

    The stuff dreams are made of. Thanks for the post sako. 

    Ta bud.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Now that's my sort of bag. You are very fortunate to live in a part of the country with such varied sporting opportunities available. Well done on making the most of them throughout the year. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Oh lucky man. Looked like perfect conditions for a walk round & I think we can all relate to truely mixed bag like this,although I think my legs would have surrendered long before the duck flight! Are'nt those teal such beautiful birds ( & tastey). Man & dog in harmony it would seem.What is the best species count you've had on your grounds? You must have been close to it on this outing?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    22 hours ago, Novice said:

    Now that's my sort of bag. You are very fortunate to live in a part of the country with such varied sporting opportunities available. Well done on making the most of them throughout the year. 

    Very lucky indeed and sure try to make the most of it.

    21 hours ago, WelshMike said:

    What a cracking bit of sport, well done :good:

    Cheers Mike.

    10 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

    What a brilliant mixed bag Dave :good:

    Great bit of variation for sure Mark.

    5 minutes ago, pbutd said:

    Oh lucky man. Looked like perfect conditions for a walk round & I think we can all relate to truely mixed bag like this,although I think my legs would have surrendered long before the duck flight! Are'nt those teal such beautiful birds ( & tastey). Man & dog in harmony it would seem.What is the best species count you've had on your grounds? You must have been close to it on this outing?

    Thanks for that fella.Legs were well done but the thought of the ducks usually keeps them going a wee bit longer.

    When Mac was 9 we went solely to see how many species we could do in 24hrs,including the rifle but will have to check for the pic to make sure.

    We def had.

    Roe

    Fox

    Hare

    Rabbit

    Pheasant

    Partridge

    Woodcock

    Snipe

    Mallard

    Teal

    Pigeon

    Crow

    Luckily we have different places where most are a shoe in for at least seeing and it was a bad winter so easy to pick where the most of them will be.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    i missed this post until now,  hell of a day dave that's a cracking mixed bag I see you managed a woodcock as well 

    that dog is a machine never seen a dog work  as much as that one 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Already been said but what a great mixed bag and sounds like a day you won’t forget. Brilliant. I can’t think there are many folk out there who have ever had the amount of variation you have had. Excellent.

    Edited by BinaryB

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    23 hours ago, yickdaz said:

    i missed this post until now,  hell of a day dave that's a cracking mixed bag I see you managed a woodcock as well 

    that dog is a machine never seen a dog work  as much as that one 

    Aye,the wee fella puts in a fair shift right enough.

    Great variety and a top walk bud.Game bag was a bit on the heavy side though.

    6 hours ago, BinaryB said:

    Already been said but what a great mixed bag and sounds like a day you won’t forget. Brilliant. I can’t think there are many folk out there who have ever had the amount of variation you have had. Excellent.

    Cheers fella.

    Lucky to have a great variation and near on the doorstep.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, sako751sg said:

    Aye,the wee fella puts in a fair shift right enough.

    Great variety and a top walk bud.Game bag was a bit on the heavy side though.

    Cheers fella.

    Lucky to have a great variation and near on the doorstep.

    he does that 

    not surprised it was heavy with that bag good on yer  :good:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×