A pleasant surprise.....

ditchman

so there i am sitting in my chair in the shed making a magnet stick , with a rare earth magnet in...for the heat treat of the horseknife....and in walks this gentleman carrying a bag..........and then puts bottles of red stuff and sloe gin and antlers on my workbench............then introduces himself as OLD BOGGY..:yahoo:what a nice man...just happened to be passing......(he lives in Kent) and i made him a ditchy knife a while back...........

well this got me thinking...........just up the road from me is Walsingham...(the shrine of)....where pilgrims from all over the world visit...as the virgin mary...(being in norfolk and a virgin is quite a rare occurance) happened to be seen there a while ago....and it just struck me...i know how she feels.....

....as i too have pilgrims drop by....and they bring offerings to the alter of St Fidler....and they are allowed to touch and see the Holy Linishing Machine of Cantley...,and are allowed to converse with the Holy Vicar General of St Fidler.....then they exit the Chapel of Shed backwards................furfilled in the knowledge they have completed their Hadge/pilgrimage...and return home and spread the word.............:good:

i now know what it feels like to be a  local internet Deity....perhaps for tax purposes i could registre a new religion:hmm:............(i could get used to this....:lol:)

cheers Chris...:good: 

Edited by ditchman

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

He (Old Boggy) very kindly sent me some Darne information a little while ago.  Very kind member of our little PW community.

Indeed he is. when he learnt i was buying a McNab  he Pm'd me to enquire if i needed it aged etc.. genuinely interested..:good:

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

so there i am sitting in my chair in the shed making a magnet stick , with a rare earth magnet in...for the heat treat of the horseknife....and in walks this gentleman carrying a bag..........and then puts bottles of red stuff and sloe gin and antlers on my workbench............then introduces himself as OLD BOGGY..:yahoo:what a nice man...just happened to be passing......(he lives in Kent) and i made him a ditchy knife a while back...........

well this got me thinking...........just up the road from me is Walsingham...(the shrine of)....where pilgrims from all over the world visit...as the virgin mary...(being in norfolk and a virgin is quite a rare occurance) happened to be seen there a while ago....and it just struck me...i know how she feels.....

....as i too have pilgrims drop by....and they bring offerings to the alter of St Fidler....and they are allowed to touch and see the Holy Linishing Machine of Cantley...,and are allowed to converse with the Holy Vicar General of St Fidler.....then they exit the Chapel of Shed backwards................furfilled in the knowledge they have completed their Hadge/pilgrimage...and return home and spread the word.............:good:

i now know what it feels like to be a  local internet Deity....perhaps for tax purposes i could registre a new religion:hmm:............(i could get used to this....:lol:)

cheers Chris...:good: 

I remember driving an old transit van towards Walsingham and giving a lift to two nuns walking beside the road, after a while there was another couple and so it went until van loaded i dropped the lot off at their destination. had a laugh and sing song

40 minutes ago, JDog said:

Sorry Ditchy but no matter how hard you try you can never revert to the status of virgin.

i could have sum sort of operation i suppose....i could become "neautral or fluid or even newtered...what ever that means...im sure the tax office would want to look into it ..:hmm:

Good old Old Boggy (Chris)

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

i could have sum sort of operation i suppose....i could become "neautral or fluid or even newtered...what ever that means...im sure the tax office would want to look into it ..:hmm:

No one will want to look in to the hole when you've been newtered!

newt.jpg

7 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

With all the rain you've had in the East over the passed few days I've been  waiting the next project , " The Ark" , made from old wine pallets and corked empty bottles for flotation?????

This could be launched from your shrine.

AND THE LORD SAID UNTO MOSES..."COME FORTH"................BUT HE CAME FIFTH , AND LOST HIS TOBACCO MONEY.....................

here endeth the first lesson according to St Fidler.........................peace on you my son......not from up there you wont.........

Blessed are the Norfolk Bhoys ,Long may ST Sarah of that way on initiate them into the ways of the shiny grass ,enjoy your rewards St Ditchy all your kindness is a true example of "play it forward " .The good folk of P,W land obviously appreciate your kindness and help with matters fettling 

I agree there are some good guys and no doubt gals on the forum , I often get a Email from Chris ( Old Boggy ) plus some books he was kind enough to send me all free of charge .

Hopefully the next time he venture into our county he will get in touch and I will gladly show him part of the area , who knows , we might even be lucky enough to bump into the legend Sara , well not really bump into her as she could do some serious damage to my motor . :lol:

4 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

We only need one miracle attributed I think to get you canonised - Saint Ditchy has a nice ring to it?

listen ere pal...............miracles are done in da shrine everyday................its the impossible i have trouble with..:innocent:

6 hours ago, JDog said:

Sorry Ditchy but no matter how hard you try you can never revert to the status of virgin.

okay......i will give you that....will just have to stick with the mary bit...

17 hours ago, JDog said:

He's virgin on the ridiculous 😆

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

That is the main reason I stayed on this forum. A bunch of great folk including those brave enough to venture into the wilds of Norfolk where people talk funny amongst other things.

They do have some great partridge shooting as well.

Pw has some of the friendliest folks I've ever met nev . 

I thought that I had better put the record straight here. Being an early recipient of a lovely Ditchman Opinel knife reincarnation, it was only right that I should show my further appreciation. My mission was to pick my daughter up from Ludham where she was staying with friends and this I noticed passed closely by the Ditchman residence, so a quick stop off to drop some goodies was my idea.

Upon entering the inner sanctum of the Ditchman shed there was our man beavering away at getting ready for the intricate process of turning steel into spring steel. But where was that long white haired frightening looking person depicted by his avatar ? He looked quite normal.  A quick look before he spoke and there weren't six fingers on each hand as I believed of all Norfolkians. He then spoke, not with a broad dialect comprehendible only to those in Nelson's county, but perfectly understandable to this southerner. So far, all well and good. 

However, a quick look round and not one photo of that vision of loveliness we now know, or imagine, as Fat Sarah, but I did spot the famous linisher, the subject of another Ditchman project that kept us enthralled for many days or was it weeks on Pigeon Watch.

Unfortunately I was running late so my visit was quite short but I had time to have explained to me the method involved to produce the new springs for that lovely old Pearson of Norwich knife, the subject of Ditchy's latest project. It made me realise the hours of skilful work put into each component. Get the heat wrong and the springs would snap like biscuits. I was able to handle it in its incomplete state and what a cracking little piece of history it is and due to Ditchy's talent and painstaking skill will be returned to its former full working glory. I can well understand not wishing to give it back.

Perhaps it was as well I could not spend more time as I may well have delayed the completion of the knife and probably would have bombarded Ditchy with many stupid questions.

Anyway, it was an absolute pleasure to meet him and maybe next time we could have a longer chat. 

Thanks for your time Simon, it was good to meet you. You're a star.

Chris

Edited by Old Boggy

On 14 June 2019 at 19:21, marsh man said:

I agree there are some good guys and no doubt gals on the forum , I often get a Email from Chris ( Old Boggy ) plus some books he was kind enough to send me all free of charge .

Hopefully the next time he venture into our county he will get in touch and I will gladly show him part of the area , who knows , we might even be lucky enough to bump into the legend Sara , well not really bump into her as she could do some serious damage to my motor . 

Good morning MM. It would be good to meet up sometime. Your stories of your old punting adventures are always good to hear.

Regards bumping into Fat Sarah, I'm not too sure, but last time I drove along Great Yarmouth seafront she appears to have many relatives in the area :hmm:

OB

6 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Good morning MM. It would be good to meet up sometime. Your stories of your old punting adventures are always good to hear.

Regards bumping into Fat Sarah, I'm not too sure, but last time I drove along Great Yarmouth seafront she appears to have many relatives in the area 

OB

Apparently other elements of the family live in Skegness and Southend and are often seen out and about!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

2 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Regards bumping into Fat Sarah, I'm not too sure, but last time I drove along Great Yarmouth seafront she appears to have many relatives in the area :hmm:

OB

Fat sarah has a well paid job at the moment ...she is on contract to Lincolnshire county council......as we speak she is being lowered into position by an RAF Chinook...on breach filling duties........