BREXIT

JohnfromUK

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It is customary to wish people a HNY after Christmas Day has passed.:rolleyes:

I have NOT bought any fireworks for absolutely years. But when there is a need to celebrate something or "salute" some aircrew I will only have to put the bits together!:good:

Got some old Rapiers laying around? 

Sorry, must have you confused with the dearly departed ‘Pinfireman’ who was buying up the Countries supply of fireworks 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jaymo said:

Got some old Rapiers laying around? 

Sorry, must have you confused with the dearly departed ‘Pinfireman’ who was buying up the Countries supply of fireworks 

No not got any old rapiers around, I do have a few German fireworks though!

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Where trades would not otherwise be allowed firms have set up Euro enterprises. Who knows what will come out of the final settlement. My wife's firm have moved a facility to Spain in prep. Where there is a will there is a way and firms will find a way around we just loose tax take. 

I'm really concerned about any outcome that will stop theese trades. My understanding is those are a vital part for London and Uk economy. Possibly I missed something but apparently no one (for sure ALL the politicians)  is too keen in explaining such consequences?

2 minutes ago, Docleo said:

I'm really concerned about any outcome that will stop theese trades. My understanding is those are a vital part for London and Uk economy. Possibly I missed something but apparently no one (for sure ALL the politicians)  is too keen in explaining such consequences?

Because they don't understand the implications or want to look at the reality. I am not sure anyone fully understands it yet as we don't know what will be agreed. The same goes for any other industry. That said business is sure to find a way and we just loose tax take and jobs. We just have to hope someone has a plan. 

On 28/12/2019 at 16:26, Docleo said:

(Possibly stupid) question regarding brexit and the deal: 

what's going to happen from the 31st (or after any implementation period) to the financial service trades between uk an eu? 

My understanding is they won't be allowed any longer?

Nobody knows as yet. 

We will officially leave the EU on 31st January 2020, then enter into a transition period until 31st December 2020. During this period virtually nothing will change as a new trading and cooperation partnership is negotiated. To have a new deal ratified by all parties by 31st Dec 2020 we should have a pretty good idea of the direction of travel by June/July 2020. There is an option of one 2 year extension period if a deal cannot be ratified. However, it has been enacted into UK law that no extension can be sought, which effectively means a so called 'no deal' Brexit could still be a possibility should any new deal not be forthcoming by the end of 2020. 

In a nutshell, nothing will change during the transition period, and nobody knows what will happen with the UK/EU finance sector until negotiations begin. Everything is simply speculation until any deal is actually done. 

1 hour ago, poontang said:

Nobody knows as yet. 

We will officially leave the EU on 31st January 2020, then enter into a transition period until 31st December 2020. During this period virtually nothing will change as a new trading and cooperation partnership is negotiated. To have a new deal ratified by all parties by 31st Dec 2020 we should have a pretty good idea of the direction of travel by June/July 2020. There is an option of one 2 year extension period if a deal cannot be ratified. However, it has been enacted into UK law that no extension can be sought, which effectively means a so called 'no deal' Brexit could still be a possibility should any new deal not be forthcoming by the end of 2020. 

In a nutshell, nothing will change during the transition period, and nobody knows what will happen with the UK/EU finance sector until negotiations begin. Everything is simply speculation until any deal is actually done. 

And just think this could have all been completed by now if due process had been followed democratically!

How far in to 2020 before Gina Miller and Co rear their ugly mugs and attempt to de-rail the will of the MAJORITY of the PEOPLE being carried out?

The UK should have left the EU immediately the referendum result was ratified (or at worst, within a week or two) with “no deal” because that’s what the UK electorate voted for! Our leaving was not conditional ! The negotiations for our post Brexit relationship with the EU could have then commenced.......without remainers and the EU holding a gun to our heads! And constantly stymying our leaving!

If this were the case it would have all been wrapped up by now!.........We all know who’s to blame!