Deaths

bwana

On 27/05/2020 at 20:19, The Heron said:

The cost of developing something like that and the tooling it was never going to make a profit stick to what you know and leave stuff like that to the likes of jlr have you seen it it is like Bentleys attempt and porches have ago they are both a draughts man's dream but both look like a pile of cack. 

What, are you on the beer.  ??? 

Edited by ordnance

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aviation is taking a big hit as it’s the first industry to be affected, once the car showrooms open after lockdown can you realistically see people flocking to buy a new car or rush out & buy a new house when we are looking at millions of job losses. Land Rover were in deep #### before this virus with falling sales.

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Aviation is taking a big hit as it’s the first industry to be affected, once the car showrooms open after lockdown can you realistically see people flocking to buy a new car or rush out & buy a new house when we are looking at millions of job losses. Land Rover were in deep #### before this virus with falling sales.

Have you seen the pictures of thousands of people on the beaches enjoying themselves? They don't look concerned about the future at all.

The money is in the commercial van market there’s going to be loads of families looking to do a cheap transformation into a camper style van for their hols , Caravan and camping will see a boom over the next 2 years 

will the family holiday abroad be too expensive?

Are people now afraid of taking family abroad?

cheaper to have a holiday here camping/ lodge ect? 

has the lockdown brought an insight into how wonderful our own country is with the local /drive able places that have been discovered with so much family time ?

4 minutes ago, Surfer said:

The money is in the commercial van market there’s going to be loads of families looking to do a cheap transformation into a camper style van for their hols , Caravan and camping will see a boom over the next 2 years 

will the family holiday abroad be too expensive?

Are people now afraid of taking family abroad?

cheaper to have a holiday here camping/ lodge ect? 

has the lockdown brought an insight into how wonderful our own country is with the local /drive able places that have been discovered with so much family time ?

Hopefully!

15 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Have you seen the pictures of thousands of people on the beaches enjoying themselves? They don't look concerned about the future at all.

That’s the problem it’s all well & good now with the government paying their wages for the time being, I honestly don’t think people realise what is in front of us.

Edited by blackbird

33 minutes ago, blackbird said:

A local seller of houses and property said he had never been so busy. He was working flat out.  Insisted on likely buyers wearing protective kit to view...gloves mask and had very few who declined.

18 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

A local seller of houses and property said he had never been so busy. He was working flat out.  Insisted on likely buyers wearing protective kit to view...gloves mask and had very few who declined.

My shooting mate mentioned on Saturday morning,  that his partner (an estate agent ) has been flat out busy over the last coupleof months,  he said that they have nothing left to sell or rent as it all went so quickly. 

17 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

My shooting mate mentioned on Saturday morning,  that his partner (an estate agent ) has been flat out busy over the last coupleof months,  he said that they have nothing left to sell or rent as it all went so quickly. 

Fantastic news then, I should really stop watching the news on tv.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Yes great insight into how great it really is,great for our economy aswell +the food ain’t too bad 😂 

Open the pubs, get the beer gardens going, some pub grub 🍻🍻🍻

21 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Fantastic news then, I should really stop watching the news on tv.

I thought the news was stuck on a loop 😉

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

This one

Like Barnard castle for instance 😂

On the road this morning at 4.30am and the traffic on the A444 was as busy as normal.  Seems people are getting back to living their lives. Just returned along same route and again about the same flow.  1 in 2000 chance of dying from it, get a life.

Edited by Walker570

I work for a housebuilder and we have continued to sell. Our sales did drop to what we would usually get over a December when these would usually be our busier months, but it's not been crippling. 

Accross the industry that seems to be the same. 

Pretty much every housebuilder is expecting the releases of some pent up demand over the next few months as unlike other purchases once someone has seriously decided to move house they generally follow through. They may postpone, but rarely just forget the idea. 

I'm not going to say that every builder will survive (and I doubt I will get a bonus this year) but ultimately banks are still lending both commercially and to private borrowers. 

The impacts to the PLCs and the privately backed SMEs will be different of course. The share value of the larger PLCs will likely be shakey for the next few years but this will be complicated by what the government decides to do with the Help to Buy schemes. There has also been growing pressure on the government to support SMEs to generate housing numbers as the tend to have quicker delivery than the 'big boys' (average 3 years as opposed to 5). 

All of this feeds into housing numbers delivery that was central to both political sides manifestos. To be blunt local authorities and social housing providers just do not have the man power and expertise to come even close to delivering the numbers we are told are required (there is some argument about these); therefore the easiest way is for government to directly fund the industry.

The mechanisms for this are already in place so if the government intend to 'Roosevelt' their way out of this market contraction (which they probably do as it also helps deliver on election promises and housing gives good consumer security and confidence) then housing will start to look like a good bet in the short term. 

Honestly they could peel a few billion off HS2 and give a massive benefit to the industry which would have all the trickle down benefits that HS2 won't be delivering for a very long time. 

And of course ultimately you don't bet against land and brick in the long term. 

1 hour ago, Lord v said:

Honestly they could peel a few billion off HS2 and give a massive benefit to the industry which would have all the trickle down benefits that HS2 won't be delivering for a very long time. 

I was really hoping this would have been the death knell for HS2. Pre corona it was a waste, but surely corona has shown home working/ conferencing has real mileage for so much of business.

11 hours ago, treetree said:

I was really hoping this would have been the death knell for HS2. Pre corona it was a waste, but surely corona has shown home working/ conferencing has real mileage for so much of business.

I doubt you were alone

On 28/05/2020 at 21:13, TIGHTCHOKE said:

This one

In the first weeks of lockdown all was quiet and beautiful and our country was looking as nice as anywhere on earth. However in the last couple of weeks some nice little spots I visit have become busier than I have ever seen them, even before lockdown. I went to one place yesterday evening and it looked trashed, full of rubbish discarded beer cans ,drinks bottles and other trash. Unfortunately our country is inhabited by large volumes of (no beds ) and if they stick around and use these places over the summer then nice places to visit will be hard to find.