lancer425

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, WalkedUp said:

Seems fair enough as they were clearly breaking lockdown. However there is a fish shop in Machynlleth that would be worth the fine for. Great after an evening flight on the Dyffi. 

Plenty of people driving to ours! 

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Seems fair enough as they were clearly breaking lockdown. However there is a fish shop in Machynlleth that would be worth the fine for. Great after an evening flight on the Dyffi. 

Is that by (I recall?) the co op? 

8 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Clearly the fish and chip shop was the excuse they gave when stopped but nobody drives that far for a chippy. 

I doubt there was anything sinister in their motives. A nice ride out to the seaside on roads that are very clear right now. Ideal conditions for those that enjoy the two wheeled form of transport. Fish and chips, a bit of a look around and then a blast back home.

Under normal conditions check out Matlock Bath on a nice summer day. It's always crowded with bikers from miles around.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

doubt there was anything sinister in their motives

Just the unnecessary travel, if these stories are true I believe that the car or bike you travelled on should be confiscated,  crush a few cars on the 6 o clock news and I'm sure that would drive the message home.

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Just the unnecessary travel, if these stories are true I believe that the car or bike you travelled on should be confiscated,  crush a few cars on the 6 o clock news and I'm sure that would drive the message home.

A tad extreme given that it's a £60 fine for breaking the lock down. Remind me not to give you the keys to the Home Office.

40 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Is that by (I recall?) the co op? 

Further up, Hennighan’s. It’s been a while since my last visit as BASC had to cancel the day ticket scheme on the Dyffi due to political interference with NRW.... A disgrace from Labour, BASC had their hands tied. 

88713958-7303-46A7-B226-95DF264770BC.png

28 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I doubt there was anything sinister in their motives. 

I don't think there was anything sinister in their motives but if you are told not to do something you don't do it. Its not complicated really, some people seem to just not get it 

Edited by Vince Green

Just now, Mr_Nobody said:

A tad extreme given that it's a £60 fine for breaking the lock down. Remind me not to give you the keys to the Home Office.

Had they done this at the start say after the first three weeks of lockdown and fines were issued it would have driven the message home, it's only a £60 fine but it could be helping spread things we just don't know. 

Like I said above I'm not convinced the stories are 100% true, they could just be to make people think twice about going out for a nice drive.

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I don't think there was anything sinister in their motives but if you are told not to do something you don't do it. Its not complicated really

Well it managed to be complicated for several politicians and Cressida D1ck. Then there are our police and emergency services who seem to enjoy gathering on Westminster bridge each week. Are they being fined for breaking the lock down? Somehow I doubt it.

53 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Further up, Hennighan’s. It’s been a while since my last visit as BASC had to cancel the day ticket scheme on the Dyffi due to political interference with NRW.... A disgrace from Labour, BASC had their hands tied. 

88713958-7303-46A7-B226-95DF264770BC.png

I’m well aware of the problems Wildfowlers are getting from NRW caused largely by the machinations of their local rep on the Dyfi........Wildfowling/Wildfowlers in general, are under attack and having similar problems with NE!

I’ll have to try Hennighans chippy next time I’m up that way! :good:

1 hour ago, Mr_Nobody said:

check out Matlock Bath on a nice summer day. It's always crowded with bikers from miles around.

Tell us about it 🤥  -  on the Sunday before the "official Lockdown" when we had all been asked to stay home it was busier than a sunny august bank holiday! 

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

I’m well aware of the problems Wildfowlers are getting from NRW caused largely by the machinations of their local rep on the Dyfi........Wildfowling/Wildfowlers in general, are under attack and having similar problems with NE!

I’ll have to try Hennighans chippy next time I’m up that way! :good:

https://www.countryside-alliance.org/news/2018/9/welsh-labour-shoots-itself-in-foot

hello, i think this will backlash on the Welsh Labour Government as Wales has a large population of Labour voters who see shooting as part of their way of life, there must be many shoots on Forestry Commission land, private landowners with game shooting, small syndicates, and this must employ many gamekeepers, hospitality, hotels, B and B, not forgetting rearing game and feed,     

4 hours ago, Mice! said:

I have been saying it for years, no tax crush it, no mot crush it, no insurance crush it. They will learn in the end.

4 minutes ago, wishy735 said:

I have been saying it for years, no tax crush it, no mot crush it, no insurance crush it. They will learn in the end.

Either that or take it away and sell it, like you say they should learn eventually,  maybe?