Cummings in the soup?

Retsdon

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AVB said:

Somebody who was a very naughty boy causing the left wingers to go off on a **** fest. 

Actually, 55% of Tory voters believe DC should resign - JL Partners for The Daily Mail. It is not just those left of centre who believe rules should be upheld rather than subverted. 

35 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Actually, 55% of Tory voters believe DC should resign - JL Partners for The Daily Mail. It is not just those left of centre who believe rules should be upheld rather than subverted. 

I don’t dispute that. However it is the left who are having a good old **** over it. 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Scully will be along in a moment to point out you give enough of a damn to post 🤣

Exactly! If you’re not bothered why bother? 😃

Anyhow, anyone on here remember the war? I was just wondering if the media emphasis was concentrated on ramping up the negative rather than the positive when the war was on? 
OH had the news on when I got in ( she had forgotten to turn it off and had her headphones in while prepping tea ) and Clive Imrie (?) was reporting like he was a war correspondent on the front line,  stating someone being filmed was a ‘ ten year veteran ‘ amongst NHS cleaning staff. Talk about emotive twaddle .......switched it off . 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Exactly! If you’re not bothered why bother? 😃

Anyhow, anyone on here remember the war? I was just wondering if the media emphasis was concentrated on ramping up the negative rather than the positive when the war was on? 
OH had the news on when I got in ( she had forgotten to turn it off and had her headphones in while prepping tea ) and Clive Imrie (?) was reporting like he was a war correspondent on the front line,  stating someone being filmed was a ‘ ten year veteran ‘ amongst NHS cleaning staff. Talk about emotive twaddle .......switched it off . 

This is what modern day journos would have ‘reported’ in WW2

21043A62-250C-478C-90D8-4D6D63AD882E.png

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Good to see the police enforcing the 2 metre rule here.
People protesting a breach of lockdown rules, whilst breaching lockdown rules, and calling him a hypocrite ?
One wonders if they know the meaning of the word ?

Are the police  press and hecklers Immune from covid 19.?

How irresponsible of them all.  The linked video is typical of others i have seen in the area of DC home. What kind of person would do that to another person. It is beyond Hippocritical .  These people need prosecution  . People stood around like that is a real health risk, that could infect hundreds of not thousands of people. The police need to take action its disgraceful of them to just ignore such reckless responsible behaviour.

Edited by lancer425

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

He's not an elected politician, he's not a public servant and the police say he didn't break any laws so what's the big deal?

The big deal is Boris revealed himself for the **** that he is. It's no longer about Cummings, it's about a lying spineless *** that lied to the public just to gain office.

For all the hatred against journos, which I get, let us not forget that our PM is sprung from the same stock.

On 26/05/2020 at 18:21, grrclark said:

This thread has run it's course for me too, it's been interesting in parts.

Time will tell what the impact of this will be.  For myself I think BoJo is spineless and he has demonstrated that in spades, I believe we will start to see that reflected in his electoral satisfaction ratings and polling intentions of the public too.

If bj was spineless he'd of given into the leftwing media who have been given an easy win to slaughter cummings. They don't like him because of the B word, now he's done something they latch onto and batter him and the Conservatives with. Nothing more nothing less. Thousands of people have been ignoring them the 'rules' not law, jist happens cummings waa stuoid enough to 'test his eyes' which I agree is plop... Why not just hold his hand up and apologise. Who knows. We will never know. 

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The big deal is Boris revealed himself for the **** that he is. It's no longer about Cummings, it's about a lying spineless *** that lied to the public just to gain office.

For all the hatred against journos, which I get, let us not forget that our PM is sprung from the same stock.

Oh come on.....all politicians lie to get elected! Are are you forgetting Corbins fake giveaway promises!

Just now, ShootingEgg said:

If bj was spineless he'd of given into the leftwing media who have been given an easy win to slaughter cummings. They don't like him because of the B word, now he's done something they latch onto and batter him and the Conservatives with. Nothing more nothing less. Thousands of people have been ignoring them the 'rules' not law, jist happens cummings waa stuoid enough to 'test his eyes' which I agree is plop... Why not just hold his hand up and apologise. Who knows. We will never know. 

A. Because Cummings believes he's the real special one, and 

B. Because Boris is spineless

QED

17 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Really?  😃

It’s politics and they’re politicians for crying out loud! It’s the dirtiest game there is! What were you expecting....honesty and integrity? 

Just now, panoma1 said:

Oh come on.....all politicians lie to get elected! Are are you forgetting Corbins fake giveaway promises!

But nobody, or hardly anybody at least, voted for Corbyn. Not so long ago you were banging on about Parliamentary lies around supporting Brexit, it was a travesty then but apparently OK now? If so, as hypocritical as the the media hounding Cummings on his doorstep.

I'm an Engineer, but I'd systematically take you apart in a court room, I just hope for your sake you never find yourself in front of a professional in court - you'd be toast!

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Deluded.

What? He didn't just shut down the biased BBC reporter Emily Maitliss in a completely justified and acceptable way? He wasn't correct in defending his scientific and medical advisors from having to express their political opinion, that they weren't there to talk about?

What exactly am I deluded about?