Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20200815_233935.jpg.9da8e4c5db3d11c3755a7d998af145a1.jpg

20200815_234524.jpg.8736380940828213e11551502737de68.jpg

20200815_234543.jpg.4b063a1a59cba35755071835d6b668d7.jpg

Guys and girls, if you've got pups or dogs please be careful,  this is every week now a few posts a week that I'm seeing so there are probably many more.

It's so very wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A push to tighten the law on pet theft has just been rejected in parliament, which I believe is a disgrace. Also another reason my dogs would never be left in a kennel outside, particularly in some areas, it's asking for them to be stolen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats terrible but with the price of pups gone through the roof it's now easy money for the scum bags who don't care about what they have done but as someone has already said the punishment is not enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

has just been rejected in parliament, which I believe is a disgrace.

Parliament is a disgrace.

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, cannot kennels be locked up ? CCTV ? Padlocked front gate, alarms ?

These days - if they want it - they will find a way to take it.  If you do have CCTV 'evidence', it is unlikely that it would help much.

The problems are;

  • Almost no chance of getting caught
  • If you do get caught, light sentence
  • High rewards for little risk; so true of so much crime these days
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Parliament is a disgrace.

These days - if they want it - they will find a way to take it.  If you do have CCTV 'evidence', it is unlikely that it would help much.

The problems are;

  • Almost no chance of getting caught
  • If you do get caught, light sentence
  • High rewards for little risk; so true of so much crime these days

Bang on

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't quote me on this because it seems a 'grey area', but according to what I have read, the device itself is not illegal - and nor is using it as intended ........... but IF someone was injured (or claimed they had been - e.g. stress, trauma etc.) as a result of you using it, you could be liable for damages in a civil case (or indeed criminal if the injury level warranted it).  They could make a claim they were there legitimately and unless you could prove they were in the process of criminal activity .......... it might not go well.

In this day and age - you in effect can be liable for someone injured on your property - even if they should not have been there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

A push to tighten the law on pet theft has just been rejected in parliament, which I believe is a disgrace. Also another reason my dogs would never be left in a kennel outside, particularly in some areas, it's asking for them to be stolen.

Problem is people are having their homes broken in to as well.

I can't understand why they would reject it, stealing a dog is something that can't just be replaced by the insurance. 

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

These people have got to be trolling social media to target breeders.

Being more careful what you put on there will help. 

 

Probably right, but people need to advertise their pups, but at the moment you would need to be incredibly careful before letting people come and see them.

Edited by Mice!
Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Problem is people are having their homes broken in to as well.

I can't understand why they would reject it, stealing a dog is something that can just be replaced by the insurance. 

Probably right, but people need to advertise their pups, but at the moment you would need to be incredibly careful before letting people come and see them.

You could break in and steal a dog from a home, but that is far less likely to happen, the vast majority are stolen from kennels, gardens, outside shops and even from vehicles, thefts from houses are almost unheard of and when it does happen is more often to high profile targets like celebrities for a ransom. Why make it easy for them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I am assuming that you intended to write as corrected above?

I did thanks 

 

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

You could break in and steal a dog from a home, but that is far less likely to happen, the vast majority are stolen from kennels, gardens, outside shops and even from vehicles, thefts from houses are almost unheard of and when it does happen is more often to high profile targets like celebrities for a ransom. Why make it easy for them?

I know what you are saying but many at the moment are getting the dam and full litters stolen are being stolen from inside the home.

We always used to tie our dog up outside the shop, wouldn't be doing that now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alot of these stolen dogs end up in ireland, theres always posts on crimewatch wirral about it, a couple of weeks ago alot got discovered on the way to ireland so hopefully they are back with their owners now.

And as for punishment for committing the crime is it that much of a surprise nothing happens, because after all we have scum running the country, so theyre looking after their own, honour amongst thieves is the saying i believe,.

'Tory'  word meaning ..... Thief,,,in pursuit of !     Not a backbencher causing grief for the opposition.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I did thanks 

 

I know what you are saying but many at the moment are getting the dam and full litters stolen are being stolen from inside the home.

We always used to tie our dog up outside the shop, wouldn't be doing that now.

It's a sad state of affairs. As usual it's the decent members of society who fear the slightest infringement of law, look at how they step on you for a minor driving offence. It's time this country got tough on scum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

It's a sad state of affairs. As usual it's the decent members of society who fear the slightest infringement of law, look at how they step on you for a minor driving offence. It's time this country got tough on scum.

100% 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dog stolen over night on Tyneside found luckily the next morning at the Dublin ferry port in a van load of stolen dogs,members of the travelling community responsible ,dogs from many areas of uk ,organised and gathered to one vehicle at a pre-arranged point.police not bothered .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

It's a sad state of affairs. As usual it's the decent members of society who fear the slightest infringement of law, look at how they step on you for a minor driving offence. It's time this country got tough on scum.


They need to make it legal for people to defend their own property against this scum. 
 

The law is only good when it is effective. When the law fails to act and do anything then it becomes obsolete. 
 

Shocking state of affairs tbh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:


They need to make it legal for people to defend their own property against this scum. 
 

The law is only good when it is effective. When the law fails to act and do anything then it becomes obsolete. 
 

Shocking state of affairs tbh. 

Spot on mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...