Explain how this guy get 21 million of our Taxes ?

Agriv8

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this different to any business owner who supplies equipment to a big organisation? 

I know people made tons of money when that 'Smart Water' nonsence went viral. They were buying container loads, selling them and having the containers shipped directly to the purchaser. They never even handled the goods. Just put the delivery address from their purchase as their buyers address. 

Welcome to the world of business. 

Seems a lot of money, it's the system we have. Seems they are just mad that someone has been successful. 

Don't see them reporting how much Tax Payer money is used to pay the BBC wage bill though do we. 

Ok He’s a businessman a fixer shall we call him ? 

Isn’t this the consignment that was wrong and ended up being shipped by royal airforce. 

I believe purchased under emergency procurement rules rather than usual tender and contracts just stinks of the contract issued to the ferry company with no ferries.

I take your point about the bbc but some of those earning the money will be paying there taxes and some of the money will be spent here.

It like the rumour I heard that the tax office was renting an LARGE office from a Greek registered company so they did not have to pay tax on it !

I know I am a tight Yorkshire Man but there must have been uk companies that could have sorted ‘fixed ‘ this. Do M and S pay this guy £21 million to get bra and underwear sorted every year ? Maybe that’s why there flaming expensive ( before we go down the perv route ) Mrs Agriv8 Christmas present usually requires visiting the marks and Spencer’s ‘over sholder Boulder holder’ dept !

regards Agriv8 

I'm afraid there will be plenty of politicians with grubby fingers who've signed a lot of deals off that whiff. Regardless of their rosette colour, they can't help themselves when they get wined/dined and notes waved in front of them. Plenty of decisions are either poor judgement or influenced by money. Both of which are fairly inexcusable in a normal situation. But hey it's not their money, and none of them get held to account anyway. Depressing.

3 hours ago, Teal said:

I'm afraid there will be plenty of politicians with grubby fingers who've signed a lot of deals off that whiff. Regardless of their rosette colour, they can't help themselves when they get wined/dined and notes waved in front of them. Plenty of decisions are either poor judgement or influenced by money. Both of which are fairly inexcusable in a normal situation. But hey it's not their money, and none of them get held to account anyway. Depressing.

Sad but unfortunately true.

I'm with mel b3 - harsh but probably 100% accurate.

There is no government money, only taxpayers money either extant or yet to be paid. I wonder how many of the people squeaking in outrage over this were similarly outraged by the lack of ppe and demanded “something should be done” immediately.

React in haste, repent at leisure. If someone asks for 20million for acting as a middleman (whatever that is) and it gets paid then good luck to them. Wish it was me.

57 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

There is no government money, only taxpayers money either extant or yet to be paid. I wonder how many of the people squeaking in outrage over this were similarly outraged by the lack of ppe and demanded “something should be done” immediately.

React in haste, repent at leisure. If someone asks for 20million for acting as a middleman (whatever that is) and it gets paid then good luck to them. Wish it was me.

^^^^^^^ This. The only place for blame is this Govt for ignoring advice that PPE will be needed to combat a pandemic.

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

^^^^^^^ This. The only place for blame is this Govt for ignoring advice that PPE will be needed to combat a pandemic.

I wonder if the same people criticising them now, with the benefit of hindsight, would also be criticising them if they had wasted millions on PPE which was simply stored and gathering dust, had there been no pandemic? 🤔

Lets not forget all the lefty media scandalising that would have helped drive a more hurried acquisition route than may have otherwise been used.

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

I wonder if the same people criticising them now, with the benefit of hindsight, would also be criticising them if they had wasted millions on PPE which was simply stored and gathering dust, had there been no pandemic? 🤔

Indeed - hindsight eh?

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

Nothing to do with hindsight. The NHS said it would be required at some point and this Govt chose not to provide it. 

No one could predict the scale the virus would grow to ( they still can’t ) and therefore the quantities needed. 
Everyone is qualified in hindsight. 

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

No one could predict the scale the virus would grow to ( they still can’t ) and therefore the quantities needed. 
Everyone is qualified in hindsight. 

It was predicted in 2016 with the trial Exercise Cygnus. Nothing to do with hindsight more a case of head in the sand. 

38 minutes ago, clangerman said:

this is 21 million reasons not to vote for doris again or if recovered 21 million to vote for him not exactly a hard choice 

Are you saying if Corbyn was in position, or some other Tory MP then they would have only bought entirely fit for purpose PPE, from UK only firms, all at a discount price, and no middlemen would have made any money out of it? :hmm: 

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

It was predicted in 2016 with the trial Exercise Cygnus. Nothing to do with hindsight more a case of head in the sand. 

Or just prioritising of funds maybe?

My partner's uncle was involved in some big studies, might have been that one, he told them they should have loads of stuff stockpiled for a 'what if' pandemic. They instead used the money for other areas. 

The more we throw at the NHS, the more it will take. Everyone wants 5* services with a 2* tax bill.