Anyone know anyone who has (a) died (b) died before their time due to Covid?

Mungler

On 24/12/2020 at 14:06, Newbie to this said:

Add to all that, that even the government can no longer believe that this virus will overwhelm the NHS, otherwise the Nightingale hospital in Excel would not have been dismantled and no longer exist. Yet they are still spouting about hospitals at near bursting capacity.

Something isn't quite right with what is going on. It doesn't quite add up.

with these pop up covid-19 units...................where are the staff going to come from to run them....rekon they will be working a 3 shift system............

you are going to need thousands ..

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

with these pop up covid-19 units...................where are the staff going to come from to run them....rekon they will be working a 3 shift system............

you are going to need thousands ..

I thought 40,000 retired doctors and nurses had volunteered to return to work. None of whom were actually used. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, in today’s news from casa Mungler:

1. before Chrimbo I bought a load of medical grade blood drop Covid test kits - they confirm if you have an active case of Covid (bottom line marker) and whether you have antibodies (middle line marker) and the control is the top line marker. Results are within 10 minutes of the test being carried out.

2. There are 5 of us (I have 3 sons, 19, 16 and 14) and we discovered the eldest and the youngest have had Covid and no one knew it - not a whiff. Everyone else showed clear.

3. We re-tested the family today and it turns out the wife and the middle have had Covid over Xmas and I am now the only one not to show as having it - I think I got it in late 2019 but that’s another story.

4. Looking back and actively searching our minds for clues - on one day, at the dinner table the middle announced that he felt tired (in school holidays he routinely sleeps in to the afternoon and his feeling tired is nothing out of the ordinary) and just before Xmas the Mrs thought she had picked up a cold - that’s it.

Weird eh?

Vivre Le Vitamin C!

Has anyone read, seen or hypothesised themselves as to why this virus is ironing out some but barely scratching others? The quacks must have some clue by now surely? 

Edited by Mungler

4 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Has anyone read, seen or hypothesised themselves as to why this virus is ironing out some but barely scratching others? The quacks must have some clue by now surely? 

As I said in another thread, far too little resource is spent on finding out the whys, and the whos , have had it.

The mantra is simply vaccinate EVERYBODY , and if theyve already had it ? Well it 'should' be OK .
I was gobsmacked to learn they never tested the vaccine on anyone who had tested positive before ?
I even volunteered, they never replied.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

As I said in another thread, far too little resource is spent on finding out the whys, and the whos , have had it.

The mantra is simply vaccinate EVERYBODY , and if theyve already had it ? Well it 'should' be OK .
I was gobsmacked to learn they never tested the vaccine on anyone who had tested positive before ?

There’s a bit of me thinking that if I haven’t copped a dose yet, then (1) what do I have to do to get it, and (2) there must be a very good medical reason why I haven’t had it - I don’t need the birds and the bees book to outline how life at home works with the wife, but I can say our toothbrushes are in the same glass in the bathroom.

Following on, my mind does wander to the question of whether I actually need the vaccine.... 

I know I’ll up having it just to get travel insurance and a plane somewhere hot this year 😝

Edited by Mungler

10 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Vivre Le Vitamin C!

Some people are sidelined every year with colds or flu, some catch every bug going around,  others are rarely ill. 

My guess is you and yours are all fit healthy folk,  good diet etc, compare that to many people you see wandering around living off microwave meals and junk food, there are a generation of people who do very little these days is it any wonder a new super bug Wipes some out?

I've also been taking Vit C it can't hurt can it.

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Mates dad has his jab today. Said that there was a massive number of ‘no shows’. In excess of 50% he said. Shocking. 

On 30/11/2020 at 15:41, oowee said:

I know of two people that died with it. My daughter has signed death tickets for literally hundreds as a doc on a covid ward at Warwick Hospital.

At one point she was signing 7 or 8 tickets a day. She said they changed the rules with Covid to allow just one doctor to sign the ticket if they believe this to be the underlying cause. Avoiding a PM and keeping the mortuary free.

That is very worrying.  When rules are changed just to ease pressure on a department things get scary.

I was acting Coroners Officer for only a short time but ALL cases where checked out thoroughly and no excuses just because someone was a bit busy.  The cause of death had to be specific.

19 minutes ago, Mungler said:

1. before Chrimbo I bought a load of medical grade blood drop Covid test kits - they confirm if you have an active case of Covid (bottom line marker) and whether you have antibodies (middle line marker) and the control is the top line marker. Results are within 10 minutes of the test being carried out.

2. There are 5 of us (I have 3 sons, 19, 16 and 14) and we discovered the eldest and the youngest have had Covid and no one knew it - not a whiff. Everyone else showed clear.

3. We re-tested the family today and it turns out the wife and the middle have had Covid over Xmas and I am now the only one not to show as having it - I think I got it in late 2019 but that’s another story.

4. Looking back and actively searching our minds for clues - on one day, at the dinner table the middle announced that he felt tired (in school holidays he routinely sleeps in to the afternoon and his feeling tired is nothing out of the ordinary) and just before Xmas the Mrs thought she had picked up a cold - that’s it.

Weird eh?

Vivre Le Vitamin C!

Strong genes. I bet you go down like a sack of spuds with the odd dose of man flu though. 

30 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Weird eh?

Vivre Le Vitamin C!

How accurate are these? My wife used the same ones as per of a clinical trial. Three different results over three months. inconclusive, not had it and had it! 

As your prob aware mungo being on my fb. Me the wife and kids tested positive for it back in oct. A lad came into work with a cough and gave it me. said lad ended up in hospital on oxygen and double pneumonia. he spent over a week in hospital aged 46

I had fever, temp (controlled by paracetamol), cough for few days at start and finish, No taste or smell, Rash on my arms. I didn't eat and felt horrid.

I suspect I had the same thing Dec 2019 after some lads from work came back from working in china.

wife had fever, no taste/smell, cough

both kids tested positive but after a couple days of kids crack (Calpol) you wouldn't of known.

now as for deaths, kims uncle had covid and died, I think he was 67 but he also had bad health. It wasn't covid that killed him but it got counted.

My mum works at the hospital in chemistry labs where tests are being done and she said the numbers are on the rise for positive results. she also told me of 2x people she knows at work who have died of it one was in paper aged 50.

my old Labrador George also died of covid on 30th dec,  I had him for 15 years.

Sparkie

1 hour ago, AVB said:

Mates dad has his jab today. Said that there was a massive number of ‘no shows’. In excess of 50% he said. Shocking. 

Cedit where credits due. Not only were we the first to sign off on the vaccine but off to a great start in getting the stuff out there. What a let down with no shows. Imagine how hard it is to get 80 year olds lined up and still doing a great job.

Overall Vaccination Activity • In the week ending the 3rd January a total of 308,541 people received an NHS vaccination for COVID-19 in England. This takes the total vaccinations given since vaccinations began on the 8th of December to 1,112,866. • Priority groups for vaccination in this initial phase were determined by Government following advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) and included care home residents and their carers, frontline health and social care workers and people aged 80 years old and over. • Of the vaccinations provided over this time, 661,224 were provided to people aged 80 years old or over, which is 60% of the total vaccinations given. • Until the 29th December, all vaccinations received for COVID-19 were 1st vaccinations. Between the 29th December and 3rd January, 19,981 2nd vaccinations were given.

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Cedit where credits due. Not only were we the first to sign off on the vaccine but off to a great start in getting the stuff out there. What a let down with no shows. Imagine how hard it is to get 80 year olds lined up and still doing a great job.

Overall Vaccination Activity • In the week ending the 3rd January a total of 308,541 people received an NHS vaccination for COVID-19 in England. This takes the total vaccinations given since vaccinations began on the 8th of December to 1,112,866. • Priority groups for vaccination in this initial phase were determined by Government following advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) and included care home residents and their carers, frontline health and social care workers and people aged 80 years old and over. • Of the vaccinations provided over this time, 661,224 were provided to people aged 80 years old or over, which is 60% of the total vaccinations given. • Until the 29th December, all vaccinations received for COVID-19 were 1st vaccinations. Between the 29th December and 3rd January, 19,981 2nd vaccinations were given.

I am not underplaying the effort but simply highlighting the problem that we will face. Hopefully as the age groups get lower the take up will increase. I have no idea why so many people wouldn’t take advantage of it although one of the paper reported that many ‘old people’ were declining the Pfizer vaccine as they wanted ‘the British one’! 

the subject of take up was mentioned on the PM’s briefing this evening although I wasn’t really listening to the answer. 

Just now, AVB said:

I am not underplaying the effort but simply highlighting the problem that we will face. Hopefully as the age groups get lower the take up will increase. I have no idea why so many people wouldn’t take advantage of it although one of the paper reported that many ‘old people’ were declining the Pfizer vaccine as they wanted ‘the British one’! 

the subject of take up was mentioned on the PM’s briefing this evening although I wasn’t really listening to the answer. 

That's the sort of thing my mum will say when she get lined up :lol:

4 hours ago, Mungler said:

What I should have said is so all your family have now had it except you( if the tests are accurate) and no one has shown any symptoms,  this is why the lockdowns keep happening because people mix and then this thing spreads.

Look at what Sparkie has said above, just think how many people your own family might have normally mixed with over xmas, there could well have been an awful lot more people headed for hospital or worse without the so called draconian measures we are apparently being forced to endure. 

I even had to wash my own car in near freezing conditions the other day😳😳

My MIL (91) has not heard anything about her vaccination but the neighbour a few doors up (mid 70s?) is getting hers next week. Both go to the same surgery.

My OH emailed surgery this morning to find out why

Heard a London Blackcab Taxi Driver we know died of C-19 on New years eve

Edited by Vince Green

• 2 weeks later...

My friend’s business partner died of Covid, otherwise very healthy and active due to retire in April but had been on immunosuppressants fir 30 years after an organ transplant. My neighbour died of it too, elderly and poor health. His son (a horrid little man) lived with him and they had frequent visitors.