Does a renewal mean basically a new application?

RockySpears

1 minute ago, RockySpears said:

What a pain.  They even want to know all my guns.  But they know them all!  Do they think you will slip up and put something down that is NOT on your licence?  Such a waste of time, giving info that they already have

Gawd knows, they all seem to make it up as they go along!

16 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

What a pain.  They even want to know all my guns.  But they know them all!  Do they think you will slip up and put something down that is NOT on your licence?  Such a waste of time, giving info that they already have,

Thank you,

RS

All your guns? That’s a new one! 🙂

Looks that way. 

Please note: don't use the back button in your browser while you're completing this form, or it will lose anything you've added.

Shotgun(s) and / or firearm(s)

Do you own a firearm or firearms?

Details of the firearms you own

Firearm

Firearm 1

Calibre (Metric or imperial)
Type

Make
Serial number

Reason (eg target shooting, vermin control. Please provide land/club details.)

Security arrangements element group
How do you secure the firearms element group

Security arrangements

etc etc

RS

46 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

What a pain.  They even want to know all my guns.  But they know them all!  Do they think you will slip up and put something down that is NOT on your licence?  Such a waste of time, giving info that they already have,

Thank you,

RS

You wouldn't the first person to have guns the police have forgotten to ad to your records or have added extra ones you don't have  

1 hour ago, RockySpears said:

Thank you,

RS

What area are you ? 

although you always had to list guns (firearms) and ammunition on renewal on the paper form 

don’t forget to check the email spam bin after you sent your payment for your code to continue filling in the form 

should only take up 2 or 3 hours 🙄

3 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

Cleveland.

You can't save the damn form either.  Has to be in one fell swoop.  Need all your referees dates of births etc etc too.  One not answering phone at the moment so may have to start all over again.  Paper one if I do.

What a damn pain.

1 1/2 hrs so far,

RS

Took me 3 attempts and 4 hours each time 

only paper form option was to surrender license 🤭

however frustrating I did manage to do it 

screen shots are good plan 🤭

4 minutes ago, London Best said:

I renewed earlier this year and went the paper route as I knew if I tried to do it on line there would be issues. I am not very ‘computer’ an have fingers like cow’s teats anyway.

Likewise except for the fingers. I've just been given the Section 28B eight week extension, but anyone renewing about now is going to face an extendedv wait - almost inevitably so - and remember if you do go the paper route you've lost your certificates for the duration should you need something. I've asked for my FAC to be returned as I'm expecting a new rifle but have had no response as yet.

I've always had to send my old certificate off, they like to check your ammo usage and don't like old certificates still being in circulation.

I always photocopy everything before I send it off. I have kept all the copies from the last few renewals too, just in case.

At least its only every five years now, it used to be three

Edited by Vince Green

21 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I've always had to send my old certificate off, they like to check your ammo usage and don't like old certificates still being in circulation.

I always photocopy everything before I send it off. I have kept all the copies from the last few renewals too, just in case.

At least its only every five years now, it used to be three

hi vince. i do it the other way round to you, i will send them a photo copy of mine and keep the original until the feo brings my new one.