Tier 4

Mice!

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Now its tier 4 in the Southeast,  with no mixing at Christmas at all. 

The rest of the country have been told only mix on Xmas day.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1374578/Tier-4-full-list-what-areas-are-in-Tier-4-evg

I'm in tear 3 but can pop down the rd to Newport Shropshire thats in tear 2 for a pint and a burger doesn't make sense tbh

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Ah well. Looks like my syndicate shoot in Wales today was the last of the season. We have only had 2 weekends (not wanting to disturb the birds every week) the entire season. 

Looks like we can still shoot if we stay in our local authority area here in Scotland. The shoots that had guns lined up from outside of their area but who could travel, are now screwed. Far from clear so will have to see what comes out of the shooting organisations!

I am in tier 2 but just 3 miles from the ‘border’ with tier 4. The children’s school (now closed for Christmas) is in tier 4 and the majority of our shopping would have been done in tier 4. Luckily the two nearest pubs are both tier 2 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I have to agree with this. 
They’re saying people can’t go to see their families for more than one day, within their own country, but only ‘advising against’ international travel! Eh? 
I can’t see many complying personally. 

I think there will be lots of people breaking the rules. I already know of one woman who is travelling 200 miles from tier 4 to tier 3 to see her son and another (a teacher) who will be travelling 300 miles from tier 4 to tier 1 to spend time with her mother. 

34 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

so lock down in january.

He needs to do a full lockdown. Construction industry manufacturing, offices schools, colleges and universities etc. across the board obviously food shops tesco's etc staying open.

He relaxed the first lockdown way too soon, it was working. But what with students pretty much on the lash all the time and the biggest employer the construction industry allowed to continue for no other reason than the economy we are pretty much screwed again.

3 minutes ago, fatchap said:

He needs to do a full lockdown. Construction industry manufacturing, offices schools, colleges and universities etc. across the board obviously food shops tesco's etc staying open.

He relaxed the first lockdown way too soon, it was working. But what with students pretty much on the lash all the time and the biggest employer the construction industry allowed to continue for no other reason than the economy we are pretty much screwed again.

Yes & just ask father Xmas to pick up the bill 👌

19 minutes ago, fatchap said:

“For no other reason than the economy”. What a classic. What are the other reasons then? 

15 minutes ago, fatchap said:

It all depends on how covid secure work places our, my spot has been split into zones, we are tested weekly and able to keep your distance ( if you want to!!) But many can't or won't,  like your place and others.

Schools are obviously spreading things, I expected tier 4 to say schools are closed. 

There are too many bits of restrictions,  a proper lockdown in October and we might have been enjoying xmas, not letting the Southeast (got it right) carry on like nothing is happening while parts of the Northwest have been in restrictions for months now.

Just now, fatchap said:

Well top of the list for me is peoples health, I would say the people who voted conservative but then we are back to money again.

And where does the money come from to pay people and the health service etc if we lock everything down for months on end as you want?  

1 minute ago, AVB said:

And where does the money come from to pay people and the health service etc if we lock everything down for months on end as you want?  

You are correct where will the money come from to pay for another full lockdown. But in all honesty looking at the mess we are in now, what other option has he got?

2 minutes ago, Jega said:

What did you expect , Regent Street two weeks ago 5/12/20 ,complete with crowd marshall chap in hi-viz yellow tabard and no mask .

regent street.jpg

And how did all those people get there? Public transport doubt they drove or walked., obviously the rules are well out the window there as well.

2 minutes ago, fatchap said:

You are correct where will the money come from to pay for another full lockdown. But in all honesty looking at the mess we are in now, what other option has he got?

Other option? He needs to get a grip or move over and let someone else do the job. 

2 minutes ago, Jega said:

What did you expect , Regent Street two weeks ago 5/12/20 ,complete with crowd marshall chap in hi-viz yellow tabard and no mask .

regent street.jpg

Those in London and the SE extracting the urine as usual - infection rates at end of lockdown were nearly twice those in the north but they were put in tier 2 whilst the north is in 3.   Granted rates in 3 rose as non essential shops opened and xmas shopping started but only by a few % not over 100% 

9 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Those in London and the SE extracting the urine as usual - infection rates at end of lockdown were nearly twice those in the north but they were put in tier 2 whilst the north is in 3.   Granted rates in 3 rose as non essential shops opened and xmas shopping started but only by a few % not over 100% 

Does anyone know what tier they are in or what the rules are? 

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

Other option? He needs to get a grip or move over and let someone else do the job. 

Looking at the state of him on tonight's live news he did look pretty broken. I've seen blokes carried out the ring after 2 rounds with Mike Tyson looking better than him.

Probably is time for him to step aside and let someone else make a whole load of new mistakes.

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Does anyone know what tier they are in or what the rules are? 

At the time of that picture I think we was in Tier 2

27 minutes ago, Jega said:

regent street.jpg

I was there yesterday evening. Not busy at all (and before anybody has a rant I drove up there as my daughter had a doctors appointment) 

7E47C241-E678-42E9-975A-868F9231BC52.jpeg

8 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Looking at the state of him on tonight's live news he did look pretty broken. I've seen blokes carried out the ring after 2 rounds with Mike Tyson looking better than him.

Probably is time for him to step aside and let someone else make a whole load of new mistakes.

At the time of that picture I think we was in Tier 2

It's too complicated! There are no rules! The science is not being followed! There is no consistency! It is being done to us not with us! The people cannot own a top down plan imposed without conviction. 

Boris is the wrong person for the job. Top down is not the answer. 

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

It's too complicated! There are no rules! The science is not being followed! There is no consistency! It is being done to us not with us! The people cannot own a top down plan imposed without conviction. 

Who do you suggest would make a better job of it then....and don't say that paper hat Starmer.   It realy is a poisoned chalice whatver he does. My view, open up the whole country and the devil take the hindmost.  Get businesses back to work and stop destroying the country.  All but a few snowflakes I speak to are in agreement.

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Boris never was or could ever be the guy for this.  He can lead people in a spirit of optimism when he can buoy things up, but he is hapless in this circumstance.

I think regardless of who was in the big seat  just now it is style over substance, but BoJo’s style just does not suit this situation.

Although I really don’t like him, someone like Ken Clarke would have done well in how he presented to the public, i don’t think he would have done any better in real terms, but I think his sober demeanour would have carried well.