Channel Migrants

ditchman

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

I agree wholeheartedly but you cannot take away the rights of migrants without taking away the rights of citizens.

Of course you can , one is a citizen you are sworn to serve and protect, the other is err, not.
If a complete stranger knocks on your door , you dont give them board and lodgings to the detriment of your family do you ?

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Look at the forthcoming bonfire of EU legislation. It all erodes the rights of everyone else.

Again , you dont know this until it happens, and I suspect it will happen very slowly , over an extended period of time.

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

We already have a police force with inadequate checks on people in power, do we really want to allow them to act with impunity? 

The police , police by consent , until that changes , they will never be able to act with impunity.
And as far as inadequate checks on people in power, they dont need this , they already have enough, there is always a danger in giving too much , and most cops already believe they have more powers than they actually do.

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

This has been a problem of the Govt's own making there is simply no planning and no preparation.  All comes a bit late when the horse has bolted. 

Funny how the last labour government didnt pick up on all these shortfalls ?
They were too busy laying the groundwork for the migrant problem we have now, and signing us up , without mandate , to even more EU stupidity.

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

Another perfect example of a shody response to the crisis. Why are children housed with adults? Cruella should resign over permitting this overcrowding. 

You do know a teenager doesnt have to be a child right ?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Of course you can , one is a citizen you are sworn to serve and protect, the other is err, not.
If a complete stranger knocks on your door , you dont give them board and lodgings to the detriment of your family do you ?  Nothing like the same thing.

Again , you dont know this until it happens, and I suspect it will happen very slowly , over an extended period of time.

The effects will be felt over time. I don't know of course but read the tea leaves. 

The police , police by consent , until that changes , they will never be able to act with impunity.
And as far as inadequate checks on people in power, they dont need this , they already have enough, there is always a danger in giving too much , and most cops already believe they have more powers than they actually do.

??? Not sure you followed the press this week about pedo's and sex offenders in the police and the need to tighten control. Even the police were saying control is inadequate. 

Take away the rules that they operate under of course they will act with impunity. Out of sight out of mind.

Funny how the last labour government didnt pick up on all these shortfalls ?
They were too busy laying the groundwork for the migrant problem we have now, and signing us up , without mandate , to even more EU stupidity.

What on earth have they got to do with anything? Its a shambles even the Tories say so. 

24 minutes ago, henry d said:

Yes, and so what?

The level of immigration in this country is a joke, that's what. Especially when successive governments have been elected on manifestos to reduce it drastically, all the while allowing it to continue in massive numbers.

We will end up with a far right government (and I mean a real far right one, not this centre left one that the lefties like to call far right) if this continues, and that is bad news for everyone.

59 minutes ago, oowee said:

I can understand that sentiment but at the same time without a law based system we are simply nothing. 

We have a law based system, its based on giving the benefit of the doubt to asylum seekers, not pursuing any data that disproves their claims, and giving multiple appeal options , before finally caving in and letting them stay.
They then ring home , tell their mates what a great time theyre having, and to get themselves over here sharpish, along with some helpful tips on how to get in.
I would imagine any genuine refugees get shoved aside by the people traffikers, as dead weight.

We are trying to combat a system designed and proven to succeed in getting people residency, with an outdated 'British fair play' approach.

34 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

The level of immigration in this country is a joke, that's what. Especially when successive governments have been elected on manifestos to reduce it drastically, all the while allowing it to continue in massive numbers.

We will end up with a far right government (and I mean a real far right one, not this centre left one that the lefties like to call far right) if this continues, and that is bad news for everyone.

Governments elected on a manifesto to reduce immigration you mean the Tories? Ah I guess you would also count the Brexit vote. All misleading nonsense. I doubt a far right govt would get in as only half (or so) the tories are far right and the rest would vote against them,

The control is a joke and needs a total rethink not Rwanda or Cruela. 

Information that might or might not be pertinent to the debate, I think it is.

England is the most densely populated 'normal' country in Europe according to this ....

https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries

Click on Density to sort by that.

I was surprised, I thought the Netherlands and Belgium had a higher figure. Surprisingly Germany has only 53% the population density of England, Italy 44%,  France 25% and Spain 20%.

Click 'Show Source' in the top right for the link to the UN source.

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

Governments elected on a manifesto to reduce immigration you mean the Tories?

Yes governments, there has been more than one Conservative government elected on a manifesto to reduce immigration both illegal and legal.

Ah I guess you would also count the Brexit vote.

I don't believe I mentioned that.

All misleading nonsense.

Lies, outright lies. Not nonsense.

I doubt a far right govt would get in as only half (or so) the tories are far right and the rest would vote against them,

I hope you are right and it doesn't happen, but, these levels of immigration are not sustainable. And sooner or later people will vote for those who will stop it. Not sure what the centre left party that is the Conservatives has to do with anything though.

The control is a joke and needs a total rethink

On this bit we can agree.

not Rwanda or Cruela. 

Not this bit though.

Edited by Newbie to this

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Another perfect example of a shody response to the crisis. Why are children housed with adults? Cruella should resign over permitting this overcrowding. 

Maybe so, but until all this is sorted out, not one person that turns up on our shores un a dingy should stay in this country and should be immediately returned to France. 

Why should we be taking risks with our childrens safety or any other UK citizen? 

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Absolutely spot on. 

When democracy is suprressed, the far right will rise just like Nazi Germany after ww1. 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Yes, and so what?

I know you don't like to answer questions that dont fit your agenda and instead like to make smug virtue signalling remarks, so like usual I won't hold my breath for a reply. 

At what point would you say enough is enough, how many million migrants would you allow to freely walk into the UK without vetting before even you agreed we couldn't take anymore? 

How many rapes, murders and terrorist attacks committed at the hands of unvetted migrants would you find acceptable before you also agreed we had to stop them coming? 

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Yes, and so what?

Henry

One in six born outside England and Wales is part of the reason there is a shortage of housing, accessing school places, NHS waiting times and many other difficulties.

It is also the reason there are so many areas in large cities where white people are a small minority and are afraid to go out at night.

I have seen you mention on this forum how you served our country, but you so often sound like a lower deck lawyer Iam glad we never shared a mess. 

5 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Will just leave this here ,

As utterly shocking as it is, this is the result of allowing unvetted individuals to land on our shores unabated. The damage that has and will continue to be done to this country is frightening and unfortunately almost certainly too late to reverse. I hope our politicians and those supporting our ridiculous immigration laws are proud of themselves 🤬

On 02/11/2022 at 13:51, Rewulf said:

Any evidence that the gluing is a real thing ? Or just heresay.
Islamic law holds homosexuality as a crime against god , and is punishable by death, that is the kind of culture that keeps landing in dinghies.
If they find their own country too barbaric for them, they have every right to exit at the earliest opportunity, but dont bring elements of that barbarism with them.

Yes, they are not really hiding what they are doing but I guess you didn't even bother to look for it since it doesn't fit your agenda?

/M

4 hours ago, Nuke said:

Yes, they are not really hiding what they are doing but I guess you didn't even bother to look for it since it doesn't fit your agenda?

/M

Would that mean you support those mostly prime of life military age males not even attempting to hide their gradually growing enclaves and gangs to install their sharia law against women here. Some of us do in fact look and see what is happening because so few of them are bringing their wives and children ....yet.

14 hours ago, Stuarta said:

Henry

One in six born outside England and Wales is part of the reason there is a shortage of housing, accessing school places, NHS waiting times and many other difficulties.

It is also the reason there are so many areas in large cities where white people are a small minority and are afraid to go out at night.

I have seen you mention on this forum how you served our country, but you so often sound like a lower deck lawyer Iam glad we never shared a mess. 

As per the bold above, is part.

Unfortunately the OP probably thinks it's the migrants doing but it isn't we took in the majority of these people as we needed them, now they are being used to get a reaction against the current milieu. 

Perhaps a little more thinking about the other reasons why we have a lack of housing (selling of council property?), lack of investment and reorganisation of the NHS (Boris bus?), new schools built without the possibility to take in growing number of children, yada yada!

What does my military service have to do with anything? Just having a dig ?

Edited by henry d

To the people who say, return them to France immediately, please explain how, France isn't going to accept them. the only way to stop it is to take away the reasons they want to come here for, if that means placing them in internment style camps then so be it, don't put them in hotels make their life here as unpleasant as possible, the word would soon get down the line that its not all milk and honey.

9 minutes ago, Chris B123 said:

To the people who say, return them to France immediately, please explain how, France isn't going to accept them. the only way to stop it is to take away the reasons they want to come here for, if that means placing them in internment style camps then so be it, don't put them in hotels make their life here as unpleasant as possible, the word would soon get down the line that its not all milk and honey.

Your right, Macron does not care how many leave France to get over the channel to UK shores, 🤔

34 minutes ago, henry d said:

As per the bold above, is part.

Unfortunately the OP probably thinks it's the migrants doing but it isn't we took in the majority of these people as we needed them, now they are being used to get a reaction against the current milieu. 

Perhaps a little more thinking about the other reasons why we have a lack of housing (selling of council property?), lack of investment and reorganisation of the NHS (Boris bus?), new schools built without the possibility to take in growing number of children, yada yada!

What does my military service have to do with anything? Just having a dig ?

So much nonsense. 

"We needed them" Define who "we" is? 

Migrants have been brilliant for large companies by artificially lowering employment costs and lowering wages for the working classes, zero hour contracts ect. 

The downsides are huge, loss of NHS capacity, house prices driven up, policing and school places put under strain, infrastructure, traffic. The list goes on and on, but I suppose none of that matters if you have tens of millions or more in disposable income in the bank. 

As always I won't hold my breath for a response.