Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

No the UK wasn't invaded, but they attempted to bomb us out of existence in civilian areas and had they won the battle of Britain I'm sure it would have been on the cards. The point remains that we absolutely should not have agreed to give up parts of our country and neither should Ukraine, just because a bulling neighbour wants their country. 

Completely agree, I don't remember saying they should.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, henry d said:

OK, just watched the news and the Russian foreign minister stated that they started the special operations (war) because of NATO intervention in Ukraine. So I suppose that gets rid of anything to do with the Eastern oblasts. 

Can we now drop that as an excuse as it comes directly from official Russian sources!

That NATO intervention was the supply of arms and training of Ukranian Government forces to take back the eastern oblasts by force......

6 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

And why won't Russia run out of money and equipment? So far russia appears to be fairing alot worse than the west in that department at the moment. 

It's entirely possible. Russia is now the most sanctioned country in the world after the 8th round. The big difference with the countries putting on the sanctions is it has the vast natural resource base and large manufacturing base. 

How many more sanctions can Ursula declare before you lose count? 

How many before you say what was the purpose again?

7 hours ago, mchughcb said:

It's entirely possible. Russia is now the most sanctioned country in the world after the 8th round. The big difference with the countries putting on the sanctions is it has the vast natural resource base and large manufacturing base. 

How many more sanctions can Ursula declare before you lose count? 

How many before you say what was the purpose again?

I think the best thing that can happen now is Putin declare his "special military operation" and its objectives complete and withdraw from Ukrainian territory, preferably including Crimea. 

So multi billion pipelines get blown up in Europe's backyard and nobody still knows who or why. How strange.

It is strange, admittedly nearly as strange as Russia shelling itself at the nuclear plant, but putin needs to end this now, he's the cause of this war at the end of the day. 

So multi billion pipelines get blown up in Europe's backyard and nobody still knows who or why. How strange.

I'm sure that it takes time to find the evidence of what caused the damage, its not like we can call up CSI Baltic and find out in an hour 

50 minutes ago, henry d said:

I'm sure that it takes time to find the evidence of what caused the damage, its not like we can call up CSI Baltic and find out in an hour 

No point. Find conclusive evidence and present it to the world and the Putin lovers will still declare NATO conspiracy.

EDIT:

Might as well stick an investigation of who just blew up Sauron’s favourite bridge on the list too. He is not going to like that. Nevertheless, his invasion and his war is going to plan and he remains a master tactician at all times etc. 

Edited by Mungler

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think the best thing that can happen now is Putin declare his "special military operation" and its objectives complete and withdraw from Ukrainian territory, preferably including Crimea. 

It is strange, admittedly nearly as strange as Russia shelling itself at the nuclear plant, but putin needs to end this now, he's the cause of this war at the end of the day. 

Maybe giving up Crimea would cause civil war on the peninsular. My friends father was a Russian naval admiral and she was brought up there. She tells me with all of the naval community the support to be Russian is very strong. Her view that they have always been Russian. 

That said she is well out of it living in Dubai but her family remains. Interesting that such a well traveled woman should also support the wider Russian rhetoric. 

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

Maybe giving up Crimea would cause civil war on the peninsular. My friends father was a Russian naval admiral and she was brought up there. She tells me with all of the naval community the support to be Russian is very strong. Her view that they have always been Russian. 

That said she is well out of it living in Dubai but her family remains. Interesting that such a well traveled woman should also support the wider Russian rhetoric. 

Russia has already fully cleansed and shuffled the chess pieces around in Crimea and it probably should be left alone, as is - a bridge too far.

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Well what the hell are the navy intelligence for? The Danes would know every ship that passed there. If we are talking about subs we have narrowed the field.

4 hours ago, Mungler said:

Might as well stick an investigation of who just blew up Sauron’s favourite bridge on the list too. He is not going to like that. Nevertheless, his invasion and his war is going to plan and he remains a master tactician at all times etc. 

Interested to know your thoughts on who is responsible.
Ukrainian strike/sabotage ?

Or Russian false flag ?

I am divided, but what does seem rather certain , that Russian nuke attack is a couple of steps closer.
So , provocation by Ukraine , 'daring' Russia to do it , or Russia validating its reasons to do it ?
Im genuinely stumped now, but whatever happens , its not going to be good.

2 hours ago, mchughcb said:

Well what the hell are the navy intelligence for? The Danes would know every ship that passed there. If we are talking about subs we have narrowed the field.

dont need subs or submersibles..........just send a few cleaning slugs down the pipe loaded with explosive and timers

33 minutes ago, ditchman said:

dont need subs or submersibles..........just send a few cleaning slugs down the pipe loaded with explosive and timers

I very nearly mentioned this , its a plot stolen from the James Bond film , The World is not Enough.
Pretty sure the pipe needs to be empty of gas though ? 

Still , questionable motives from the Russian end, and pressure drops can be monitored from both ends.

It certainly seems to be taking a long time to gather any evidence , the depths so close to the island cant be too extreme.
A bit like the evidence of the 'massacre' at Izyum , how long does it take to get evidence ?
All very quiet in my opinion. Too quiet.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Or Russian false flag ?

I am divided, but what does seem rather certain , that Russian nuke attack is a couple of steps closer.
So , provocation by Ukraine , 'daring' Russia to do it , or Russia validating its reasons to do it ?

I find your wording interesting. 

"provocation by Ukraine" ect

If Russia pushes a big red button without being nuked first, Putin deserves everything he gets in return, Ukraine will not be responsible for that. 

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Or Russian false flag ?

Deffo not false flag - he loved that bridge 😆

It’s looking like a very modern missile strike but being covered as bomb on the fuel section of the cargo train or something launched from a boat drone. 

My 2p, NATO gave the Ukranians the latest kit to publicly wallop Putin’s favourite bridge on his birthday, to weaken him in Russia. If you’re the hard man and winning you get forgiven for anything in Russia, and Putin’s image of master tactician and in charge of the hardest army, well….. he’s going to need a new PR agency 

47 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I find your wording interesting. 

"provocation by Ukraine" ect

OK , perhaps a poor choice of words, but what I said after that gives it context.
Does Ukraine want Russia to use a nuke , or two ?
Then further measures could be taken against them ?

If Ukraine DOESNT want nukes used on itself, why would it attack a piece of infrastructure that might provoke this ?

Ill clarify , Putin has said all options are on the table, especially if Russian infrastructure is attacked, then all of a sudden , 2 pieces of important Russian infrastructure are attacked.
Can you see what Im saying ?
Or, is it the Russians hitting their own stuff , so they can somehow justify using nukes?
And if this is the case , why would bods at the Ukrainian defence ministry start gloating over it , insinuating that theyve done it ?