old'un

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Jaymo said:

I think ‘Jail time’ would actually be the best deterrent. 
Would have the lifelong impact in their future lives! Jobs, loans etc 

Sadly not, maybe it would enable more idleness and disruption due to them not being able to  get a job? No answer to this as with all of the countries ailments?

Wokesville is us?

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Best thing would be a dictatorship and get rid of this bothersome democracy and free speech stuff. 

Ahh you mean the educated. 

Careful, Henry may be lurking? you could end up categorised with me as being being way right of any fascist or despot he can think of?

Apologies Henry, it was just too comical to miss a ping back.

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ahh…..no, I mean the freethinkers. 
Was just thinking, if we did away with democracy at least you’d still be in the EU! 👍

The great thing with democracy is its like the hokey cokey. 👍

🙂 I would settle for unrestricted travel just now. 

15 hours ago, oowee said:

I would settle for unrestricted travel just now. 

It seems fairly unrestricted in the EU , in that anyone from the 3rd world appears to be free to  travel through it, visa less, passport less, and with no visible means of financial support ?
Miraculously , they appear to be toting a fully internet enabled , charged smartphone, to call back home to the wife and kids they left behind in their shattered war torn country, that they had to flee from because they were gay ?

Perhaps if you want unrestricted travel , you will have to alter your parameters :lol:

48 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It seems fairly unrestricted in the EU , in that anyone from the 3rd world appears to be free to  travel through it, visa less, passport less, and with no visible means of financial support ?
Miraculously , they appear to be toting a fully internet enabled , charged smartphone, to call back home to the wife and kids they left behind in their shattered war torn country, that they had to flee from because they were gay ?

Perhaps if you want unrestricted travel , you will have to alter your parameters :lol:

😂 I think I am resigned to living out of the EU (probably Turkey) although my wife is keen to use her EU passport. I can see some conflict coming 🤪

37 minutes ago, oowee said:

😂 I think I am resigned to living out of the EU (probably Turkey) although my wife is keen to use her EU passport. I can see some conflict coming 🤪

I can too , its never far away between Turkey and Greece :lol:

But seriously, I looked at Turkey for a retirement idea (its a while away yet) but just lately its not looking so attractive, that inflation rate is frightening.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Could that be because they don't want them to stay but keep travelling our way?

Chatting the other day with someone whose daughter was said to be involved in the allocation of benefits to the boaters, supposedly a mobile phone and sky subscription are classed as essentials? Sadly the same doesn't seem to apply to our homeless.

36 minutes ago, old man said:

Could that be because they don't want them to stay but keep travelling our way?

You know it , Im surprised there isnt sign posts with dinghies on them a 1000 miles out from Calais.

37 minutes ago, old man said:

Chatting the other day with someone whose daughter was said to be involved in the allocation of benefits to the boaters, supposedly a mobile phone and sky subscription are classed as essentials? Sadly the same doesn't seem to apply to our homeless.

I dont know about the TV subscription , but the UN has designated a fast internet connection as a basic human requirement.

Acknowledging internet access as a human right follows an announcement by the UN in 2016 that “measures to intentionally prevent or disrupt access to or dissemination of information online (is) in violation of international human rights law.”

• 2 weeks later...

Now Sir David Attenborough has been targeted - apparently for eating in a fish restaurant which is "a symbol of excess and inequality."

Now I always thought that Sir David was very much a friend of our climate and has been very clear on his worries over climate change.  The real reason, once again is that is is really about the left targeting what they see as 'privilege'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11447039/Eco-zealot-arrested-tried-confront-Sir-David-Attenborough-ate-fish-restaurant.html

Paid agitators,it has been said that the retirement age ring leaders each received a 25k lump sum payment from none other than our dear friend Klaus Schwab & the WEF,every little helps to push the climate change agenda & eventually have us all without transport,ever wonder why the police won't deal with these protestors?

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Now Sir David Attenborough has been targeted - apparently for eating in a fish restaurant which is "a symbol of excess and inequality."

Now I always thought that Sir David was very much a friend of our climate and has been very clear on his worries over climate change.  The real reason, once again is that is is really about the left targeting what they see as 'privilege'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11447039/Eco-zealot-arrested-tried-confront-Sir-David-Attenborough-ate-fish-restaurant.html

Most of his documentaries where made overseas. Now he's not making as many he is lecturing us on reducing our carbon footprints. I wonder what his lifetime carbon footprint is. 

23 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

I wonder what his lifetime carbon footprint is. 

I'm sure it is huge - but I don't really know when he started to become 'climate aware'.  As a slight aside, it is amazing how many flights there are just over 'quiet' parts of the UK.  I took this photo on my morning (around dawn) dog walk about a week ago.

Aircraft trails.jpeg