Here comes Boris

TIGHTCHOKE

👍 So we need much more labour given the full employment and significant vacancies. My point is not about the wherewithal of the need but the lack of discussion on the subject. You would expect given brexit that we would have a series of white papers setting out a direction of travel for each of the topic areas. The lack of papers reflects the toxic nature of the subject areas with the voter base. 

I think this is a decent post. Not sure if anyone has the answers, but not discussing or planning doesn't seem the best way forward.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, oowee said:

👍 So we need much more labour given the full employment and significant vacancies. My point is not about the wherewithal of the need but the lack of discussion on the subject. You would expect given brexit that we would have a series of white papers setting out a direction of travel for each of the topic areas. The lack of papers reflects the toxic nature of the subject areas with the voter base. 

Your right, we do in very specific targeted areas, what we definitely don't need is mass uncontrollable migration, which is what we have at the moment. 

Politics is in a right mess! 

3 hours ago, Rem260 said:

Why do we need to import people from other countries into the services and care sector. There are over 375,00 16 -24 year olds unemployed. What's stopping them filling these vacancies most are probably still living at home. Plus the rest of the unemployed who are happy to claim benefits. There is no stigma anymore for those milking the system. Labour only reinforces this type of lifestyle.

I can understand that not everyone wants to work in the care sector,  it certainly wouldn't be for me.

BUT I see no reason why fit able bodied youngsters are paid to sit at home in their parents houses, I'd like to see them made to go out and earn the money that they are given, make them do 37hrs litter picking or something else that needs doing in their community.

Then you have those who know their better of not working, with multiple kids and are happy knowing they won't have to work, I'd put a limit on the time they can claim for, people shouldn't be happy sitting at home.

The benefits system should be a temporary safety net, not a lifestyle choice.

looks like boris has the backing of 100 min now..due to sign up....if that is the case we all know what the outcome is going to be.....and the wallpaper will not be needed to be changed at 10 downing street

the media are going to wet themselves with delight...if that is the case

3 hours ago, old'un said:

16 -24 year olds unemployed …..my nice is 24 she is qualified in child care, been out of work for two years, spends most of her time in her bedroom on social media talking to her mates who are in a similar situation, unemployed, I asked her the other day if she had managed to find a job, she replied, no, just waiting for the right job and money to come along, I honestly don't believe she really wants to work, she dose not get out of bed till 10am.

You should be training/working or if not then have to do a year of national service of social work. Get the entitled **** off their rear ends.

50 minutes ago, ditchman said:

looks like boris has the backing of 100 min now..due to sign up....if that is the case we all know what the outcome is going to be.....and the wallpaper will not be needed to be changed at 10 downing street

the media are going to wet themselves with delight...if that is the case

Tory MPs have told the BBC's political Editor Chris Mason the claims Mr Johnson has reached the threshold to enter the first round of voting in the Conservative leadership race are "hogwash".

47 minutes ago, old'un said:

Tory MPs have told the BBC's political Editor Chris Mason the claims Mr Johnson has reached the threshold to enter the first round of voting in the Conservative leadership race are "hogwash".

Wishful thinking , Boris is back , end of.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

:lol:  'tis strange times we live in..boris is waiting for the media to finish ......rekon he is just starting to ring round after his 2 week holiday.......

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

I can understand that not everyone wants to work in the care sector,  it certainly wouldn't be for me.

BUT I see no reason why fit able bodied youngsters are paid to sit at home in their parents houses, I'd like to see them made to go out and earn the money that they are given, make them do 37hrs litter picking or something else that needs doing in their community.

Then you have those who know their better of not working, with multiple kids and are happy knowing they won't have to work, I'd put a limit on the time they can claim for, people shouldn't be happy sitting at home.

The benefits system should be a temporary safety net, not a lifestyle choice.

That was tried years ago bud, it didn't work as they were beyond control, refusing then going sick at the slightest pressure. If the police can't do it, no chance for others.

"Uman rites" to do sod all.

Edited by old man

Not really sure what to say about the young people's work situation: From 16 years old until i graduated from Uni i had a summer job, waiting tables, working on building sites, on the bins with the council, or working on the factory floor. So did all of my friends. Competition was quite stiff for summer jobs! ...with one exception, the local care homes were crying out for staff......i did it for one summer it was far far harder work than any of the other jobs i did! The people who do those jobs deserve every penny they get. 

Just now, old man said:

That was tried years ago bud, it didn't work as they were beyond control, refusing then going sick at the slightest pressure. If the police can't do it, no chance for others.

Yeah I realise there isn't much chance of the scroungers getting reeled in, but something needs to be done, even stopping people going straight from education to signing on would be a start. 

18 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Yeah I realise there isn't much chance of the scroungers getting reeled in, but something needs to be done, even stopping people going straight from education to signing on would be a start. 

I think what needs to be done to get more workers into care homes is give them financial rewards they merit. Like most of this type of work, the rate of pay has been kept artificially low with cheap foreign labour and more workers than jobs. This has all changed now and care homes must stop being financial cash cows for owners and shareholders. They need to start investing in the people at the pointy end……. The carers. Once wages are tempting only then will they get quality staff who will stay long term. 

I know a person who has had to do into a residential home and is being charged £4500 a month for the privilege.   They worked hard all their lives and never drew a penny.  AND when their savings get down to approx £23000 they'll have to sell their house to continue to pay the home fee.  When / if they are still alive when the money has been absorbed they'll be  removed to some other residence ..HOLE.  It's every man Jack for his bit of match wood. If I were Boris I'd have stayed out in the sun with the wife and kids and then gone on the speech circuit like bliar.   He ain't exactly short of a million or two so why go for the hassle.  The other week I read that they were on the Costa  in Spain and Boris  wife, kids and security docked in to some hotel, asked if they could cool off in the pool.   The owner was chuffed and had a selfie taken with  Boris in the pool.  MAGIC.

1 hour ago, elgreco said:

I think what needs to be done to get more workers into care homes is give them financial rewards they merit. Like most of this type of work, the rate of pay has been kept artificially low with cheap foreign labour and more workers than jobs. This has all changed now and care homes must stop being financial cash cows for owners and shareholders. They need to start investing in the people at the pointy end……. The carers. Once wages are tempting only then will they get quality staff who will stay long term. 

100% when you hear the figures people are charged for care homes, staff being on low wages makes no sense, and won't encourage others into the industry. 

12 hours ago, elgreco said:

That sounds a bit far left? The system of today dictates the opposite currently in use of stacking it away to prevent others having a sniff?

12 hours ago, Minky said:

I know a person who has had to do into a residential home and is being charged £4500 a month for the privilege.   They worked hard all their lives and never drew a penny.  AND when their savings get down to approx £23000 they'll have to sell their house to continue to pay the home fee.  When / if they are still alive when the money has been absorbed they'll be  removed to some other residence ..HOLE.  

Just a point of law. When a person is in care home and the money runs out the council can't remove them from the home they are in and transfer them somewhere cheaper if they have been there two years. They are classed as settled and are protected by their dreaded human rights 

That doesn't stop the councils trying mind you

Actually £4500 a month is quite cheap. When we were looking for somewhere for my late mother we were looking at £6000 +

You can stay in a very nice hotel for that

Edited by Vince Green

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gordon Bennett!

So will it be Sunak or Johnson?

still think it will be joris bohnson..........life just has a habit of throwing curved balls

personally i just dont trust sunak....he maybe a clever money man....but i dont think he is one bit remotely in the people of this country.....we are just a means to supplying what he wants......he wants to show his father-in-law that he is da man bro 

Just now, ditchman said:

still think it will be joris bohnson..........life just has a habit of throwing curved balls

personally i just dont trust sunak....he maybe a clever money man....but i dont think he is one bit remotely in the people of this country.....we are just a means to supplying what he wants......he wants to show his father-in-law that he is da man bro 

And you think Boris is?

Rishi Sunak as turned down the deal put forward by Boris Johnson, Sunak is going all out for the Tory leadership, but a spokesperson for Boris said, they are hoping for more talks with Penny Mordaunt and Rishi Sunak.

If Boris has the required numbers why is he franticly phoning around MP’s for their support?