Brexit again

12gauge82

Appoliges for mentioning the B word again but..... 

Apparently there's a remainer plot to reverse the direction Boris took us and attempt to bring our rules to closer alignment with the EUs, including trade and European Court. What it proves is removing BJ and LT was a remainer plot all along. 

I was going to anyway but it'll be reform for me at the next election, the Tories, or anyone else for that matter simply can't be trusted on Brexit. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't like the idea, Public opinion is changing, It was voted for, end of matter, my take the whole world is in turmoil, not just this country, clearly the dross have surfaced blaming the countries woes on brexit. get educated even Germany is in recession.

1 hour ago, P08 said:

not just this country, clearly the dross have surfaced blaming the countries woes on brexit. get educated even Germany is in recession.

No amount of ‘education’ will cure cognitive dissonance.  EU good, anything UK does bad.  Even when confronted with some objective measure or even an opposing view.

27 minutes ago, owain said:

If brexit hasn’t turned out the way people hoped, they’re quite within their rights to change their minds on the the matter. 

:lol:, Brexit was never going to be short term gains, it was always a long term vote.

Saying it isn't working after less than 2 years is an absolute joke, especially with everything else going on in the World.

As has been mentioned not just on this thread but many others when Brexit is blamed for the UK's woes - it's funny how Brexit is causing the same problems worldwide.

33 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

:lol:, Brexit was never going to be short term gains, it was always a long term vote.

Saying it isn't working after less than 2 years is an absolute joke, especially with everything else going on in the World.

As has been mentioned not just on this thread but many others when Brexit is blamed for the UK's woes - it's funny how Brexit is causing the same problems worldwide.

Quite, but the vote itself was 6 years ago. 
If popular opinion was to lean towards another vote, then surely that should be the case?

33 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

But would we notice the difference, in terms of economic policy at least?

This, the line that separates Labour and tory policy is so blurry in places its getting hard to tell which is which. 

16 minutes ago, owain said:

If popular opinion was to lean towards another vote, then surely that should be the case?

The cons were elected with the manifesto pledge to deliver brexit and get it done, nothing has changed, including the remainers who still wish to overturn democracy. 

30 minutes ago, owain said:

Quite, that's the problem. Remainers spent all that time trying to overturn the vote. Still is the problem, too many in Parliament that don't want Brexit to succeed, and want back in at any cost. These people are delusional.

30 minutes ago, owain said:

Absolutely not. The country voted to leave the EU. We should not be getting another vote for at least the time the first referendum on membership was held, until the last one. 41 years I believe. Chin up only another 35 to go.

At least by that time, Brexit would have had a chance.

Edited by Newbie to this

4 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Quite, that's the problem. Remainers spent all that time trying to overturn the vote. Still is the problem, too many in Parliament that don't want Brexit to succeed, and want back in at any cost. These people are delusional.

Absolutely not. The country voted to leave the EU. We should not be getting another vote for at least the time the first referendum on membership was held, until the last one. 41 years I believe. Chin up only another 35 to go.

The vote was to leave, and we left. I’m not sure what all the big fuss is about. 
All I’m saying is that if people were to change their minds then they should be allowed to do so. 

23 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

your wallet would   -  in Rayner's eyes anyone with a job paying more than minimum wage is rich and should be taxed heavily

Again, what's the difference in approach between Rayner and the current occupier of no 11?  Other than slightly better taste formal footwear.

24 minutes ago, owain said:

Cough once in a generation cough.

In-out hokey-cokey just isn't practicable for anyone.  In any case certain commissioners have made it quite clear that there would have to be 'consequences' for rejoining.

29 minutes ago, owain said:

The vote was to leave, and we left. I’m not sure what all the big fuss is about. 
All I’m saying is that if people were to change their minds then they should be allowed to do so. 

We couldn't even if we wanted to, we would not be able to rejoin under the same terms, but that's irrelevant anyway. 

Anyone trying to rejoin at this point is simply trying to subvert democracy. Theres few things simple in life but this one is!