Wee Day On The Rabbits

Brambles

• 3 weeks later...

well done, they look nice healthy rabbits and in some numbers (lucky man) used to love a days ferreting but we don't see many these days, just the odd pocket of rabbits here and there, I very rarely put the rifle on any I see now hoping the numbers will come back, thanks for posting.:good:

19 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Cracking bag that! 👍

I bet she can still mark up and give the short net slippers a short run for their money.

Is there a hint of Saluki in your old bitch?

I miss the drumming vibration underfoot and the anticipation of a 'good bolt'.

Yes mate she still catches the net slippers, nose like a bloodhound and yes her mother was a coursing bed bitch put to a half x collie whippet sire

Good work. I shot a dozen off paddocks just before christmes. Hard work climbing over the wires and retrieving them. All body shot as a mate wants the heads for a hawk. Numbers are well down as I would normally shoot around fifty on a session but it will soon be spring. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Had the auld bitch oot for her usual bit of ferreting, just about to turn 15 and its finally time for her to put her rabbiting days behind her, she'll definitely be missed on the outings

20231022_124931.jpg

Just now, Brambles said:

Had the auld bitch oot for her usual bit of ferreting, just about to turn 15 and its finally time for her to put her rabbiting days behind her, she'll definitely be missed on the outings

20231022_124931.jpg

20231022_130638.jpg

20231022_125135.jpg

On 25/01/2023 at 20:38, Brambles said:

Looks like the end of this North of the border now that the SNP have there way  shower of treacherous bsatards, I've had running dogs for over 50 year and it's flecked, but hey how I can identify as a woman if I like

Just carry on whatever, who is going to enforce anything?

She looks like a beautiful dog.

I am sure she has had the most wonderful life that any running dog could wish to have. From the look at your pictures I assume she must have had hundreds of hours marking and behind the ever bolting bunny.

I bet when she is curled up after a days ferreting that she emits small excitory whimpers in her sleep dreaming of the the rabbit which is always just within a breaths reach.

Superb!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...