Countryfile - shooting's role in the countryside

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

That eco warrior vegan woman, who’s 12,000 acres contains 4 pigs that they don’t even pay someone to look after, looked like she was physically unwell… she could do with eating one of those pigs. 

Compare that with the shooting estate that supplied over 100 jobs, it was a joke of a comparison. 

That bloke who wanted to ban releasing pheasants whilst admitting he had no evidence it would help at all, was another idiot… obviously an anti in the closet, but didn’t want to come out and say it. 

She's a lucky girl, a loss of £4000 from shooting and a gain of £100,000 from eco tourists wanting to look round?

The bloke wanting a total ban despite no evidence, RSPB?--------- I maybe wrongly thought that as part of their charitable status position any attack on shooting was not permitted? Does anyone know? 

Typical scripted bias from the Biased Broadcasting Corp?

7 hours ago, macca2017 said:

The only positive for me was they did get across the impact on the people involved in shooting. The interviews with the keeper, the 2 under keepers, the gundog trainer and the lady providing the food, as well as the old bird who had taken up beating. The programme just wont change views of those are for or against shooting. Don't think the antis  will be bothered about the rural economy or the impact of people who enjoy the sport.  

As is usual anti's just want to interfere with the lives of others because they can?

I want someone to do a short movie showing the impact after all shooting and hunting is banned. Fields and woodlands being concreted over for housing and industrial buildings. The price of British food going sky high with shortages alongside. Foxes getting braver and more numerous until having at outdoor cat is considered irresponsible. Rats and pigeons causing massive amounts of disease. Then actually showing the impact that will have on city dwellers. 

On 09/01/2023 at 17:29, Scully said:

Weren’t the figures stated as 4 grand from shooting and 100 grand from tourism? If true it’s a no brainer really. 

The family on that estate were the ones that made the illegal introduction of Beavers on the Tay system i bet if they were made to pay for all the damage to agriculture and infrastructure that the Beavers are causing they wont have much left out of their £100,000.

I saw a picture of a whole line of fencing that had the posts bitten down and felled by beavers (i bet that was a ****** off farmer)

14 minutes ago, aberisle said:

The family on that estate were the ones that made the illegal introduction of Beavers on the Tay system i bet if they were made to pay for all the damage to agriculture and infrastructure that the Beavers are causing they wont have much left out of their £100,000.

I saw a picture of a whole line of fencing that had the posts bitten down and felled by beavers (i bet that was a ****** off farmer)

I wouldn’t know, but if those piggy’s start breeding and or escape they’ll soon make a mess of someone’s crops. 🙂

5 minutes ago, old'un said:

If that happened would it be legal to shoot domestic pigs gone feral? On your land of course.

I wouldn’t know to be honest; I’m assuming even if you could you’d still be obliged to use a piggy legal calibre? 🤷‍♂️

Let us know how you get on! 😀

52 minutes ago, Scully said:

Anyone wanting to leave a comment with the BBC, saying how much they enjoyed the coverage of driven game shooting can do so.

It can’t hurt and the more people doing so the better. It takes about 2 mins. 

Yep, :good:here’s the link again, first posted by Dave at kelton….https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/comments-feedback/

On 11/01/2023 at 11:06, aberisle said:

Exactly.  They should have been prosecuted!

And that £100K from "ecotourism" / re-wilding absolutely reeks.  How much of that is from grants and subsidies?  How much is simply from accommodation rental that they conveniently excluded from the shooting income aspect had it been allowed to continue?

Smoke and mirrors.......