Ed Milliband espousing on BBC Breakfast.

TIGHTCHOKE

Great to see Ed on BBC Breakfast trying to solve the problem of poor people with Pre-Payment Fuel meters who cannot budget for their fuel costs.

He didn't have any realistic solutions.

Fuel has become vastly more expensive and these people need to prioritise and cut down on anything unnecessary.

On a different note, was he the inspiration for Nick Parks "Wallace"?

ED M1.jpg

Wallace_and_gromit1.jpg

Hello, These people !!!???,  try living on a low income , there are millions in UK on sick benefits, basic pensions, families on low incomes, pre payment meters should be be banned , we are paying 6 million £s a day to keep illegal immigrants warm and fed yet cannot help our own citizens 

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, These people !!!???,  try living on a low income , there are millions in UK on sick benefits, basic pensions, families on low incomes, pre payment meters should be be banned , we are paying 6 million £s a day to keep illegal immigrants warm and fed yet cannot help our own citizens 

this

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Excellent tangent!

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, saying this I agree with the MP who stated a quote from a fire service union leader reference someone in the fire service on £30, to £35 000 should not be going to a food bank 🤔

36 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

I thought that I heard Ed say that pre payment meters were £69 dearer per year 🤔 which is not outlandish if true is it?

48 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Just illustrates the level of interest and care from the political pack? 

Henry, maybe just a declared expenditure?

9 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I thought that I heard Ed say that pre payment meters were £69 dearer per year 🤔 which is not outlandish if true is it?

Hello, the standard charge for a prepayment meter is nearly £1 per day let alone the higher cost for gas and electric, perhaps Ed needs to do his homework before going on TV , 

He’s the very architect of the disastrous energy policy (green levies, bio mass etc) that put us in the position we are in today. In a sane world, any competent interviewer would’ve made absolute mincemeat of this piece of work.

And of course, before anyone says it, the current party in power has done less than sweet FA to alter this dumpster fire of a policy Millitwat created.

12 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

It's not just 'poor' people who are on prepayment meters. A lot of rental properties have them now. It's a growing trend among landlords.

Oh, fair enough.

Two of my colleagues at work are on a pre payment meter purely because in her earlier life it helped her to budget and she has become used to using it. Her partner accepts it for ease of life.

3 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

He’s the very architect of the disastrous energy policy (green levies, bio mass etc) that put us in the position we are in today.

I think he was the big champion of "smart meters" as well - although Chris Hune also has a lot to answer for on poor energy policy.

33 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think he was the big champion of "smart meters" as well - although Chris Hune also has a lot to answer for on poor energy policy.

We maybe need to open up the tower of London up for business again. These goons  should be held fully for their damage to the country?

7 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Every time I see people like Ed Miliband spout their garbage off about things they have no idea about I want to throw a brick at the TV 🤔🙄

Is that similar to kicking your own back door in.? Was that Bradford  Dave.? 

How is it that some are on every benefit going and using food banks and yet on the other hand mega amounts of people are booking up for holidays abroad.  The Mrs has been online trying to book up a holiday abroad and is having not a lot of success.  Two worlds. 

5 hours ago, Minky said:

How is it that some are on every benefit going and using food banks and yet on the other hand mega amounts of people are booking up for holidays abroad.  The Mrs has been online trying to book up a holiday abroad and is having not a lot of success.  Two worlds. 

Probably the same people.  My mate who lived in Ibetha used to describe the Brits beach bums getting their dole paid straight into their bank accounts back home while living in the sun

On 14/01/2023 at 08:29, oldypigeonpopper said:

Absolutely spot on. This country is backwards. 

15 hours ago, Minky said:

Hello, there will always be a element of benefit scroungers taking every pound they can , but the vast majority are genuine applicants who for some reason find themselves unable to pay bills and energy costs, putting them on prepaid meters is an easy way for energy providers, but for 100s of 1000s on the very lowest income it comes down to heat or eat, I have seen many TV reports of parents going without food to make sure their children eat, 1 million children go to school hungary, but there are also many many millions of good citizens  who work hard to look after their families , pay their bills and just get on with life, and that includes going on holiday which is well deserved,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, there will always be a element of benefit scroungers taking every pound they can , but the vast majority are genuine applicants who for some reason find themselves unable to pay bills and energy costs, putting them on prepaid meters is an easy way for energy providers, but for 100s of 1000s on the very lowest income it comes down to heat or eat, I have seen many TV reports of parents going without food to make sure their children eat, 1 million children go to school hungary, but there are also many many millions of good citizens  who work hard to look after their families , pay their bills and just get on with life, and that includes going on holiday which is well deserved,

Correct but until we have an effective system to weed out the wasters?