Claim culture

peck

Nobody holds a gun to their heads to make them apply for the chance of "instant" fame.

Many want the rights but nobody wants the responsibility. And people should be mindfull of the consequences of their actions. If you seek fame by going on tv, you also seek the intense pressure that comes with. It's all me, me, me, until it's what about poor old me.

15 hours ago, Gordon R said:

If the OP is correct, she will not succeed. However, without knowing the full details, it's hard to say she is a gold digger.

Perhaps we should be more worried about the ethics, actions and “techniques” used by “The industry” to boost artists and other people, use them up, and then spit them out when they are done with them. 

Comedian and Actor Dave Chappelle compared Hollywood with a pimp, creating great dependency and addiction, supplying people with drugs and all sorts of things, just to create drama and then gain from it without being open with the individual. 

Wasn’t there heavy criticism of Jeremy Kyle for the same thing? 

Lots of stories of the shows staff giving people drink and drugs before the shows, despite those people really trying to be sober, in-order to make them relapse and then film it for their shows. What a morally corrupt industry. 

Simon Cowell is no different, they intentionally film the idiots, many of whom are borderline or even fully mentally incapable, just to humiliate them on television, Cowell then banks the cash whilst those people go back home with nothing, but suffer from his televising their misery. 

58 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Perhaps we should be more worried about the ethics, actions and “techniques” used by “The industry” to boost artists and other people, use them up, and then spit them out when they are done with them. 

Comedian and Actor Dave Chappelle compared Hollywood with a pimp, creating great dependency and addiction, supplying people with drugs and all sorts of things, just to create drama and then gain from it without being open with the individual. 

Lots of stories of the shows staff giving people drink and drugs before the shows, despite those people really trying to be sober, in-order to make them relapse and then film it for their shows. What a morally corrupt industry. 

Simon Cowell is no different, they intentionally film the idiots, many of whom are borderline or even fully mentally incapable, just to humiliate them on television, Cowell then banks the cash whilst those people go back home with nothing, but suffer from his televising their misery. 

Good point. 

The undateables is high on that list in my personal opinion. A program pretending to help disabled people find love when in reality, is basically using peoples disabilities so those watching can have a good laugh. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

I’d have to agree with this. 
History is jam packed with examples of the mincing machine that is fame and fortune ‘celebrity’ led. 

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Then perhaps that sort of show should be BANNED!  

BANN naked attraction...............it burns yer eyes out looking at them wretched growlers...and saggy bottoms....and hangers.....

and that programme looking at peoples poo.............who on earth came up with that idea for a show eh ?...........i can just see them at a meeting...."oooh ...Tristan has a brilliant idea for a must see show......we get Jefery to curl one out into a tupaware box ...then push it around the table and take a poke at it and make serious comments.."

and they get £100,000 quid a year for coming up with ideas like that.........

ive been on this earth too long mate.........i cant keep up with so much change....

i was brought up with TV when things were really exciting.....william hartnell in doctor who ....and Barry Bucknall...banging nails in doors and making pelmets out of compressed cardboard.........................now that was exciting and instructive...

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

BANN naked attraction...............it burns yer eyes out looking at them wretched growlers...and saggy bottoms....and hangers.....

and that programme looking at peoples poo.............who on earth came up with that idea for a show eh ?...........i can just see them at a meeting...."oooh ...Tristan has a brilliant idea for a must see show......we get Jefery to curl one out into a tupaware box ...then push it around the table and take a poke at it and make serious comments.."

ive been on this earth too long mate.........i cant keep up with so much change....

i was brought up with TV when things were really exciting.....william hartnell in doctor who ....and Barry Bucknall...banging nails in doors and making pelmets out of compressed cardboard.........................now that was exciting and instructive...

Wasn’t Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris on TV when you grew up? 😬👀

Just more of the above … Hollywood types pretended they didn’t know what was going on as long as they brought in the ratings. 

4 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Wasn’t Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris on TV when you grew up? 😬👀

Just more of the above … Hollywood types pretended they didn’t know what was going on as long as they brought in the ratings. 

ooohhhh saville odious cretin.............remember when he was doing "jim will fix it"......children sitting on his knee....cigar in hand....touching ....agggghhhhggg....

17 minutes ago, ditchman said:

No way. Your making that up? Surely no such programme 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

No way. Your making that up? Surely no such programme 

sorry to disapoint you ....there are/ TWO programmes like it ....the first one (about 5 years ago was truly truly truly awful).....getting overweight fanilies to poo into tupware boxes and then this self proclaimed scottish woman doctor would poke the pile of sloppy mess and sniff it and tell everybody where they were going wrong........

it was awful

52 minutes ago, ditchman said:

sorry to disapoint you ....there are/ TWO programmes like it ....the first one (about 5 years ago was truly truly truly awful).....getting overweight fanilies to poo into tupware boxes and then this self proclaimed scottish woman doctor would poke the pile of sloppy mess and sniff it and tell everybody where they were going wrong........

it was awful

53 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

yep channel 4   -    Know Your ****: Inside Our Guts,

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

it was awful

Ye and then it came out she wasn’t a Doctor and had bought a fake degree online 🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Ye and then it came out she wasn’t a Doctor and had bought a fake degree online 🤣🤣🤣

i watched one episode and it was gawd awful...........and i mean awful....it was bad bad bad...when she asked this big overweight mother of the family to go into the bathroom and "unload" the entire contents of her colon and upper bowl into a clear tupware box ...then bring it out and show everyone...........even concrete has a slump..........but this abbhorent mess had none......with lots of bits and small lumps in it.........it was disgusting.....i even reched a little bit....

they were about to do a 2nd seris but "pulled" it due to finding out the woman doctor was a barefaced liar.....