1 day to go till 'Clarkson's Farm'

discobob

Warm on the heels of my Happy Valley thread another similar thread

So - Clarkson's Farm is dropped tomorrow (hopefully weekly) and I for one am certainly looking forward to it - like him or loathe him Jezza is certainly entertaining :)

Anyone else feel the same way or would you rather gouge your eyes out with a rusty spoon 😆??

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realy enjoyed it  , found it both  very funny at times  and a bid  sad . When he explained  the  cost of growing a crop and  his profits  at the end .  A bit  of an eye opener.  I rent a cottage  in the middle of a big farm , it can give you a great  insight  into everyday  life  farms passed  down from fathers  to sons , keeping  things  going 

Working past retirement  age  , as that is all they have .

Edited by johnphilip

He can be a bit like marmite, he's his own worst enemy. But like said he is entertaining, like him or not. I didn't used to like him, but after " diddly squat " came about he's grown on me. I will look forward to his farming exploits, and I still say Kaleb should have his own talkshow, or go on mastermind - subject farming, or go on the chase.

If ever I met him I would want to ask him how he rated the Morris Marina, my second car.

I am looking forward to the new series ........... but with a little 'trepidation'.  The reason for the trepidation is this. 

The first series was really excellent, because it was a new idea, he was new and fresh to it, and it was all about him learning the very challenging occupation that is farming.  He did it with humour, sensitivity and (as far as I can tell) genuine enjoyment and interest.

However - for series 2, it isn't new any more.  The major topics weather, animal husbandry, crop growth troubles have been covered.  Sure there will be some new details within those topics (different weather issues, different crop troubles, different animals) but will it be 'new' enough to keep up the interest?

I'm suspect that his ongoing issues with the local authorities re planning for shops, restaurants, car parks may form a large part of the series.  If so - these aren't really the ongoing challenges that face 'most' farmers.  Clarkson's shop and restaurant's real selling points and the reasons they have been so amazingly popular is not because people love his locally produced produce, or his local neighbour farmers produce, or beer made with his barley etc. - it is people love the idea of meeting him.  Something most farmers don't have.

Series 1 was genuinely about Clarkson getting to grips with the farm and exploring what he could do with it - it was filmed (mainly) before the shop and fully before the restaurant ventures.

Series 2 may be about how a 'celebrity' can leverage his celebrity status to bring success to his farm TV show (which happens to include a farm) and maybe about how a celebrity can take on the local planners.

I will be watching - and we will see what is there.

Edited by JohnfromUK

3 hours ago, discobob said:

Warm on the heels of my Happy Valley thread another similar thread

So - Clarkson's Farm is dropped tomorrow (hopefully weekly) and I for one am certainly looking forward to it - like him or loathe him Jezza is certainly entertaining :)

Anyone else feel the same way or would you rather gouge your eyes out with a rusty spoon 😆??

What medium is this on please ? (If that's the right term) sky, Netflix? 🤔

Just about the only thing me and Mrs Agriv8 will sit down together and watch - the other is gone fishing.

The fact that the bafoon Clarkson has made a lot of us understand the hardships of farming through diddly squat is a credit to him and his production company.

I read somewhere that he wants to cover his small shoot in his woods but it’s a step too far for production company/ Amazon!

will be watching this shortly!

Agriv8

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

The whole lot is on. 

Well, that's my weekends jobs down the swanee 😁

39 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

One thing I like is that the dialogue is very clear and no overlay of loud music over the speech so you can hear what their saying apart from Gerald with the strong west country accent.. 

He makes me laugh the most - or their reactions to him anyway.....

7 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

One thing I like is that the dialogue is very clear and no overlay of loud music over the speech so you can hear what their saying apart from Gerald with the strong west country accent.. 

Thats not an accent,, thats a different language all together. :lol: