New car help.

markm

Looking to replace one of our cars. Just wondering what people have bought recently.  

Ideally I need a mid SUV, cheap to run with AWD but not a real mud plugger as I need it reasonable for a 50 mile daily commute.  I’m also not bothered about the make, but not Vauxhall. 

The boss and I both have the same spec 2017 Nissan X Trail  & qashqui.  Tekna level / 1.6TD  / AWD which we bought from new. 

I’ve looked at the nearly new X Trail as my first option. 

suggestions. 

I had an awd ford kuga titanium 2l tdci and rated it.

decent fuel economy, I put pirreli scorpion verde tyres on it and it got me everywhere I needed to go, farm tracks etc. as well as being good on the road In all weather conditions. Wasn’t expensive for me to insure (obviously that’s different for everyone) 

maybe others can offer some more recent insight as I believe a forum member bought similar recently. 

5 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

I had an awd ford kuga titanium 2l tdci and rated it.

decent fuel economy, I put pirreli scorpion verde tyres on it and it got me everywhere I needed to go, farm tracks etc. as well as being good on the road In all weather conditions. Wasn’t expensive for me to insure (obviously that’s different for everyone) 

maybe others can offer some more recent insight as I believe a forum member bought similar recently. 

I had one when they first come out. Possibly a 59 plate. Black titanium AWD. 

I have had a look online at them.

9 minutes ago, adzyvilla said:

the dacia duster seems to be a popular choice amongst the PW crew and has a bigger choice of engine options than it once did. I love my subarus but freely admit they aren't as cheap to run as others. 

I did say no Vauxhall and I’d probably write Dacia off as well. Although they must have a new model out that looks quite nice. 

Thanks for your reply. 

Been looking to replace our current two cars down to one SUV. However there are not as many New AWD cars z as bout now. Kia said £27k for basic Sportage but £39k for AWD. Suzuki have the Vitara and Scross but are mild hybrid. The price of the AWD is about £5 k extra on fwd. may look for a used one at these prices 

A dacia duster would suit you perfectly. £30 road tax (atleast the 2016 I had was). 50mpg. 1.5dci engine is very reliable and the duster is cheap to repair if it does go wrong. I found mine very reliable during my ownership 

2 hours ago, Jelly said:

A dacia duster would suit you perfectly. £30 road tax (atleast the 2016 I had was). 50mpg. 1.5dci engine is very reliable and the duster is cheap to repair if it does go wrong. I found mine very reliable during my ownership 

AFAIK know they have stopped making 4 WD Dusters.

On 04/03/2023 at 16:57, adzyvilla said:

the dacia duster seems to be a popular choice amongst the PW crew and has a bigger choice of engine options than it once did. I love my subarus but freely admit they aren't as cheap to run as others. 

I have had my Duster now since October and apart from a problem sorted under warranty it has performed very well getting me out of a very sticky situation in 4x4lock even on normal street tyres.  At the moment averaging 49mpg small lanes and cross country runs and off road. Loads of room.  A warning light popped up yesterday and discovered it was telling me one of my tyres was down on pressure....now thatos a new one on me.   I purchased a plastic fitted tray for the rear and because I very rarely carry paasengers folded the rear sears and put a piece of rubber matting over them and I now have far more room than in my old LR90.  Horses for courses od course just what your requirements are...trailers etc etc.  My Duster is the 1.5 diesel and I am amazed at the torque from the engine and it handles very well also.