Keeping it quiet

bunny_blaster

I had a call from a farmer during the week about pigeons on his rape. The biggest problem with these fields is that the pigeons flight down a belt of tall poplar trees and the other side of the trees is a housing estate. The pigeons have stripped the rape to the stalks all along the back of the houses. I decided to use my 20g O/U hushpower and I got set up as close to the houses as possible. I’ve not used this gun much and it certainly showed, missing some sitters over the decoys. I picked away at what I safely could and I finished with 50 pigeon for 82 shots. I would of had a lot more shots but I couldn’t shoot to my right so had to leave a lot of birds. 

AB10D7BF-B46A-4DD4-86AB-47A2C5F63981.jpeg

Excellent. I love my 20g o/u hushy. It takes a while to get used to it but but it's a super tool. I was on the blacks last week adjacent to the cattle pen using gamebore sub sonics, 30g no 5's.  I did not achieve your shot to kill ratio but managed around 30 birds. 

At the moment you are the leader of the pack and long may it continue , all we can do at the moment is sit and watch what everyone else is doing . plenty of Spring drilling going on at the moment and as soon as the conditions warm up a bit the rape will take off without suffering the slightest bit of Pigeon damage .

Well done BB 

11 hours ago, Bobba said:

Lucky bunny. Well done. Green with envy.  I shoot on a farm north of Bristol full of rape. No pigeons since planted. Nada, zero, zilch.

I shoot North Wiltshire and it’s been dead here too…..can’t understand it, worst winter for years!