Emergency Alerts: The Government’s new warning service goes live.

Robden

16 hours ago, ditchman said:

the government have all you details at their fingertips already.....errrr remember covid ?......they could even tell where you were 24 hrs a day within 2 metres...and the names of the people around you

i take it you have an i-phone..?

Plus most people pay by contactless which makes tracking a lot easier. The banks pass on your shopping habits and the police have browsed social media for years when they want to know someones background. 

Don't believe in big brother? Try browsing Youtube for something off the wall like French polishing then go on Facebook. You'll see adverts for products and services for similar pop up.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, ditchman said:

some folk says it tastes like chicken some say it tastes like pork..............is it worth marinating and what would your basic ingredients be ?

i ask this as i will be having my local MP for lunch

Funnily  enough on the same tack? I received a letter today from an unknown bloke hoping to elevate himself on to the political feed trough. He might be surprised to find his paper has joined others on the nail behind the outhouse long drop door. 😃

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gordon Bennett!

I'm sure I just heard someone on the BBC saying "phones should be turned off at a funeral"

A. Who would have a mobile phone turned on at a funeral?

B. When do funerals ever take place on a Sunday afternoon?

Lots of church services though alongside christenings 

and more to the point it’s going to disturb my shooting 🤔😊

On 17/04/2023 at 18:23, Rem260 said:

There are 97 million mobile phones in the uk. How many people does the government have to employ to keep an eye on everyone and what they are doing or saying. 

97 million text message at 2 pence each? 
I assume someone 🤔is picking up the bill for this 

On 20/04/2023 at 21:35, Vince Green said:

If there was a nuclear missile heading towards this country the one thing you can be sure about is there will be no  warning issued. Why would they? What would it achieve?

Exactly so. 

More official carp for the sheeple to ingest and feel cared about?

25 minutes ago, old man said:

Exactly so. 

More official carp for the sheeple to ingest and feel cared about?

There are valid reasons for having an emergency warning system.

Flood warnings predominately come to mind in this country But the system is operated world wide so things like wild fires in Australia or USA. Tornados and hurricanes etc

It's a bit like the fire alarm in an office building you hope you never have to use it but it needs testing from time to time.

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

There are valid reasons for having an emergency warning system.

Flood warnings predominately come to mind in this country But the system is operated world wide so things like wild fires in Australia or USA. Tornados and hurricanes etc

It's a bit like the fire alarm in an office building you hope you never have to use it but it needs testing from time to time.

Agreed but it seems strange to have surfaced now that Putin is messing around?

I remember the old air raid siren on top of the Electricity board building being  tested.

On 21/04/2023 at 08:07, discobob said:

Probably one of the worst things a pilot can say!!!

16 hours ago, ditchman said:

this can go either way 

1. errr what does this button do.....
  2. how was that for you...........

I soooooo wish to add to this but, I’m a ‘Professional’ 🤣🤣

Why are people going straight to the nuclear option? There are many things it can be used for before we get to that. 

For what is supposed to be a group of trustworthy members of society there are some dark, conspiratorial minds on here.

And the very same people would be all, "well the guvmint knew it was guna happen and did nuffin about it, I'm guna sue em for not telling me my water was guna turn my winkey inside out".

31 minutes ago, manthing said:

Why are people going straight to the nuclear option? There are many things it can be used for before we get to that. 

For what is supposed to be a group of trustworthy members of society there are some dark, conspiratorial minds on here.

Yes rather strange isn't it?

Well people,  the day is neigh. The GUBERNMENT  alarm is coming.  3 pm.!!   Those disbelievers have only got about an hour and a half to get the tin foil hat fashioned,  to get any electrical transmission eqpt wrapped up and to dig a big hole in the garden to stop the GUBERMENT access.  anyone not complying will be added to a list.  AND your name WILL be at the top of the list.!!  you'll be Part of the one in ten.!!  The list WILL include, anyone spending cash,  owning a cat, anyone doing cash jobs,(tax dodgers.) Pipe smokers and anyone wearing a val Doonican Christmas jumper.  you're ALL GOING TO DIE.!!  At some stage anyway.