Site mods

crossy 666

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

What he got banned for was nonsense as far as I am concerned I am not going to say as I don't want to fuel the 🔥 

Go on, get yourself banned too!   :lol:

I know what it was all about and I'm not going to give the game away.

Unless his last post(s)? have been removed I can't see anything that mods need to be so secretive about.

I seem to remember someone on here from Australia getting booted for a petty reason.

Come on the moderator that did the deed, do tell his friends what he got ousted for please.

The mods on this site, quite rightly, don't open their decisions to public scrutiny.

As long as Nev hasn't done  Paxman conversion, see yesterday's Times, I am sure that he will be welcomed back with open armsIMG-20230526-WA0000.jpg.5ac72b495ace9bfd16b07a3699e545c1.jpg

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

what "firearm" offence ?

It is my understanding that it is an offence to have an air rifle with any of the following , a pellet in the barrel un cocked, cocked without a pellet or cocked with a pellet unless it is about to be fired so to keep one cocked ready for use in the Toilet is an offence. 

36 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

It is my understanding that it is an offence to have an air rifle with any of the following , a pellet in the barrel un cocked, cocked without a pellet or cocked with a pellet unless it is about to be fired so to keep one cocked ready for use in the Toilet is an offence. 

so it is NOT a firearm...........but falls within the firearms act...:good:

54 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

As long as he doesn't have children in the house, surely he may have a few pellets in the magazine, uncocked? Then all he needs to do is operate the bolt to cock and shoot it.

6 minutes ago, amateur said:

As long as he doesn't have children in the house, surely he may have a few pellets in the magazine, uncocked? Then all he needs to do is operate the bolt to cock and shoot it.

I believe that a loaded magazine once fitted makes it a loaded gun in the same way as a pellet in the barrel un cocked is, also most casual shooters use break action guns for pest control.

Edited by sportsbob

1 hour ago, sportsbob said:

I must say that I’m not certain, but doesn’t that apply to a public place or place where the public have access at the relevant time. I don’t suppose Paxman’s toilet applies on either count and particularly when he’s  “in residence”.

29 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I must say that I’m not certain, but doesn’t that apply to a public place or place where the public have access at the relevant time.

Same.  I'm not certain either, but think it only applies legally re "a public place or place where the public have access at the relevant time".  Guidance says it should only be loaded and/or cocked when about to be fired.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering where Neville had gone to and looking up his user name I found this thread.

I have to add my bit about Neville, he (and others) came to my rescue when I was looking for squirrel tails for tying flies. This lead on to him also sending me some of his unwanted fly tying materials and buying a few rods off him. He always put in more than I had expected and had paid/asked for. A perfect gentleman in my mind and a great sporting life lived fully by all accounts.

In many ways he reminded me of my father (86 and still going strong)  and all i really ever managed to pass on to him for all his kindness was a few of jars of honey from my hives.

He was so free with his advice to all that he will be sorely missed from the forum. I hope he will change his mind and come back soon.

27 minutes ago, gmm243 said:

I was wondering where Neville had gone to and looking up his user name I found this thread.

I have to add my bit about Neville, he (and others) came to my rescue when I was looking for squirrel tails for tying flies. This lead on to him also sending me some of his unwanted fly tying materials and buying a few rods off him. He always put in more than I had expected and had paid/asked for. A perfect gentleman in my mind and a great sporting life lived fully by all accounts.

In many ways he reminded me of my father (86 and still going strong)  and all i really ever managed to pass on to him for all his kindness was a few of jars of honey from my hives.

He was so free with his advice to all that he will be sorely missed from the forum. I hope he will change his mind and come back soon.

Not a case of him changing his mind I'm afraid.

We are still in touch because he is one of the nice guys and Freda is a star too.

We don't comment on these items. But there is some misinformation here so after sometime I'm posting to clarify in broad terms. There was no ban. A warning was issued for a rule breach as is standard.

I think a user has to 'accept' the warning when they come back on the site. Having not been warned myself I am unfamiliar with it. But I think it's as straightforward as clicking a button.

@ditchmanmay know more about the warning tickbox. But it'd be a shame if the member is misunderstanding things and self imposing exile inadvertently.

16 minutes ago, Teal said:

We don't comment on these items. But there is some misinformation here so after sometime I'm posting to clarify in broad terms. There was no ban. A warning was issued for a rule breach as is standard.

I think a user has to 'accept' the warning when they come back on the site. Having not been warned myself I am unfamiliar with it. But I think it's as straightforward as clicking a button.

@ditchmanmay know more about the warning tickbox. But it'd be a shame if the member is misunderstanding things and self imposing exile inadvertently.

i really wouldnt know what you are talking about:blush: