Phillip Schofield - BBC Interview

TIGHTCHOKE

6 hours ago, sportsbob said:

Not accurate.

Violations under the law also involve steep penalties, including death for so-called “aggravated” homosexuality". Aggravated homosexuality involves gay sex with people under 18 years old or when a person is HIV positive, among other categories, according to the law.

When you consider in this country the law is 16, is death a fair sentence?

Either way, its an extreme law, life imprisonment for being gay.

Edited by 12gauge82

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone confirm that Schofield had known this person since he was 11 years old....there are pics of him which i wont put up incase they are fake ...of him posing with him at his drama school..............(before he did a runner)

34 minutes ago, ditchman said:

can anyone confirm that Schofield had known this person since he was 11 years old....there are pics of him which i wont put up incase they are fake ...of him posing with him at his drama school..............(before he did a runner)

I have most likely seen what you have.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

When you consider in this country the law is 16, is death a fair sentence?

Either way, its an extreme law, life imprisonment for being gay.

Ok the law in Uganda says "Aggravated" meaning "forced" ie "rape" or "HIV positive" which infers knowingly infecting someone with something that will probably cause them to have a painful death.  

If someone in this country (maybe a relative or friend of yours) regardless of age was either raped or had sex with someone who knowingly was HIV positive what would you think was an appropriate sentence ?

30 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

Ok the law in Uganda says "Aggravated" meaning "forced" ie "rape" or "HIV positive" which infers knowingly infecting someone with something that will probably cause them to have a painful death.  

If someone in this country (maybe a relative or friend of yours) regardless of age was either raped or had sex with someone who knowingly was HIV positive what would you think was an appropriate sentence ?

The second part of his statement is true though - having consensual sex with another man is punishable by life in prison. For the most part, even Nazi Germany didn’t punish homosexuality as severely as present day Uganda.

1 hour ago, sportsbob said:

I think your missing my point, I'm all for the death penalty for rapists. But locking people up for life simply because they're gay is a totally separate issue. My point was that Ugandas anti gay laws are wrong 

50 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Uganda's laws are for Uganda. You might not agree with them, but they are none of your business.

I don't want to take this topic further off track, but I responded to an original post stating they thought Uganda had just passed a sensible law, while Ugandas laws are their own buisness to an extent (although I do believe gross human rights violations are everyone's buisness). Im simply commenting that I strongly disagree that their anti gay laws are sensible and I wouldn't want to see them here.

Well this thread went off the subject quick 😂 anyway back to Schofield we can all accuse him of grooming etc but the most of it could just be non factual in the grooming sense and apart from having an affair with this chap while he was married he might not have done much wrong I think the lying about it is quite normal if you don’t want anyone to know your sexual business I personally think it’s all a load of old tosh and has made him out to be some kind of monster and the reaction from Holly on tv is just grim  let’s get things into prospective he got caught lying about ******** someone big bloody deal 

I don't want to take this topic further off track, but I responded to an original post stating they thought Uganda had just passed a sensible law, while Ugandas laws are their own buisness to an extent (although I do believe gross human rights violations are everyone's buisness). Im simply commenting that I strongly disagree that their anti gay laws are sensible and I wouldn't want to see them here.

12gauge82 - I think Uganda's laws are a disgrace, but it is their country, they can do what they like. Not sure how it is any of our business. A fair number of middle east countries have strict laws on what can be done in public or alcohol, with some truly extreme punishments. Again, there is nothing we can do about it.

Some of these countries might look at the laws in the UK and laugh. Lack of corporal punishment, no death sentence, five years in prison for carrying a knife, but never, ever implemented.

Amongst our more bizarre laws are:-

The offence of being drunk in a pub.

It is illegal to activate your burglar alarm without first nominating a key holder who can switch it off in your absence (within 20 minutes of being alerted).

It is illegal to impersonate a police officer or a soldier, even at fancy dress parties or on Halloween.

There are many others.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

12gauge82 - I think Uganda's laws are a disgrace, but it is their country, they can do what they like. Not sure how it is any of our business. A fair number of middle east countries have strict laws on what can be done in public or alcohol, with some truly extreme punishments. Again, there is nothing we can do about it.

Some of these countries might look at the laws in the UK and laugh. Lack of corporal punishment, no death sentence, five years in prison for carrying a knife, but never, ever implemented.

Amongst our more bizarre laws are:-

The offence of being drunk in a pub.

It is illegal to activate your burglar alarm without first nominating a key holder who can switch it off in your absence (within 20 minutes of being alerted).

It is illegal to impersonate a police officer or a soldier, even at fancy dress parties or on Halloween.

There are many others.

Yep I agree, but my point is not to get involved in Uganda's laws, I'm simply replying to a comment stating they think it's a sensible law. 

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You really need to STOP WATCHING DAYTIME TV!

You really need to get a life watching daytime tv is the start of going in your box 

2 hours ago, samboy said:

I never watch any of the rubbish on tv. YouTube for me. Fishing, dogs, shooting etc.

or Charity shop dvds for me got a stalking one last week a £1 price sticker on the back £35 and then all the ones i buy off of here 

Everybodies coming out these day i think homosexality will soon be compusuory   

31 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

Put 100 women and 10 men on a habitable island and in 100 years you will have a thriving community, now put 100 women and 10 trans men on a similar island and in 100 years you will have the skeletons of 110 men. 

Are you sure that last bit is correct?

1 hour ago, sportsbob said:

Put 100 women and 10 men on a habitable island and in 100 years you will have a thriving community, now put 100 women and 10 trans men on a similar island and in 100 years you will have the skeletons of 110 women

This works better