Summer Fly Shoot Out

38 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Whats this a proposal :lol:

no not at all...........................i think he is single.......as........ if he was married his wife would have sent him off with a can of bloody fly spray.....instead of a presicion made rifle.........

That’s how I was taught to shoot back in the 50’s At 10 yards with an iron sighted BSA Cadet Major except it was wasps which Father detested. Jam wiped around the rim of a jar full of water. A farthing for every head in the water, but fined a shilling for every broken jar. Soon in debt until you learned to concentrate on the target ignoring all else. When I finally shot myself out of debt, Father told me, OK, now you can shoot.

13 hours ago, Dougy said:

Nice one Simon, 

just a bit concerned though about those not head shot and still twitching, do you rush up and despatch humanely with a priest or similar ? 

Lol there was some tough tinkers amongst them that day Dougy

12 hours ago, ditchman said:

well............................................................ive seen it all now.............

just one question ....

"are you married or single" ?

cheers

simon.

Lol well if i be honest she is a nurse and works all silly hours so i get to play when ever i want 😂👍😉

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

That’s how I was taught to shoot back in the 50’s At 10 yards with an iron sighted BSA Cadet Major except it was wasps which Father detested. Jam wiped around the rim of a jar full of water. A farthing for every head in the water, but fined a shilling for every broken jar. Soon in debt until you learned to concentrate on the target ignoring all else. When I finally shot myself out of debt, Father told me, OK, now you can shoot.

Ye pal years ago i used to shoot flys with my old BSA meteor  with open sights and like no one would believe me lol.

12 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Simon that was hilarious 🤣🤣 along with some excellent shooting 👍

Thank you my friend

Come down here and shoot the lot of ‘em Simon. The house gets full of them when my mate turns his heifers out in the field by my back door. 
My granddaughter bought me a six shot rubber band firing wooden revolver just for hunting flies in the conservatory. Great sport!

On no, just found this thread and the video has been removed, would have loved to watch it.

I spent many a happy hour shooting flies off the house wall with an ASI repeating air rifle some fifty odd years ago. Best shots were while they where mating, two for one most satisfying even though pellets were dirt cheap.

7 hours ago, moondoggy said:

On no, just found this thread and the video has been removed, would have loved to watch it.

I spent many a happy hour shooting flies off the house wall with an ASI repeating air rifle some fifty odd years ago. Best shots were while they where mating, two for one most satisfying even though pellets were dirt cheap.

Ye pal one or two folk frowned upon it but its the world we live in these days unfortunately so better gone, i suppose they will be saving the maggot next when they see people fishing lol.

12 hours ago, simon6ppc said:

Ye pal one or two folk frowned upon it but its the world we live in these days unfortunately so better gone, i suppose they will be saving the maggot next when they see people fishing lol.

Hi Simon

Its not that i have an issue killing anything - God knows i shoot every day - trap every day - But to me its just the lack of need. Your videos are brilliant - they show skill - they tell of the need to reduce crows or foxes to protect ground nesting birds - or lambs. Killing for the sake of killing - i dont think is what you are about - look at Peter ! - hes safe as houses !

Hope you see where i was coming from - and yeah i trhink its so sad and indeed pathetic that we now have so many copycat fly killers - but as i say if thats all they can manage 

3 hours ago, jall25 said:

Hi Simon

Its not that i have an issue killing anything - God knows i shoot every day - trap every day - But to me its just the lack of need. Your videos are brilliant - they show skill - they tell of the need to reduce crows or foxes to protect ground nesting birds - or lambs. Killing for the sake of killing - i dont think is what you are about - look at Peter ! - hes safe as houses !

Hope you see where i was coming from - and yeah i trhink its so sad and indeed pathetic that we now have so many copycat fly killers - but as i say if thats all they can manage 

I know its ok Jall i also got told off with two more people on YouTube why i took it down, no offence taken pal.

• 1 month later...