Mercedes AMG 6.3.

JDog

A friend had one. 2k for rear brakes. 21mpg at a push. Hundreds just to service it. Ate rear tyres. And he didn't have labour costs as he owns/runs a garage. 

Personally I didn't find it that fast for 500bhp, pretty much the same bland interior as all other mercs of that age, very quiet for a 6.3 (unless it's a cold start and that wakes the neighbours) and it felt heavy. 

Many, many reasons not too, but why not, you don't live for ever and they have only gone up in price. 

He did say tho that he liked the c350cdi (and I did, mainly for the fact it done 44mpg and was 240bhp) and it's what I'll be getting next for pretty much the same looks, interior and usability. 

3 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

A friend had one. 2k for rear brakes. 21mpg at a push. Hundreds just to service it. Ate rear tyres. And he didn't have labour costs as he owns/runs a garage. 

Personally I didn't find it that fast for 500bhp, pretty much the same bland interior as all other mercs of that age, very quiet for a 6.3 (unless it's a cold start and that wakes the neighbours) and it felt heavy. 

Many, many reasons not too, but why not, you don't live for ever and they have only gone up in price. 

He did say tho that he liked the c350cdi (and I did, mainly for the fact it done 44mpg and was 240bhp) and it's what I'll be getting next for pretty much the same looks, interior and usability. 

Hi mate

Sorry to question you but are you really sure ?

Mine was lucky to get 15 mpg - worst i had was 8 mpg

Noise ! TOTALLY INCREDIBLE

The cars are simply awesome - not all good awesome - they bite and slide and dont handle - but for sheer joy - theatre of driving - AWESOME !

Do it J Dog - i dont see how you can regret it !

If you want handling and performance rather than theatre and performance go BMW 

There's an old saying, how fast can you afford to go? I had a v8 American car many years ago and if you could fill up at the fuel station with your car on tick over I don't think you could fill it up, I felt sick watching the fuel gauge drop, so would I like another? Yes I would just for the rumbling, good luck. 

7 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I just found it quiet, inside and out, for a 6.2 ltr. Unless it was cold, and then the bark for the first few minutes woke the street up. And that was a 100% Standard car. I'd rather have the sl or a Porsche for that money 

Totally different cars though

A C63 is uber cool 

I have had some quite heavy stuff and perhaps with the exception of a westfield - the C63 was the car with the voice 

On 14/07/2023 at 15:16, Nublue 22 said:

There's an old saying, how fast can you afford to go? I had a v8 American car many years ago and if you could fill up at the fuel station with your car on tick over I don't think you could fill it up, I felt sick watching the fuel gauge drop, so would I like another? Yes I would just for the rumbling, good luck. 

I had a 5.0 grand marquis years ago. Had it for 10 years. Was a lovely car to drive, but it started to get boring, every time I’d stop for fuel folk would say “I bet that drinks abit” or “is that enough to get you to the next station?”

actually, no. It was pretty good on petrol. Best I ever had out of it was 30mpg on a run down to France and back. Ok, if you really booted it, you could watch the needle move, but round town and nice rides out, 20-25mpg…. Give or take!