30-6

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, 30-6 said:

BRILLIANT, WELL DONE ENGLAND WOMEN.

There's a couple in there I'd like to snog. Especially Rousso and Daly. 🫂

Daly bats for the other side so to speak, most of them do.  Watched the game today, best they have played they were poor at the start but improving through the tournament is the way to win and I think they will.

Edited by Weihrauch17

9 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Watched the game today, best they have played they were poor at the start but improving through the tournament is the way to win and I think they will.

This was the best they've played since losing the spine of the team: Williamson, Kirby, Mead and White. Hemp's run for the third goal was something else. Russo might have provided the coup de grace, but it was Hemp that did all the work!

They are a true inspiration , reaching the World Cup Final is phenomenal  but playing with the flare , passion and 'never say die' mentality does tend

to make their male counterparts look somewhat pathetic.  We should be so proud of them.

I'm NOT a football fan , and support no team , but have not missed a single Lionesses match.  

GO GIRLS, GO 😀

10 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Not seen Nikita Parris play then?

no I haven't and I find it hard to believe that young ladies could roll about like the prima donnas of the premier league because their anatomy is not designed for rolling !

I have no desire to get into a contest with you about who can urinate the furthest so I will bid you ado :lol: 

On 17/08/2023 at 09:10, chrisjpainter said:

This was the best they've played since losing the spine of the team: Williamson, Kirby, Mead and White. Hemp's run for the third goal was something else. Russo might have provided the coup de grace, but it was Hemp that did all the work!

Agreed- Hemp is an absolute warrior, she chases every ball, and puts in a shift every game.

They will have James back for the final - regardless of her suspension she is our most exciting player, the opportunity to go from hero to villain to hero again if she scores the winner.

Spain are a quality team, and it will be a close contest.

Edited by the hitman

3 hours ago, the hitman said:

Agreed- Hemp is an absolute warrior, she chases every ball, and puts in a shift every game.

They will have James back for the final - regardless of her suspension she is our most exciting player, the opportunity to go from hero to villain to hero again if she scores the winner.

Spain are a quality team, and it will be a close contest.

She doesn't deserve a start IMHO.

19 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

She doesn't deserve a start IMHO.

Who - Hemp or James? If you mean Hemp, I must call you out, sir, and it will be grass before breakfast!

If you mean James, then I agree. Her skillset's undeniable, but she's lazy and often dallies on the ball too long. She doesn't have the vision for her team mates and she has a selfish streak a mile wide. As a 21 year old striker that's expected, but we'll need a high work rate against Spain and she just doesn't bring that. If we had a full strength squad, she'd be an impact sub. As it is, in this squad...she should still be an impact sub for a world cup final. I'd pick the same team. They delivered against a high quality Aus side and no one deserves to be dropped for a player that stamped on someone.

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

Who - Hemp or James? If you mean Hemp, I must call you out, sir, and it will be grass before breakfast!

If you mean James, then I agree. Her skillset's undeniable, but she's lazy and often dallies on the ball too long. She doesn't have the vision for her team mates and she has a selfish streak a mile wide. As a 21 year old striker that's expected, but we'll need a high work rate against Spain and she just doesn't bring that. If we had a full strength squad, she'd be an impact sub. As it is, in this squad...she should still be an impact sub for a world cup final. I'd pick the same team. They delivered against a high quality Aus side and no one deserves to be dropped for a player that stamped on someone.

James, they have got to the Final despite her not because of her.  

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

…….no one deserves to be dropped for a player that stamped on someone.

This, absolutely. The thing that REALLY sticks in my craw however, is that I asked mate if he was up for a bit of clay bashing on Sunday, to which he said ‘yes’. He’s now cried off however because he wants to watch the football! 🙄😳

48 minutes ago, Scully said:

This, absolutely. The thing that REALLY sticks in my craw however, is that I asked mate if he was up for a bit of clay bashing on Sunday, to which he said ‘yes’. He’s now cried off however because he wants to watch the football! 🙄😳

Bad form.
Obviously not on a Sunday, but.........

If the invitation had been game shooting and he did that he would likely not be invited again.

i have been watching womens footy over the last couple of years..............what i am fearful of is the slight change its going thro...."professional fouls".....and the odd player is going down as if she has been shot by a sniper is creeping in.....and spitting is rearing its ugly head which i cant abide.........and as more money is thrown at womens footy the worse it will get...........then i will find something else to watch

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

i have been watching womens footy over the last couple of years..............what i am fearful of is the slight change its going thro...."professional fouls".....and the odd player is going down as if she has been shot by a sniper is creeping in.....and spitting is rearing its ugly head which i cant abide.........and as more money is thrown at womens footy the worse it will get...........then i will find something else to watch

what about the woman's rugby ditchy ? at least you will be able to look at a Prop forwards harish with a clear conscience 😏 

I am afraid I am the odd one out here and at work .obviously I would love the girls to win because they represent England but I find the goalkeeping like a Sunday league game  on hackney marshes . I understand you can only beat the best at the time and they are the best at the moment but not in the same league as the men so I will only be watching if I am not watching paint dry