Help: Choke Stuck

Karlos_

had this problem, flush fit choke. Was not a quick fix but what i did was every day for around four weeks was using a tiny paint brush and a liberal quantity of quality penetrating oil with the muzzle up was to apply the oil between the choke and barrel then leave it muzzle up in the gun cabinet.  Used it once a week on the clays, not sure if that helped or not, but then thankfully after about four weeks the choke turned.

I now loosen the chokes after every shoot and periodically take them out clean them and apply a thin coating of grease to them.

1 minute ago, rbrowning2 said:

had this problem, flush fit choke. Was not a quick fix but what i did was every day for around four weeks was using a tiny paint brush and a liberal quantity of quality penetrating oil with the muzzle up was to apply the oil between the choke and barrel then leave it muzzle up in the gun cabinet.  Used it once a week on the clays, not sure if that helped or not, but then thankfully after about four weeks the choke turned.

I now loosen the chokes after every shoot and periodically take them out clean them and apply a thin coating of grease to them.

Thanks for the advice I will give that ago and see how I get on.

Thanks again

N

3 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

stand barrels down in a container full of diesel.

This..... for a week, if necessary.  The thing that Walked Up was referring to was made by my shooting pal. I shall try and get some pics..........before he patents it   !    😄

I have used the diesel method many times, with great success. I use a plastic soup container or  'pot noodle' container and half fill it with diesel oil, then just stand the barrels muzzle down in that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...