Matthew Perry

Scully

6 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

Shame about him I hope he rests in peace to young to go                                 I might be the odd one out about friends though I thought it was typical American drivel comedy not my cup of tea 

Yes, much too young, and he seems to have been a popular and well liked person. 

I have to admit, I had to use Google to find out who he was as American 'sitcom' type material is not for me.  If I had ever seen 'Friends', it was by accident and I can't remember it.

I initially wondered if it was due to lack of blowing up in fame after friends as Jennifer Aniston is probably the only one to really blow up after that, but looking it up he continued to have a very successful career, directly, producing and in various other roles, he also (all of them did) made an absolute fortune on the final few series of friends, getting paid $1,000,000 per episode, a record breaking deal at the time and they all agreed they’d all get paid the same. 

Apparently worth over $120,000,000 but it only goes to show, money can’t buy you happiness. 

A real shame and loss. 

9 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

Shame about him I hope he rests in peace to young to go                                 I might be the odd one out about friends though I thought it was typical American drivel comedy not my cup of tea 

You are certainly not the odd one out , I couldn't stand the program and never knew who he was until they said he was on Friends , I had heard of the program but there sense of humour is way over the top for the likes of me .

It's funny, reading some of the above about American sitcoms I would usually avoid them, and any kind of sitcom whatever the nationality,  like the plague, as does my wife. However we were very good friends and in close contact with an awful lot of Americans back then, many of who had served over here in WW2, so we sort of got the sometimes sarcastic humour of Friends and Frazier but it was of its time and I dare say it would leave us cold now.  

25 minutes ago, Miserableolgit said:

so we sort of got the sometimes sarcastic humour of Friends and Frazier but it was of its time and I dare say it would leave us cold now.  

I doubt it, we grew watching Friends, and can happily lose an hour or two if we flick over and catch a repeat,  even the shorts on FB are great, some very very funny lines indeed.

7 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

I think I’ve seen every episode 🫣

I like quite a few American sitcoms

Third Rock from the sun, Roseanne, Mike and Molly (really funny), Frazer, Cheers, There something about Raymond, King of Queens, Big Bang Theory, Joey.

Loads of others that slip my mind.

Not sure if I’ve seen every episode, but if not I there can’t be many I’ve missed.  
There seemed to be loads of American sitcoms on the tv when I was growing up, and I have fond memories of most of them. 
I can just to say recall watching the odd episode of Lucille Ball, but remember Laverne and Shirley, The Odd Couple, Bewitched, Happy Days  etc etc. 

Cheers, Frasier and Taxi spawned some BIG names, as did Roseanne and Mork and Mindy. 
There was some good comedy out there in my opinion. 

10 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

I think I’ve seen every episode 🫣

I like quite a few American sitcoms

Third Rock from the sun, Roseanne, Mike and Molly (really funny), Frazer, Cheers, There something about Raymond, King of Queens, Big Bang Theory, Joey.

Loads of others that slip my mind.

I'm the same to some degree,  BBT will get watched every week,  Something about Raymond used to have us howling,  Cheers was brilliant but seems a very long time ago now.

Most of the shows just seem funny, nothing like most of ours which is probably a good thing.

23 minutes ago, Mice! said:

BBT will get watched every week

BBT is due another watch here as well - I will start from the beginning and go all the way through - it is amazing what you miss - or forget - over a couple of years......

One of my favourites is that Indiana Jones isn't needed in the film!!!!

1 hour ago, discobob said:

BBT is due another watch here as well - I will start from the beginning and go all the way through - it is amazing what you miss - or forget - over a couple of years......

One of my favourites is that Indiana Jones isn't needed in the film!!!!

Mmmm, Penny!!