Remembrance sunday

ditchman

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Totally agree, they are talking about mobilising a million people which is impossible to Police even with lethal force if things kick off.  What have Politicians done to this country importing millions of people who hate us with a passion. 

Sadly, all done by design or it wouldn't have  been made to happen?

9 hours ago, the enigma said:

England is start to look more and more like Northern Ireland 30+ years ago. 

History shows the results of the populace  being ignored over time?

Isn’t it purely “ the minority controlling the silent majority” otherwise if people want to come to this country surely they should respect the law and the will of the people. They enjoy freedom of speech not allowed in their own country and they influence young people who do not appear to remember the sacrifices made in warfare in the past. I despair at times.

3 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Isn’t it purely “ the minority controlling the silent majority” otherwise if people want to come to this country surely they should respect the law and the will of the people. They enjoy freedom of speech not allowed in their own country and they influence young people who do not appear to remember the sacrifices made in warfare in the past. I despair at times.

For your answer, just look how certain sections of the Labour party (MPs and local councillors, plus the London Mayor) are trying to change Starmer's position on Israel/Gaza.

Go to a country that welcomes you as a 'refugee', then join a party, get elected, and you are then in a position to influence policy.

The problem no one has any respect for people like Welsh1 and DITCHMAN and all servicemen and women who put their lives on the line for this country These new arrivals from the world come here want our free housing healthcare and freedom to fight against themselves use their own laws speak their own language and expect us to change our way of life to suit them. The hatred for our values is of concern and no one in gov. has the gonads to stop it happening when each new generation is taught that our way is wrong and they can do as they want REMEMBRANCE DAY IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE TO REMEMBER ALL OUR SERVCES PAST AND PRESENT AND NOT SPOILT BY HATE MOBS.WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF A MOSQUE WAS DESTROYED ? THERE WOULD BE CARNAGE AND POLICE ARRESTING THE PERPS.  I WILL REMEMBER ON REMEMBRANCE DAY  LEST WE FORGET

11 hours ago, armsid said:

The problem no one has any respect for people like Welsh1 and DITCHMAN and all servicemen and women who put their lives on the line for this country These new arrivals from the world come here want our free housing healthcare and freedom to fight against  ou Sadly, tuse their own laws speak their own language and expect us to change our way of life to suit them. The hatred for our values is of concern and no one in gov. has the gonads to stop it happening when each new generation is taught that our way is wrong and they can do as they want REMEMBRANCE DAY IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE TO REMEMBER ALL OUR SERVCES PAST AND PRESENT AND NOT SPOILT BY HATE MOBS.WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF A MOSQUE WAS DESTROYED ? THERE WOULD BE CARNAGE AND POLICE ARRESTING THE PERPS.  I WILL REMEMBER ON REMEMBRANCE DAY  LEST WE FORGET

Sadly, the way of he country now, all enabled and encouraged from within? 

How and why?

1 minute ago, old man said:

How?

Because many people here now don't share the same values.  This can be for various reasons;

• The may have been brought up elsewhere where values are different and a different culture exists (for example anti-Semitism is common in Muslim countries).
  • They may have been brought up here, but in a family with different values (similar to above).
  • They won't have had values impressed on them in school (I understand they are much more 'multicultural' now which avoids many topics seen as 'patriotic' or with 'cultural/religious sensitivities).
7 minutes ago, old man said:

Why?

I think the main reason is that people who have come here have not adopted 'our values', but have held on to their own values.  This is difficult, because I can see that people want to recognise and conform with their own historical cultures as part of their roots.  But - where there is conflict with our (their current chosen country in which to live) they should respect our cultures.  Whether they should 'follow' our culture is more tricky, but they certainly should never 'oppose' or act in any way against the culture of the country in which they have chosen to live.

For example, I see no reason why anyone who doesn't wish to should show any sign of remembrance - e.g. I don't criticise anyone for not wearing a poppy.  But everyone should respect those who do wish to observe remembrance, and that means not vandalising memorials, not being disruptive to, or disrespectful of events such as parades and commemorative silences, etc. 

It is not only other cultures, if you remember in 2022 a Capt. Tom Moore memorial was vandalised (and in a very unpleasant way) by an 'environmental protester'.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-63135434

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Because many people here now don't share the same values.  This can be for various reasons;

• The may have been brought up elsewhere where values are different and a different culture exists (for example anti-Semitism is common in Muslim countries).
  • They may have been brought up here, but in a family with different values (similar to above).
  • They won't have had values impressed on them in school (I understand they are much more 'multicultural' now which avoids many topics seen as 'patriotic' or with 'cultural/religious sensitivities).

I think the main reason is that people who have come here have not adopted 'our values', but have held on to their own values.  This is difficult, because I can see that people want to recognise and conform with their own historical cultures as part of their roots.  But - where there is conflict with our (their current chosen country in which to live) they should respect our cultures.  Whether they should 'follow' our culture is more tricky, but they certainly should never 'oppose' or act in any way against the culture of the country in which they have chosen to live.

For example, I see no reason why anyone who doesn't wish to should show any sign of remembrance - e.g. I don't criticise anyone for not wearing a poppy.  But everyone should respect those who do wish to observe remembrance, and that means not vandalising memorials, not being disruptive to, or disrespectful of events such as parades and commemorative silences, etc. 

It is not only other cultures, if you remember in 2022 a Capt. Tom Moore memorial was vandalised (and in a very unpleasant way) by an 'environmental protester'.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-63135434

Thanks John, I take your points but it's still beyond my ken.

Society changes as memories fade, in the same way we recognize Waterloo as a battle, in it's Day it was an immense point in history that was felt by most of society, but we just accept it was a battle because there is no one around to recount it .

The younger generations are now in a situation that they read about 2 world wars and they see film footage, but most of the Veterans from these battles are now gone, the wars are history,there is no family member to remind them of the untold suffering.

Wars like the gulf ,Iraq and Afghanistan and others are just news snippets and video like games to some of the younger generations, as  they cannot and do not comprehend the death and suffering of the military on their behalf.

It's not their fault that is how society is,but it's heartening when I attend various parades to lay wreaths that there are younger ones there recognizing that something of great importance is taking place and understanding why the parades take place.

Don't judge society by the minority who are vocal and create chaos.

The majority of society are good honest people with compassion and understanding, they don't need to shout about it they quietly get on with it and keep society in an even kneel 

3 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Society changes as memories fade, in the same way we recognize Waterloo as a battle, in it's Day it was an immense point in history that was felt by most of society, but we just accept it was a battle because there is no one around to recount it .

The younger generations are now in a situation that they read about 2 world wars and they see film footage, but most of the Veterans from these battles are now gone, the wars are history,there is no family member to remind them of the untold suffering.

Wars like the gulf ,Iraq and Afghanistan and others are just news snippets and video like games to some of the younger generations, as  they cannot and do not comprehend the death and suffering of the military on their behalf.

It's not their fault that is how society is,but it's heartening when I attend various parades to lay wreaths that there are younger ones there recognizing that something of great importance is taking place and understanding why the parades take place.

Don't judge society by the minority who are vocal and create chaos.

The majority of society are good honest people with compassion and understanding, they don't need to shout about it they quietly get on with it and keep society in an even kneel 

Part of the problem now is we have a huge section of society who's loyalty is to their faith, or another country before being British. The fact our Politicians have not only allowed it but encouraged it is disgusting. We'd be screwed if a major conflict with a near peer, particularly if they could make a call to a holy war, we'd literally have a army of enemies within to fight.

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Part of the problem now is we have a huge section of society who's loyalty is to their faith, or another country before being British. The fact our Politicians have not only allowed it but encouraged it is disgusting. We'd be screwed if a major conflict with a near peer, particularly if they could make a call to a holy war, we'd literally have a army of enemies within to fight.

Would that huge section be larger than those that don't give a .....

14 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

No they are a vocal minority, the majority are silent , never mistake their silence for submission.

5 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

No they are a vocal minority, the majority are silent , never mistake their silence for submission.

Thankfully I think your right, there are still many good people who care about their country and those that have made the ultimate sacrifice so we can enjoy our way of life and have the freedom to express ourselves and even disagree.

On 03/11/2023 at 18:50, pigeon controller said:

good post pc, how many time do we see foreigners come to uk and spout how we run our country