Omid Scobie

Gordon R

I will be interested to see if the Royal family break with tradition and sue Scobie. The two names now in the public domain could have a field day with him. Harry has already denied one of them was involved, so Scobie would have difficulty attributing the comments to him.

Scobie is now making noises (threats?) that he won't publish the names "for now", but wonders if "that might change in the future".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12805981/Omid-Scobie-speculates-two-royal-racists-future-Endgame.html

Seems to me a bit like a threat.  What an utterly despicable thing to do - make it clear (by mistake of course) that you have kniowledge that will be painful if released, then say you will not release it now, but may in the future.

8 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Scobie is now making noises (threats?) that he won't publish the names "for now", but wonders if "that might change in the future".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12805981/Omid-Scobie-speculates-two-royal-racists-future-Endgame.html

Seems to me a bit like a threat.  What an utterly despicable thing to do - make it clear (by mistake of course) that you have kniowledge that will be painful if released, then say you will not release it now, but may in the future.

It's not much of a threat now. The names are out there.

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

I just can’t believe this is news! I just don’t get it.

It's news because 'someone' keeps raising it casting suspicions/rumours/allegations that certain senior Royals are racist. 

I don't believe for a moment that they are - I see it as entirely innocent internal family chatter that should have remained internal to the family and private.  But 'someone' is determined otherwise and will try to keep it in the public eye.  If it brings in money on books, newspapers, internet 'clicks' - it will be kept at the top of the 'news heap'.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

It's news because 'someone' keeps raising it casting suspicions/rumours/allegations that certain senior Royals are racist. 

I don't believe for a moment that they are - I see it as entirely innocent internal family chatter that should have remained internal to the family and private.  But 'someone' is determined otherwise and will try to keep it in the public eye.  If it brings in money on books, newspapers, internet 'clicks' - it will be kept at the top of the 'news heap'.

I get the revenue garnering thing, I just find it hard to believe anyone cares. It’s just gossip for the empty-headed who haven’t got enough going on in their lives. 
I would think in reality that it was simply a bit of banter, said in jest or even without thinking. I can’t believe anything malicious was intended. 
Sadly, we seem to have got to the stage in our evolution where the intelligent are frightened to say anything lest the imbeciles are offended. 
If this makes the national news then we are truly on a downward spiral as a species. 

I absolutely don't believe a word of it and never have.  The royals are far too clever to have said anything like that to her even if they thought it.

It's more Megan Mischief aimed at causing maximum trouble and she is succeeding.  Even Oprah is distancing herself from the interview 

Edited by Vince Green

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I absolutely don't believe a word of it and never have.  The royals are far too clever to have said anything like that to her even if they thought it.

It's more Megan Mischief aimed at causing maximum trouble and she is succeeding.  Even Oprah is distancing herself from the interview 

This 

assosiate yourself with the mingy markle and kevin............can be very damaging